Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Watching an extra slice. Yan is really funny. Can see her going further like Nadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dovies wrote: »
    Watching an extra slice. Yan is really funny. Can see her going further like Nadia.

She was definitely more entertaining than the panel .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    She was definitely more entertaining than the panel .

Definitely. Nick whathisname barely said 2 words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

I've been willing Kate along the past few weeks, really wanted her to do well. It seems like she could go on Tuesday I'd she doesn't sort herself out.

Not a fan of Stephen..I'm a bit wary of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Dovies wrote: »

I said the same of Liam to my wife this week. He's quite funny, very likeable, and seems to have lots of baking knowledge for someone so young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

_Dara_ wrote: »
    You mean Stacey?

Woops, yes Stacey not Sophie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I REALLY hope Stacey goes home tonight.

Also a friend of mine told me than in the first week of bake off she put a tenner on Liam in the bookies. His odds at the time were 50/1 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I've a funny feeling that because it's Victorian week that Kate will suddenly improve. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm still gutted that Yan is gone. Yan tried so hard and was really inventive with a lot of things, like the gelatin snow globes but alas time management and / or stress got the better of her. I always got the feeling the judges didn't like Yan an awful lot. Loved Yan and Noel - would watch a spin off with the two of them.

The judges love Stacey for some bizarre reason. She should have gone home the week she left parchment in the cake. Such a basic mistake. Don't get the love for her.

Same with Steven. I have an irrational dislike to him. I don't know why they love him so much. I think Paul said his handbag was the best bread bake he'd ever seen. Pfft! Prison guard Paul's Tiger was far more spectacular and more intricate. Steven is a bit too smug for my liking.

I've like Sophie from the start. She's not getting a lot of air time and the judges seem a bit meh to her compared to Steven and Stacey. I think Sophie is a steady contestant and really down to earth.

Love love love Liam. He's just so chilled and laid back and always has really interesting recipes and flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

If there's one thing I love about Bake Off, it's how much they're willing to help each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Before I've seen anything judged I'm disliking Kate and Stacey because their hair is all over the place, pretty gross. Sophie on the other hand has neat hair, much, much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Clangers with carpet fibres 😜

22490127_1799218530112869_4970610939054802520_n.jpg?oh=1ad005281953a9ec9d89ce20f3ee7d8c&oe=5A77079B

:D

If Liam ends up being sent home this week ahead of Kate or Stacey, I'll scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

This is a great showstopper, looking forward to seeing them all

Not looking good for Liam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

ShazGV wrote: »
    Not looking good for Liam :(

:(

Noooooooooooooo :(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

When I saw her tear up I just knew :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Kate keeps scraping through this, 2 dotes in a row gone

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

OMG can't believe Liam is gone. One bad showstopper and he's gone, Kate should have been gone this week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

So disappointed for Liam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Birdsong wrote: »
    OMG can't believe Liam is gone. One bad showstopper and he's gone, Kate should have been gone this week

Totally agree. I’m gutted for Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Birdsong wrote: »

In fairness it wasn't just one bad showstopper, his technical bake was raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Can’t believe Liam went. :(

Lots of people are fed up of Stacey. Well, I'm sick of Kate. She’s been treading water for weeks, far more than Stacey IMO. She should have gone. Liam messed up the technical but I think he and Kate were even in this episode overall. He had a better first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I didn’t like this week at all. Had very little interest in any of the bakes. Even the ‘no rising agent’ thing wasn’t very interesting as that has happened before on the show before. I’m surprised that Sophie wasn’t in consideration for leaving the show. Her showstopper wasn’t a complete triumph and she mucked up the first two rounds. Stacey just about deserved star baker. I’d say her and Steven were on a par and the decider was her never having won it. A very blah week to win though.

Edit: I like Sophie though, she’s my favourite contestant and has been for a good while now. So I’m glad she stayed. I’m just surprised she wasn’t in the elimination mix this time round. I think the Channel 4 judging has been less consistent than on the Beeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Stacey has grown on me, and she completely wears her heart on her sleeve. Im glad she got star baker

However sending liam home over kate. Totally the wrong decision, she's been getting worse week by week. And if she says "disaster"one more time, im throwing my biscuits at the tv!!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

So disappointed in tonight's choice. Kate should have gone. He's been so good every week up to now and she's been hanging by a thread. Wrong wrong wrong :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

Kate should definitely have gone!

I think Stacy deserved star baker, marginally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Poor, poor Liam. Thought his previous weeks might have saved him. It's clearly between Steven and Sophie to win.

• Advertisement

Poor, poor Liam. Thought his previous weeks might have saved him. It's clearly between Steven and Sophie to win.

Hoping for Sophie to win now that Liam’s gone.

Advertisement