Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Have a horrible feeling its Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Have a horrible feeling its Kate

I’d be very suprised if it is - didn’t see the whole of tonight’s show - did she do very well in the other bakes?

Im so happy I avoided the spoilers. This is wonderfully tense. Come on Sophie!

Sophie’s showstopper was stunning to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hurray!!!

• Advertisement

Yipeeeeee
    The right one

She doesn’t really seem surprised lol or maybe in shock - yup that’s it!

They shouldn't have let Sandi announce the winner! She's too soft! And she set me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Flo!

Jaysus, that last bit was a bit....odd....

Makes Steven and Sophie sound like an item! :eek:

• Advertisement

Sophie and Steven going on holiday together !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A worthy winner, and sure that's what we'll remember. Now for a year of threatening my wife that I'll bake bread for the first time.

maybe there will be a bake off wedding and bake off babies :D
    Don't let Sophie's boyfriend hear you saying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,279 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Don't let Sophie's boyfriend hear you saying that!

Yep thought about it after, wasn't sure if either were married or coupled already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I thought that both Sophie’s and Kate’s showstoppers were stunning, especially Kate’s which was very minimalist and stylish. I’d love it as my wedding cake icing and decoration.

Very deserved winner! I’d say Kate came second?

I was very confused in the round up at the end, thinking that Tom seemed to be in it longer than three episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Right decision tonight I think. I didn't mind between Sophie and Steven.

Not sure if we will hear from any of them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I picked Sophie too and for pretty much the exact same reasons. She seems very calm and I don't think she'll let the pressure get to her. I'm guessing her former day job helps there.

Sophie for the win! :D

Yayyyyyyy Sophie :D So delighted. if only I'd put a few quid on her in week one, lol.
    She was calm and unflappable the whole way through, never let the pressure get to her and I think that's why saw her through. A deserved winner.

Oh and can I just say, how much I have absolutely LOVED Noel throughout the series. I like Sandi too. They're SO much better than Mel & Sue.

No fear, sure isn’t Steven gay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

leahyl wrote: »
    No fear, sure isn’t Steven gay?!
    Yup!

Right winner for me...Steven wasn't good enough in show stopper.
    It's been a good series for me Now Fielding grew on me and I loved prue

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaysus, that last bit was a bit....odd....

Makes Steven and Sophie sound like an item! :eek:
    Sophie has a boyfriend....but they don't live together....or do they....apparently she is being investigated for benefit fraud...puts a bit of a downer on things...

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Sophie has a boyfriend....but they don't live together....or do they....apparently she is being investigated for benefit fraud...puts a bit of a downer on things...
    Does it?

She was still the most consistent baker by quite a long way, produced a fantastic showstopper in the final, seems like a lovely person and was an oasis of calm the whole way through the series.

Her domestic arrangements don't impact her win in my eyes anyway!

gmisk wrote: »

Apparently she had declared it and it hadn't been processed .so we don't know the full story only the Daily Mails side ( rolls eyes)

Steven is the Mayo of Bake Off. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has there ever been a male winner??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

fryup wrote: »

Winners of the first and third series were male, Edd Kemper and John Waite.

fryup wrote: »

Series one and three.

Saw someone on Twitter say it should have been a male winner but why exactly? Meritocracy doesn't work that way and it was Steven's to lose, really. He fell at the last hurdle. Ian in Nadiya's season was an early stand out too who just fell short at the end. The format is a cruel mistress.

The year John Whaite won it, the three finalists were male.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If they base the final just off of the final and not the previous episodes, then Kate was second. She's superb at baking most things but she really seems to struggle with the decoration side of things or anything that involves a bit of engineering

Disapointed Stephen's showstopper didn't work, can't fault his ambition but Sophie was the deserved winner

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm delighted for Sophie she did steadily well throughout the series whereas I think the other two had their 'off' days at times, particularly Kate.
    Ah Noel and Sandi were very emotional at the end, even Paul admitted to having something in his eye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Candice, last years winner, will be taking part in Dancing on Ice in January.

• Advertisement

Candice, last years winner, will be taking part in Dancing on Ice in January.
    :eek:

(Apart from anything, I thought that had been scrapped due to the levels of injuries to participants? or lack of interest, or possibly both. But I loved it, and would be delighted if I'm wrong!)

Advertisement