Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wladimir Klitschko retires

• 03-08-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭

No rematch with Joshua then.

I think its the right decision, what does he have left to prove? 69 fights, 64 wins and 53 of those by knockout.

Love him or hate him, he was the top dog in the Heavyweight division for almost a decade. Him and his brother were lethal, and I for one enjoyed watching them.

Happy retirement, good sir.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Gintonious wrote: »
    No rematch with Joshua then.

I think its the right decision, what does he have left to prove? 69 fights, 64 wins and 53 of those by knockout.

Love him or hate him, he was the top dog in the Heavyweight division for almost a decade. Him and his brother were lethal, and I for one enjoyed watching them.

Happy retirement, good sir.

maxresdefault.jpg

In an era of trash talking 'bad blood' and stunts to sell fights, I'll always remember Wlad and Vitali as guys who maintained their dignity, when bums like Haye and Briggs did their utmost to provoke them. Credits to the sport.

In a way the Joshua fight was a great was to go out for wlad, but could (should) have been all the sweeter.

Best of luck champ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

He looked in such phenomenal shape against Joshua, it was a credit to both of them that it was such a good fight. Pity he has to go out on 2 straight losses but he must have felt that he gave his all the last time out and maybe didn't want to go there again. I'd still favour him against every other HW bar AJ at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/Klitschko/status/893369832946761728

Amazing class from a true great of the sport.

I for one, will miss Wladimir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Klitschko/status/893369832946761728

Amazing class from a true great of the sport.

I for one, will miss Wladimir.

Not only was that fight a stonewall classic, it was definitive proof that the barrel scraping ****e employed to sell fights isn't necessary. Two respectful and dignified champions sold out Wembley, while the circus than will unfold on the 26th currently selling very poorly.

Advertisement