Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think Kate and Liam are on a par with each other. She was much better in the earlier rounds, he has been better they last few weeks.

I'd much rather see someone who has improved in the final, than someone who has stagnated or disimproved over the weeks. Liam had shown progression and begun to thrive as the stakes got higher, whereas Kate has crumbled under the pressure time and time again - if his pie had been even a bit more cooked(!) this week, I think Kate would've gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

daisy123 wrote: »
    I think you're right and that is the hardest decision that Hollywood was making in the preview!
    Oh I missed the preview for next week. I rage quit the tv and went to refill my glass of wine!

miamee wrote: »
    Kate is there by the skin of her teeth, her Liver Building effort looked absolutely dreadful and unfinished. The liver bird looked like a dragon! It was a bit too King-Kong for me :D

:O My electricity dropped out and I missed some so until I read this I thought it was a dragon! :D

It was disgraceful looking. I always ask myself 'if I walked into a bakery and saw that would I be impressed/tempted by it'? I never seem to feel that way about Kate or Stacey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'll gladly take that bet.
    I hope I'm wrong. Neither Stacey or Kate deserve to be in the final. Liam had a bit of a dodgy start but the last couple of weeks he's been doing extremely well. Love that Liam always had a really cool presentations for his bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Good to see Liam is looking to the future.

https://twitter.com/liamcbakes/status/920384592732966913

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am watching now as I recorded it . I like to sit and chill and watch Bake Off . Stacey is actually making me anxious watching her flap about and her hair hanging over the counter .

Must say all the show stoppers this series have been disappointing . Kates looked amateurish and boring

Stephen or Sophie for me as they look far better to me

I am not really outraged that Liam went but Stacey should have gone weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

This week Liam's techical bake was raw, his showstopper was underwhelming because he did take into consideration that the spun sugar would melt. His signature bake was his only good back this week.

I like Liam and he is a good baker but he wasn't good enough to win.

In fairness, that was the only mistake he made in the show stopper. Bad planning rather than bad baking, whereas Kate's was totally amateur. It looked like a child had made it in home ec. Not a week 8 show stopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It wasn't really his only mistake. It was a bit "informal" as Mary would have said. Not as bad as Kate but perhaps a touch worse than Sophie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

It wasn't really his only mistake. It was a bit "informal" as Mary would have said. Not as bad as Kate but perhaps a touch worse than Sophie.

Ok so if his show stopper was better and her technical was better, who's signature was better. ... I forget

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It's not just one versus the other though - his technical was clearly the worst part of the whole episode. A real shame too as it looked set to be good and he just ran out of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

I've gotta say - I think Noel and Sandi are such fantastic additions to the show. Sandi seems genuinely lovely and I don't think her heartbreak at announcing who's leaving is fake at all. I accidentally watched an episode from Season 7 last night and found Mel and Sue annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

justback83 wrote: »
    I've gotta say - I think Noel and Sandi are such fantastic additions to the show. Sandi seems genuinely lovely and I don't think her heartbreak at announcing who's leaving is fake at all. I accidentally watched an episode from Season 7 last night and found Mel and Sue annoying!

Yep, I've come right around from lamenting the loss of Mel & Sue (don't seem to have suffered the over-exposure of others who have watched all series) to really loving Sandy & Noel. They've bedded down brilliantly into it.

Now if we could just magic away the ads......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

In fairness, that was the only mistake he made in the show stopper. Bad planning rather than bad baking, whereas Kate's was totally amateur. It looked like a child had made it in home ec. Not a week 8 show stopper!

There was no flavour in his showstopper, so it wasn't his only mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Very disappointed to see Liam go, he was such a great and likeable character. he had me laughing a lot.

I like all of the contestants, Stacey the least but I still think she's OK.

I would have thought Kate should go instead of Liam and was quite surprised she didn't. Her showstopper was laughable, it looked like something a child had made - I was astounded.

Haha they weren't impressed with Kates showstopper on an extra slice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Haha they weren't impressed with Kates showstopper on an extra slice!

No. Great panel tonight. Better than previous shows

Dovies wrote: »
    No. Great panel tonight. Better than previous shows

Yeah I thought that girl Stacey wouldn't be able to string a sentence together she's so dim at times but she's great and pretty funny.

Yeah I thought that girl Stacey wouldn't be able to string a sentence together she's so dim at times but she's great and pretty funny.

Oh I love Stacey. I'm not one for these reality celebs but she is great. Really natural

Who's the hairy fella :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who's the hairy fella :confused:

Comedian. Usually on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown

• Advertisement

That clanger is brilliant :D:D

Oi, Jo - porter cake is most certainly not a "forgotten bake":mad:

I'm pretty sure I used to have a quilt cover made from Liam's shirt material!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I will miss Liam. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

That was my first time to watch Extra Slice, purely because it was going to have Liam on it - and it was great! Had to laugh at Richard saying they could've been chatting to Kate instead. :D

Awwww that compilation of funny bits was lovely :D

Posy wrote: »

Me too

Posy wrote: »
    Me too

Me three :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,978 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Liam was great....i was shocked Kate didn't go this week.
    Love extra slice think it's even better this series on channel 4

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Awwww that compilation of funny bits was lovely :D

He has such an infectious giggle!

The cake at the end was brilliant! Some of them have been just a bit "meh" - but that one was class!

Advertisement