Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Just catching up - what in the actual fudge!

Never saw Liam as the overall GBBO winner but I was shocked and sad to see him leave this week. Much like Yann last week, I don't believe he was the worst baker.

Is this the Channel 4 version finally showing it's true reality colours? I feel like this wouldn't have happened on BBC and maybe as much 'controversy' wouldn't have been generated and tweeted and blogged but we would have felt better for it.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    He has such an infectious giggle!

The cake at the end was brilliant! Some of them have been just a bit "meh" - but that one was class!

Yes the cake was amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just caught up tonight and my reaction is basically:

:(

I was sure he'd win the entire show.

However he probably did come last this week, but Kate gave them an 'out' to keep Liam around, if they so wished.

Think they need to find a backdoor system like the GAA :pac:

Guess I'm rooting for Sophie now, although considering my increasing dislike of Stacey, she'll probably win the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw really enjoyed extra slice! Stacy Solomon has definatly been getting elocution lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Watched extra slice yesterday and I really wish they would spend more time with the baker. It's almost tagged on at the end.
    So much time spend on the audience bakes.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Kate irritates me. All I keep thinking when I watch her is "tie your bloody hair up" I'm surprised that they haven't came across hairs in her bakes every round.

There was a bit when Stacey's oven door fell off and Steven immediately offered his oven space and Kate just said something like "oh that's awful" and it was so utterly fake. You could tell she was delighted at the idea that Stacey's bakes might get ruined thanks to the oven malfunctioning and increase her own odds of getting through. I've not much time for Steven but it shows he's a nicer person than her.

I get it's a competition but her obvious schadenfreude was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Neyite wrote: »
    There was a bit when Stacey's oven door fell off and Steven immediately offered his oven space and Kate just said something like "oh that's awful" and it was so utterly fake. You could tell she was delighted at the idea that Stacey's bakes might get ruined thanks to the oven malfunctioning and increase her own odds of getting through. I've not much time for Steven but it shows he's a nicer person than her.

Yes, a ten second snippet on a carefully edited TV show is quite the grounds for assessing the worth of an individual's character. What nonsense ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm not a Kate fan but I read it more like she was engrossed in finishing her own bake and barely registered that Stacy's oven was broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Just catching up - what in the actual fudge!

Never saw Liam as the overall GBBO winner but I was shocked and sad to see him leave this week. Much like Yann last week, I don't believe he was the worst baker.

Is this the Channel 4 version finally showing it's true reality colours? I feel like this wouldn't have happened on BBC and maybe as much 'controversy' wouldn't have been generated and tweeted and blogged but we would have felt better for it.

Totally agree. People are saying the show is exactly like it was on the Beeb, but there have been a few more overtly “reality TV” moments this season than before. Shame. Avoiding hoary old reality TV tropes is what made the show so unique and enjoyable.
    Neyite wrote: »
    Kate irritates me. All I keep thinking when I watch her is "tie your bloody hair up" I'm surprised that they haven't came across hairs in her bakes every round.

I get it's a competition but her obvious schadenfreude was obvious.

Thing is, Stacey is very competitive and not very gracious herself. I guess they’re not all guaranteed to be chummy with each other.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Thing is, Stacey is very competitive and not very gracious herself. I guess they’re not all guaranteed to be chummy with each other.

That's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭threetrees

Birdsong wrote: »
    Watched extra slice yesterday and I really wish they would spend more time with the baker. It's almost tagged on at the end.
    So much time spend on the audience bakes.
    Yep. I agree. I'd love to have seen a longer interview with Liam but I reckon he'll hit the telley in another capacity soon enough. He's just so likeable and I hope the fame and his youth don't change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I’d like to see Stacey make the final over Kate. She’s at least earned a few handshakes along the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

If Sophie doesn't make the final, I'm going home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Is it my tv or has every contestant put on weight since the show started weeks ago

On another note I called my dating site profile a bake off name, thinking it was appropriate. Now so many weeks later, still no boyfriwnd, and ill have to change my name :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Stacey hair needs to be clipped back . Does my head in seeing it dangled

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Stacey hair needs to be clipped back . Does my head in seeing it dangled

Everyone's hair needs to be clipped back :mad:

Thought stacey was going to self - combust during that..... hope she survives the whole programme :eek:

Well..... Kate fairly smashed that!!

Cat's among the pigeons now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Could Steven be in a bit of trouble

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Everyone's hair needs to be clipped back :mad:

Thought stacey was going to self - combust during that..... hope she survives the whole programme :eek:

She is making me anxious watching her flap about

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Could Steven be in a bit of trouble

Was just going to post this!

• Advertisement

He'll have to pull out something very good here

Honestly you would think they could cool down the tent by now . A few Dyson fans or something to stop chocolate melting for heavens sake

He'll have to pull out something very good here

I'm thinking a melted basket isn't it anyway!

Kate's rainbow was a bit insipid looking. Or did she spray paint it up? Seemed a bit simple as well compared to the others.

Stephen looks well stressed!

Kate's looks like a three year old child's drawing.

Jaysus world they ever give US a look at the bakes before they get demolished by the judges!

Uh oh.....

Is Stephen tripping up at the last hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Was Kate's missing a piece, don't remember them talking about "a cake" it was all about the meringue

Either Steven or Stacy is going home. I think Stacy

• Advertisement

Either Steven or Stacy is going home. I think Stacy

I hope its Stacey , her stress is stressful

Advertisement