Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage to washing machine/ curtains who's liability

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Update

I need help.

Had plumber out 3rd day in a row. Checked everything going in and out of washing machine, right pressure, no blockages. This is washing machine I bought yesterday and same issue as previous one. It washes away but then doesn't drain just makes strained noise.

Nearly there with other issues. Plumber back tomorrow to replace ball cocks in toilet as new pump keeps going on and off. That's the new pump that replaced 2 week old pump.

Fuse board..electrician replaced half the breakers now other half starting to trip.

Just spent 17k refurbishing the apartment.

I've seriously thinking of getting a priest out..its haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Have you checked the the drain you put the outlet into is clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Update

I need help.

Had plumber out 3rd day in a row. Checked everything going in and out of washing machine, right pressure, no blockages. This is washing machine I bought yesterday and same issue as previous one. It washes away but then doesn't drain just makes strained noise.

Nearly there with other issues. Plumber back tomorrow to replace ball cocks in toilet as new pump keeps going on and off. That's the new pump that replaced 2 week old pump.

Fuse board..electrician replaced half the breakers now other half starting to trip.

The outlet pipe rarely blocks but it could bring that. But try leaving the machine well out from the wall. It sounds simple but regularly happens, a new machine is slightly larger than the previous one and kinks the waste hose. Definely a drainage issue so either the curtains are preventing the machine from draining, or the hose or the outlet pipe but most likely the hose.

The breakers, most likely you have relocated something electicial eg fridge, washer etc..... or something new has been plugged in placing too much load on the circuit. Any decent electrician will sort it but try to isolate what's running athe the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Update

I need help.

The outlet pipe rarely blocks but it could be that. But try leaving the machine well out from the wall and running. It sounds simple but regularly happens, a new machine is slightly larger than the previous one and kinks the waste hose. Definely a drainage issue so either the curtains are preventing the machine from draining, or the hose or the outlet pipe but most likely the hose.

The breakers, most likely you have relocated something electicial eg fridge, washer etc..... or something new has been plugged in placing too much load on the circuit. Any decent electrician will sort it but try to isolate what's running at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I should post a final update to close this off.

So having bought new washing machine €250 and with same issue. Plumber had a look couldn't find anything wrong. Called out service agent €75.

The end of the output pipe always has a cap on inside that needs to be cut. So lot of money spent needlessly.

Old washing machine was fine. Again when builder put in new kitchen he put in new pipe and left cap on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

How did the first one ever work??? Did the previous tenant never wash anything???

Glad to hear it was something simple in the end, and there are no more costs after this.

Edit: forgot about the refurb

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Send invoice to builder

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement