Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Process of elimination, Sandy = #4. She's really getting on my nerves acting the clown. Obviously that is why she has been brought back - but do we really need her?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Process of elimination, Sandy = #4. She's really getting on my nerves acting the clown. Obviously that is why she has been brought back - but do we really need her?
    Well she fairly smashed this round!

Oh my word, this could be carnage :eek:

What's the different between beating and whisking?? :confused:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well she fairly smashed this round!

Am watching a little bit behind. Really enjoying this round, I must say. I'm wondering do they get prior notice of what's going to be expected, so they can prepare by practising in advance.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh my word, this could be carnage :eek:

What's the different between beating and whisking?? :confused:

I presume beating is with a fork, by hand, and doesn't break up the white so much, whereas whisking is with a whisk and does break the egg up much more.

• Advertisement

This show stopper challenge really is a very interesting and challenging challenge. Possibly Benjamina will shine at this.

Jeeeeeeepers Rav :eek:

Rob is unnervingly like a work colleague of mine - it's MOST offputting!!!

What a bizarre idea for a cake construction by Sandy ..... :confused:

Sounds like Benjamina has that one.

Don't tell me Sandy is going to win!!!! She certainly has gone all out.

• Advertisement

Feeeling a bit short-chnged by the ending of this compared to the Christmas version. For the Christmas version, they had "family and friends" waiting outside for the announcement of the winner. It happened to be snowing and it was a lovely scene. Weather must not have permitted a similar ending for this one. Maybe it was stormy or smething. Overall, a flat ending for me. Was really enjoying the show up to that.

Feeeling a bit short-chnged by the ending of this compared to the Christmas version. For the Christmas version, they had "family and friends" waiting outside for the announcement of the winner. It happened to be snowing and it was a lovely scene. Weather must not have permitted a similar ending for this one. Maybe it was stormy or smething. Overall, a flat ending for me. Was really enjoying the show up to that.
    I thought it ended a bit abruptly alright - but I didn't for a minute think that the snow on the Christmas one was for real! I'd assumed it was being blown out of a nearby machine :D

Delighted for Rav, he was SO pleased and surprised!

Rav was my fave but came as a surprise that he won. Glad for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just caught up now. Delighted for Rav especially coming first in the technical. I thought Benjamina might have got it but Ravwas the most consistent in the three rounds.
    It happened to be snowing and it was a lovely scene.

That wasn't real snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Stay Another Day parody was fantastic, cracked me up!
    For anyone else who didn't cop it at the time, that was Tony from East 17 playing piano and singing at the end of the episode.
    The Daily Mail is running a story on the fact that he has aged since the song first came out (in 1994!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

dee_mc wrote: »
    The Stay Another Day parody was fantastic, cracked me up!
    For anyone else who didn't cop it at the time, that was Tony from East 17 playing piano and singing at the end of the episode.
    The Daily Mail is running a story on the fact that he has aged since the song first came out (in 1994!).

I was wondering about the significance of 'Tony', thanks! Imagine that, he's aged in 24 years! Must read all about it on the Daily Mail ...
    I loved the opening 'Stay Another Day' sequence, they seem to be having lots of fun in their new Channel 4 home.
    Was nice to see Benjamina and Rav again and I was happy that Rav won. He seemed so surprised.
    I expected more from Benjamina but I suppose it's how it goes for you on the day. I agreed with the judges that the coffee ice cream was one flavour too many in the Alaska bombes.
    I thought Sandy was going to be really annoying from the trailer but in fact I quite warmed to her. Well done to her on the signature bake but not sure what she was thinking with her showstopper.
    There was a call for applicants for next season at the end, anyone considering it?! :D

Whether real snow or not, I felt the ending to the New Year Bakeoff was a total let-down compared to the Christms one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

all 7 seasons of the bbc years are coming to netflix 31st march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Watching the 2015 series on Good Food channel at the moment and remembering how irritating I always found Sue Perkins. Noel Fielding was the best thing ever to happen to Bake Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Watching the 2015 series on Good Food channel at the moment and remembering how irritating I always found Sue Perkins. Noel Fielding was the best thing ever to happen to Bake Off.

Yeah he really is fantastic - and he works well with Sandi, he's been very good on the CBBO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Is there any programme that Aislinn Bea does not turn up on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,714 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is there any programme that Aislinn Bea does not turn up on ?

I really like her I have to say she was great on the Adam Buxton podcast as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

gmisk wrote: »
    I really like her I have to say she was great on the Adam Buxton podcast as well

I don't mind her but she is everywhere ! Am enjoying tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

gmisk wrote: »

Only just listened to that podcast over the weekend
    Really like her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cant stand Aisling Bea - not in the least bit funny in my opinion. Sat down to watch this with the Ms McLove and left the room. She's as bad as muireann on today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I've seen Aisling Bea live and her standup is very good.

Have to say, I thought the four SUTC shows were very well done. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I do love Noel and Sandi but I don't know why the need to have comedians presenting. If you watch the Australian, Canadian, American ones they have 2 comedians presenting as well and they really aren't funny!

Advertisement