Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clock that allow setting the snooze time (but in the morning)

Options
  • 03-08-2017 12:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

So in the morning, after the snooze time is up (lets say 20 minutes) I want to be able to reach across, and hit the 'snooze' again (having already selected the snooze time the night before), but this time to be able to select (quickly) the amount of time for the snooze. I might literally just need 2 more minutes... to come to terms with the fact that I have to do the very difficult thing of getting up.

You see, it's only in the morning to you have a better idea of how much extra time you need. I know I can trust myself to do get up, it's just that I need something to tell me to do it. It's easier when your told what to do... know what I mean? It's the perfect solution to minimising time in bed.

Currently, if I re-hit snooze and it goes for another 20 minutes, and that's 20 minutes wasted! But yet having to get up straight away after the snooze takes too much effort. To just lie there for two minutes (without a time set) isn't an option, because sometimes 10 minutes can seem like two minutes when your half asleep, so it's hard to judge... and there's even a chance I might fall back to sleep during this time!

Do ye get the dilemma I'm in every morning. Anyone know of an alarm clock that has this feature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If you used your phone , you could set separate alarms with different spacings .

I have my electric alarm clock set for 7.30am and my fit-bit vibrates on my wrist at 7.45am and my phone goes off at 7.50am

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Or you could just set your alarm for the time you need to get up and when it goes off take the daring move of, getting up?

So in the morning, after the snooze time is up (lets say 20 minutes) I want to be able to reach across, and hit the 'snooze' again (having already selected the snooze time the night before), but this time to be able to select (quickly) the amount of time for the snooze. I might literally just need 2 more minutes... to come to terms with the fact that I have to do the very difficult thing of getting up.

You see, it's only in the morning to you have a better idea of how much extra time you need. I know I can trust myself to do get up, it's just that I need something to tell me to do it. It's easier when your told what to do... know what I mean? It's the perfect solution to minimising time in bed.

Currently, if I re-hit snooze and it goes for another 20 minutes, and that's 20 minutes wasted! But yet having to get up straight away after the snooze takes too much effort. To just lie there for two minutes (without a time set) isn't an option, because sometimes 10 minutes can seem like two minutes when your half asleep, so it's hard to judge... and there's even a chance I might fall back to sleep during this time!

Do ye get the dilemma I'm in every morning. Anyone know of an alarm clock that has this feature?

I've been in your dilemma for much of my life, and to be honest its not a healthy way to go through life. Try and wake up at the same time every morning and after a couple of weeks it becomes routine.

I honestly think the snooze button sets you up to make poor decisions. I know Ive done it myself. Set the alarm for 7.30 the night before with great intentions. I'll get up at 7.30, shower and have fried eggs for breakfast and leave the house at 8.15 in plenty of time for work, and instead you snooze for another 20 minutes, do bare minimum in the shower, skip breakfast and end up running into work a few minutes late. Starting the day of work hungry and stressed.

Figure out what time you need to get up, set the alarm for that time, when it goes off, sit up in bed, turn on the light. I read the news on my phone for a few minutes to wake myself up a bit, then start your morning routine.

If you can snooze for 20 minutes after your alarm goes off, with no impact to the rest of your morning routine, then set your alarm 20 minutes later. Your sleep quality will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

As above, simply set your phone with 2 alarms in the morning.
    Simply set the first alarm for 7am with no snooze, and set second alarm for 7:20 with 2 mins snooze time, easy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

If you used your phone , you could set separate alarms with different spacings .

I have my electric alarm clock set for 7.30am and my fit-bit vibrates on my wrist at 7.45am and my phone goes off at 7.50am
    But I want to be able to choose the times when I'm in bed in the morning

My nokia doesn't have those options.

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    As above, simply set your phone with 2 alarms in the morning.
    Simply set the first alarm for 7am with no snooze, and set second alarm for 7:20 with 2 mins snooze time, easy
    2 mins was just an example. That's the thing. What if I wanted 8 minutes.

The point is I want to be able to choose the 2nd snooze time in the morning! Having to turn on the phone in the morning, just to set a new alarm (for 2nd snooze) is too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

Turning on the phone and setting a new alarm is too much hassle.

Winner of first world problem for today...

I've been in your dilemma for much of my life, and to be honest its not a healthy way to go through life. Try and wake up at the same time every morning and after a couple of weeks it becomes routine.
    I do wake the same time each morning.
    I honestly think the snooze button sets you up to make poor decisions. I know Ive done it myself. Set the alarm for 7.30 the night before with great intentions. I'll get up at 7.30, shower and have fried eggs for breakfast and leave the house at 8.15 in plenty of time for work, and instead you snooze for another 20 minutes, do bare minimum in the shower, skip breakfast and end up running into work a few minutes late. Starting the day of work hungry and stressed.
    For the sake of this thread you can assume that I'd set the alarm 20 minutes earlier to account for this. Or else you can assume that I'm a self made millionaire without any commitments.
    Figure out what time you need to get up, set the alarm for that time
    Well I've got that part sorted.
    when it goes off, sit up in bed, turn on the light. I read the news on my phone for a few minutes to wake myself up a bit, then start your morning routine.
    That is not realistic. I know myself that well at this stage. Besides, that ~25 minute lie-in (both snoozes) can be absolute pure bliss. In fact I enjoy it so much, that I'd rather cut my total sleep time shorter just to get it. It also allows me to mentally transition into the right mindset to be ready for anything.
    If you can snooze for 20 minutes after your alarm goes off, with no impact to the rest of your morning routine, then set your alarm 20 minutes later. Your sleep quality will be better.
    No, just no. We're not alike.

Fair enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Some mornings. Hit snooze several times. Self-defeating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

My Sony cube kinda does what you want.
    Snooze is 10 mins by default.

But if I hit button twice (ie hit once and immediately again) the snooze is 20mins. 3 times is 30mins. Not sure how far the sequence goes.

Now if that 10 min block was adjustable you'd be in business.

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Now if that 10 min block was adjustable you'd be in business.
    Yes I would sbs. Yes I would!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

My travel clock is 4 minutes snooze.

Advertisement