Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :eek:

(Apart from anything, I thought that had been scrapped due to the levels of injuries to participants? or lack of interest, or possibly both. But I loved it, and would be delighted if I'm wrong!)

It was off for a couple of years but has been brought back. Torvil & Dean, Jason Gardiner and another female (can't think of her name) are the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It was off for a couple of years but has been brought back. Torvil & Dean, Jason Gardiner and another female (can't think of her name) are the judges.
    Not that awful American singer? Can't think of her name either, but she gave me a terrible headache!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Not that awful American singer? Can't think of her name either, but she gave me a terrible headache!

Sorry it's not a female. It's Ashley Banjo from Diversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Sorry it's not a female. It's Ashley Banjo from Diversity.
    Okaaay..... whoever he is!

Well hurray anyway! That's brightened my morning up no end! :D

Winners of the first and third series were male, Edd Kemper and John Waite.

Edd Kimber. Ed Kemper is the serial killer :D

• Advertisement

Edd Kimber. Ed Kemper is the serial killer :D

Oops :o I watched Mindhunder over the weekend so I've serial killers on my mind. ;)

Oops :o I watched Mindhunder over the weekend so I've serial killers on my mind. ;)

Me too. That's the only reason I picked up on it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Wouldn't fancy Ed Kemper round my kitchen. Showstopper - head on a stick!
    On a related note, I did once have to explain to a friend that no, Ted Bundy wasn't the guy in 'Married with children' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Is it worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Only watching the final now, Kate really stepped up her game for the final to be fair! The final showstoppers weren't as extravagant as earlier years but still very beautiful & could still feel the stress involved in making them.

Think I'll have to go rewatch some of the earlier seasons to deal with it being over. :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Ew.

Although the photos dont look all that... incriminating... could just be a peck like. But ew all the same.

neonsofa wrote: »
    Ew.

Although the photos dont look all that... incriminating... could just be a peck like. But ew all the same.

Hard to tell from the angle if it is a proper kiss or just a kiss on the cheek. Mind you I got a kiss on the cheek from a male friend of mine the other day and he definitely didn't have his hand round the back of my head at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Hard to tell from the angle if it is a proper kiss or just a kiss on the cheek. Mind you I got a kiss on the cheek from a male friend of mine the other day and he definitely didn't have his hand round the back of my head at the time!

She was locked though, in fairness.
    Someone sold a story about being Sophie's former toyboy during the week. It's actually pathetic how baking show competitors are subjected to this crap!

To me it looks like a kiss on the cheek and also like she's not even touching his ear. Who gives a sh1te anyway though.

So weird not to be switching on tonight! Well, I'm off to the cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Prue Leith is on Ray D'Arcy tonight.
    Eek! She's wearing an outsize wooden bead necklace and drop ear-rings. The ear-rings are dangling down and banging off the the beads in the necklace, amplified, of course, by the microphone she's wearing. Embarrassing!

GBBO Christmas Special with former contestants will be on Ch4. Paul, Prue, Noel and Sandi will also be back.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-21/bake-off-2017-christmas-special-contestants/

GBBO Christmas Special with former contestants will be on Ch4. Paul, Prue, Noel and Sandi will also be back.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-21/bake-off-2017-christmas-special-contestants/

Has anyone seen a date for this?

The specials are on Christmas Day at 2.30pm and Stephen's Day at 3.05pm. Better hit the record button. :)

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-12-06/what-is-on-tv-this-christmas/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The specials are on Christmas Day at 2.30pm and Stephen's Day at 3.05pm. Better hit the record button. :)

Brilliant .Thanks . Call the Midwife , Bake off and Strictly all to look forward to

Great British Christmas Day Bakeoff! Brilliant entertainment! The icing on the cake - excuse pun - was the finish outside the tent for announcing the winnner - it actually was snowing. Lovely ending with carol singers and everybody dancing in the snow. Prue had proved earlier that she's fairly nifty on her feet.

The show-stopper challenge was mind blowing - never heard of, or saw such a thing in my life!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Everybody!

BTW, there's another BaKeoff Show on New Years Day. Not to be missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ah Bake Off and coffee and bikkies, perfect for St Stephen's Day!
    Now I have to make mince pies though :D At least I have the pastry in the fridge since Christmas Eve, so it's just an assembly job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Is the Stephens Day one a repeat or a different show?

Is the Stephens Day one a repeat or a different show?

Far as I know, the next Special is on Mon, New Year's Day - Channel Four - 19:40 to 21:00 - a new set of contestants returning from previous shows.

If there is a show today, it's possibly a repeat of Christmas Day.

Delighted with the winner last night. Was hoping before it even started that it would be that person as they were one of my favourites in their original series.
    Would love to see Benjamina win the new years one.

Delighted with the winner last night. Was hoping before it even started that it would be that person as they were one of my favourites in their original series.
    Would love to see Benjamina win the new years one.

All set for Great British Bakeoff New Year Special, Tonight at 7.40, Channel Four.

Happy New Year, Everybody!

#TeamBenjamina

• Advertisement

#TeamBenjamina

Keeping an open mind - no faves - yet!

Advertisement