Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I reckon Sophie will win it.

Stephen is great but Sophie has been consistently good and seems calm under pressure.

Wasn't a fan of Stacey at all but did feel bad for her like many here.
    That smirk she gave when she heard she heard Stephen came third in the technical had me fully wanting her to fail on the showstopper but it should have been Kate. Kate's never wowed really on the showstopper.

I know many are very critical of it but have to say I'm enjoying it quite a lot on channel4. Just a shame Liam didn't make the final.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The number of ads especially towards the end of the programme are very distracting.

I thought the right person went last night but I was genuinely worried for Stephen when it came down to it. His showstopper wasn't very good and his choux buns didn't look great either. I think he came last on the Les Miserables as well, did he? He was very lucky to stay in but I'm glad he did.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    She could also afford a hair brush and a few bobbins and clips so too !

Her and Kate both annoy me with their hair. Tie up your hair in the kitchen ffs. I'm surprised that Paul or Pru haven't pulled a hair out of their cakes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Neyite wrote: »
    Her and Kate both annoy me with their hair. Tie up your hair in the kitchen ffs. I'm surprised that Paul or Pru haven't pulled a hair out of their cakes yet.

Me too it looked awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I presumed when the poster I replied to talked about the standard being the highest ever, that they were talking about contestants as a whole, not the semi-finalists. That's why I talked about all the contestants and compared them to previous series'. There were no mention last night of the semi-finalists this year being the best ever.

No need for the explanation, _Dara_ Misunderstanding cleared up! :D

BTW, I'm getting tired of people bemoaning Liam's exit. There was no guarantee he would have been the winner. It's all part of the game that he was let go. Let's move on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Eyepatch wrote: »
    BTW, I'm getting tired of people bemoaning Liam's exit. There was no guarantee he would have been the winner. It's all part of the game that he was let go. Let's move on!

I don't think people think he would have definitely won but he deserved a crack at it. I think people are going on about it because Stacey and Kate are the most shambolic semi-finalists in the history of the show, seriously! It calls the credibility of the show into question, for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

miamee wrote: »
    The number of ads especially towards the end of the programme are very distracting.

The ads are a bit of a pain alright. I pause it every week for about twenty minutes, then just fast forward through the ads.

The ads are a bit of a pain alright. I pause it every week for about twenty minutes, then just fast forward through the ads.

Even so, it ruins it a bit having to do that. On the Beeb, the show would just wash over you pleasantly. The last two breaks are really close together too. There is one too many ad breaks, IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yeah the last one last night took me by surprise - we had it recorded and watched it a little later but the final ad break was incredibly close to the previous one. I couldn't believe I had to fast forward more feckin ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I don't think people think he would have definitely won but he deserved a crack at it. I think people are going on about it because Stacey and Kate are the most shambolic semi-finalists in the history of the show, seriously! It calls the credibility of the show into question, for me anyway.

Yeah exactly, i never thought he would or should win but really wanted him in the final with Stephan and Sophie! Really hope Sophie wins now, don't know what it is but I never took to Stephan!

• Advertisement

It's all a question of the luck of the draw.

I would like to see Steven win because it is so important to him - and because he's very good, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Get me a choux bun, they looked unreal!

Get me a choux bun, they looked unreal!

I was at my husband's aunt's house recently. She's a great cook and baker and made profiteroles from scratch. Sweet mother of jesus, they were just sex. Soooo good.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I want to be Noel Fielding's friend! I love him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Only getting to watch last nights episode now - this is a seriously stressful showstopper!

Jo Brand on Extra Slice has really "upped her game" over the years. Love her dress sense for this series. I hated her silly jokes when she was on Countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Jo Brand on Extra Slice has really "upped her game" over the years. Love her dress sense for this series. I hated her silly jokes when she was on Countdown.

I enjoyed the interaction between herself and Sandi last night. They obvously know each from the comedy circuit over the year and there was good quips and banter between them.

I enjoyed the interaction between herself and Sandi last night. They obvously know each from the comedy circuit over the year and there was good quips and banter between them.

Sandy is quite witty, even more so since she has settled into the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have to say, I don't miss Mel and Sue at all! I did really like them but I think Noel and Sandi are a refreshing change.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I've always loved Sandi, so I'm delighted to see her every week on the bake off. I was worried it wouldn't suit her but it definitely does

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    I have to say, I don't miss Mel and Sue at all! I did really like them but I think Noel and Sandi are a refreshing change.

I like them as much as each other. Noel is hilarious but Sandi, whilst I really like her, still seems a bit awkward to me. Noel and Sandi don’t have the rapport that Mel and Sue had, IMO. I preferred the interactions Mel and Sue had with the contestants too somehow.

I kinda hate people being too disparaging of Mel and Sue because, even if they are not someone’s bag, they had a big hand in the development of the gentle nature of the show that we all love.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Prue has tweeted the winner about 8 hours early by mistake.

The tweet has disappeared but the winner is out there online if you want to avoid spoliers, stay off social media.

Its too late for me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Prue has tweeted the winner about 8 hours early by mistake.

The tweet has disappeared but the winner is out there online if you want to avoid spoliers, stay off social media.

Its too late for me. :o

What an idiotic thing to do! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Well, you wouldn't catch Mary B doing that :pac:

I looked it up because I don't care about spoilers I just enjoy watching the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I haven't a clue who the winner is and I don't want to know until tonight, so nobody name them here PLEASE!

I think I might stay offline for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd say you'll be safe here, it would be a dickish thing to do to name the winner at this stage. :o

I think shes away in Bhutan or somewhere and never factored in the time zone difference when sending the congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Didn't Paul or Mary do something similar a few years ago?

I've seen the spoiler because I know I won't see the show tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Some Muppet has just posted it on a completely unrelated group on FB. Feckin eejit

Malari wrote: »
    Well, you wouldn't catch Mary B doing that :pac:

I looked it up because I don't care about spoilers I just enjoy watching the show.

Me too. Doesn’t take from the final for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im on night shift so wont see it till tomorrow. Im going to have to go completely off line tonight from 8 pm

Advertisement