Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are Boards top posters

Options
1235»

Comments

I find Srameen to be a very knowledgeable and interesting poster. He appears to have had a very interesting working life and seems to be enjoying his retirement with his family.
    A well grounded, knowledgeable sensible poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

TheTorment wrote: »
    I find Srameen to be a very knowledgeable and interesting poster. He appears to have had a very interesting working life and seems to be enjoying his retirement with his family.
    A well grounded, knowledgeable sensible poster.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Honda Sam was a prolific user. Deleted her account am started up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Mad as a mad brush.

Mad Jack McMad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Multiple reasons. Fresh start. Don't want to be recognised. Too much information posted making them easily identifiable. To try lose the cards or bans attached to previous accounts.

Ah yeah. I can understand the fresh start approach if someone has built up a load of baggage over a long time. But sometimes you see posters in particular forums who are liked and respected by their peers and who contribute heartily and often and then-poof- next thing you know it reads closed account under their user name. Just makes me wonder sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah yeah. I can understand the fresh start approach if someone has built up a load of baggage over a long time. But sometimes you see posters in particular forums who are liked and respected by their peers and who contribute heartily and often and then-poof- next thing you know it reads closed account under their user name. Just makes me wonder sometimes.

You can't ever know the multitude of personal reasons that people decide to ditch their accounts. If they come back, they're still contributing the same worth to the site even if it doesn't add to their specific personality cult. Let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Some very good and knowledgeable (spelling??) Posters in the farming and in particular intersts to me sheep

Some great craic,low level wind upping...all the while giving good debate/info on individual gaa county treads.... (a lot carried on from old AFR days-showing age now!)

Even on motors/plant forums some very knowledgeable about repairs etc and I do like reading them/learning stuff...particularly on electronics,which I want to get better on

Conspectus wrote: »

Was just being honest....but I'll hold back on my thoughts about you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Some very good and knowledgeable (spelling??) Posters in the farming and in particular intersts to me sheep

I'm not a farmer (but have some farmers in my family) but sometimes myself read that forum. For all the criticism of the site, that forum seems to be one of its sterling validations. Seems to be a great, tight little forum providing a great resource for people that (you would assume) have a challenging and sometimes lonely profession.

You can't ever know the multitude of personal reasons that people decide to ditch their accounts. If they come back, they're still contributing the same worth to the site even if it doesn't add to their specific personality cult. Let it go.

Absolutely, there could be any reason at all for someone to close an account, start a new one etc. It's not a big issue, it's just something I thought of when reading this thread; which is about wondering why and where posters dissapear too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A thread about posters you can't stand would be miles better than this arse licking. Wouldn't last though.

Omackeral wrote: »
    A thread about posters you can't stand would be miles better than this arse licking. Wouldn't last though.

Try again at 4AM. Seems you can write whatever you want about then! No guarantee of it still being there come morning time of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

RayM wrote: »
    I never found Flutterinbantam particularly interesting. There's only so many times you can post about "unleashing a coil of ripe midden" in the facilities of some random establishment before it gets old. He was a one-trick-pony whose views were as foul as his bathroom habits. No great loss to Boards, in my not-so-humble opinion.

His politics Ray. The guy was a fountain of truth.

Yes his tales of defecating were amusing but there was much more to him than that.

A lot of depth to the guy. He's the type of chap who I'd love to sink porter with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Omackeral wrote: »

Be all the same posters listed in fairness :pac:

(Me included)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

His politics Ray. The guy was a fountain of truth.

A fountain of scour, more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Frada was a decent poster, before they made him a mod, and he got involved in the whole, 'we aspire to better things around here' methodology.

Never funny, but he sometimes brought a clarity to on-thread discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Frada was a decent poster, before they made him a mod, and he got involved in the whole, 'we aspire to better things around here' methodology.

Never funny, but he sometimes brought a clarity to on-thread discussions.

Sarcastic prick but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Sarcastic prick but.

Sarcasm is the refuge of the dimwit and the drunkard. Good poster though, so I hope he's doing well for himself. Running an internet cafe or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sarcasm is the refuge of the dimwit and the drunkard. Good poster though, so I hope he's doing well for himself. Running an internet cafe or the like.

Probably runs the White Moose Cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I like Wibbs posts, the guy seems to be an encyclopedia of knowledge on most subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I like Wibbs posts, the guy seems to be an encyclopedia of knowledge on most subjects.

Yeah, Wibbs is like the father of Boards.

God only knows what will happen to this place if he ever decides to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Insert imagine a world without lawyers gif, but I'm just too damn laser.

Advertisement