Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are Boards top posters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Des 43,720 (although he seems to have been purged)

Think he did that himself when he threw his toys out of the pram in protest over something.

jonnycivic wrote: »

No speculation about previous posters please.

JonnyNoCraic! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Me!
    :)

You again?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Me!
    :)

Hi reggie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Hi dude!

Hope you don't run out of IP's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mass suicide round back, for all of those whom remain nameless.

ME FIRST

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Anyone remember the poster poa?

He was quite a laugh although I think the mods banned him because he was so controversial and kept winding posters up constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

rgossip30 wrote: »
    I see the last thread on this was in 2014 . Anyone know who are the top posters at present .

I like the posts by that aongus (spelling?) guy.

I don't care or have any interest if he is bull****ting or not. He seldom posts but when he does I always enjoy reading them as they are always very humorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

We seem to have a soft Spot, or indeed even a hard on, for The Backwards Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

timthumbni wrote: »
    I like the posts by that aongus (spelling?) guy.

I don't care or have any interest if he is bull****ting or not. He seldom posts but when he does I always enjoy reading them as they are always very humorous.

I am with you on that one. They bring a little life to the place and God knows it needs it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'll get there eventually.

You are already a top poster for me ;)

Ah Medusa22 was great craic, wonder where she went :pac:

You are already a top poster for me ;)

Nah she was a pain in the bum.

:pac:

And good riddance to her! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Always enjoyed whoopsadoodles' contributions. And Zaph.
    And The HillBilly.
    And Candie.
    And Oldnotwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

mike65 90,082
    Victor 69,028
    Tar.Aldarion 54,040
    Des 43,720 (although he seems to have been purged)
    Nevyn 42,696

Sephiroth_dude has over 52000 too. Just noticed him/her there in a thread I was reading.

Not as many good characters on the forum nowadays. Shame really.

This times a billion.

There's just nowhere near as many interesting people anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

This times a billion.

There's just nowhere near as many interesting people anymore.

That's one part of it. Another is that before the closed account feature it was easy to spot good and bad posters and you could associate them with single accounts. Get to know them, their views and their opinions, etc. that doesn't happen as much anymore now we have disposable accounts. Still plenty of good posters around but some move from account to account so you don't recognise them.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    That's one part of it. Another is that before the closed account feature it was easy to spot good and bad posters and you could associate them with single accounts. Get to know them, their views and their opinions, etc. that doesn't happen as much anymore now we have disposable accounts. Still plenty of good posters around but some move from account to account so you don't recognise them.

Exactly. In many cases the person that has closed their account and returned changes their posting style/chatting, so as not to be easily identified as being here previously. The account closure lost a lot of good members.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I don't really understand why people who seem to be well liked and valued would close an account and start posting again under another.

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't really understand why people who seem to be well liked and valued would close an account and start posting again under another.

Multiple reasons. Fresh start. Don't want to be recognised. Too much information posted making them easily identifiable. To try lose the cards or bans attached to previous accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Colm mcm has about 51000 posts on boards.

I'm about 6000 over 3 different usernames.
    Been a boardsie 5 years now.

Lord Chessington as he was called is here 18 years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Flutterinbantum was the greatest poster ever on this site.

I would pin point the beginning of the decline of Boards.ie with his perma banning in the Autumn of 2011.

I was first put onto Boards by a fan of his in UL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Multiple reasons. Fresh start. Don't want to be recognised. Too much information posted making them easily identifiable. To try lose the cards or bans attached to previous accounts.

I wear my cards and bans as a badge of honour because im hard.

I wear my cards and bans as a badge of honour because im hard.

Mad as a mad brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends on how you measure.

You can get far more thanks for going with the flow than you can by being honest sometimes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Anyone remember the poster poa?

He was quite a laugh although I think the mods banned him because he was so controversial and kept winding posters up constantly.

Didn't he get banned by personally abusing Aongus von Bismarck? A poster who wound up poor old poa so much that he flew off the handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I am, close thread.

Actually close down boards, no one can beat my brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I never found Flutterinbantam particularly interesting. There's only so many times you can post about "unleashing a coil of ripe midden" in the facilities of some random establishment before it gets old. He was a one-trick-pony whose views were as foul as his bathroom habits. No great loss to Boards, in my not-so-humble opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

RayM wrote: »
    I never found Flutterinbantam particularly interesting. There's only so many times you can post about "unleashing a coil of ripe midden" in the facilities of some random establishment before it gets old. He was a one-trick-pony whose views were as foul as his bathroom habits. No great loss to Boards, in my not-so-humble opinion.

He never could relate to dry shiites, it was all about the wet ones with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Redfence74

Boards is running out of steam

Advertisement