Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for pest control in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-08-2017 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

We noticed wasps going up into the roof at the outside of the porch this morning. It's a pitched roof and they were entering via a small gap between the wall and the roof. Inside the porch we have a plastered ceiling so they must be in the space above the ceiling?

No nest is visible. A few slates may need to be removed to see it.

Can anyone recommend a good pest control company in Dublin for this? I presume they can spray something through the same gap the wasps are gaining access?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

You can purchase some powder from the likes of B & Q for around €5. Just squirt it into the hole the wasps will be gone. I used it last year, great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

We ended up getting Rentokil out. Booked onlne for a discount for Tuesday but a guy rang us and said he'll be in the area anyway so dropped out yesterday evening. They sprayed up into the void and said they'll come back out on Tuesday if we see more.

Didn't see any around since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

tradesman wrote: »
    You can purchase some powder from the likes of B & Q for around €5. Just squirt it into the hole the wasps will be gone. I used it last year, great stuff

Would that powder be any good for putting around/at a tree? We've an awful amount of wasps at a particular tree, can't see any nests though..

Advertisement