Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI Site Sold

Options
  • 03-08-2017 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

Be very interesting if this goes ahead, the site can be rail connected fairly easily, would be ideal for this Biomass business that they are trying to start out of Foynes. I'm just going to wait for the objections, they are already muttering in the posh parts of Cobh about the importing of gas into Whitegate.
    w.irishexaminer.com/ireland/port-acquires-ifi-plant-for-cargo-expansion-456282.html
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/port-acquires-ifi-plant-for-cargo-expansion-456282.html

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A really interesting project. I see the "Shinners" are objecting to it because the gas is sourced from fracking sites in the US. Anti fracking and all that. I am looking forward to seeing how this works and how the gas is transshipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Ya, the "Greens" are now starting mutter something about it being dangerous, being next to an OIL Refinery, FFS, what ever next.

Advertisement