Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air dry Salami/chorizo in garden shed

• 03-08-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 10 x 6 wood garden shed(brand new and well insulated) and I'm planning to start drying some salamis (have done it in the past but in different weather conditions), been measuring the humidity and temperature daily for a few days and it varies from 14 C to 23 C/50 % to 80 depending on the time of the day. So although, it's not perfect yet I am not far from what I need if I can make it stable at around 15 C / 75 % humidity.

Any suggestions or tips? I looked at the dehumidifier below which seems a good option to make sure humidity levels don't go above certain level.. but what if I need more humidity? I read about some units that are a Combo that humifies and dehumidifies depending on the needs but those are way out of my current budget

Ecoair DD122FW SIMPLE 7L Desiccant Dehumidifier with Rotary Humidistat

Thanks

Advertisement