Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Annani

I love the architecture!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Me ,me ,me

Flo may be a legend

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Me ,me ,me

Yay! I'm not alone lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Biscuits are my favourite.

Though I'm not a fan of boozy bakes.

• Advertisement

I don't think I like Stacey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Really enjoying the show so far this year - what makes it for me is the bakers themselves and their personalities, so wasn't too fussed about the change of presenters & loss of Mary.

Ads don't bother me, just a chance to grab a muffin to watch with. :D

Some of those biscuits look delicious so far, and I'm not usually a biscuit person!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Don't like the technical this week either.

Anyone else disappointed with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ShazGV wrote: »
    Really enjoying the show so far this year - what makes it for me is the bakers themselves and their personalities, so wasn't too fussed about the change of presenters & loss of Mary.

Ads don't bother me, just a chance to grab a muffin to watch with. :D

Some of those biscuits look delicious so far, and I'm not usually a biscuit person!

Same here. Enjoying it so far. Thought the biscuits looked fab. Not a biscuit person either. :D

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Don't like the technical this week either.

Anyone else disappointed with them?

Fortune cookies were stupid. It's not like something you'd be baking at home. Or in a bakery, cafe or the vast majority of restaurants.

Mostly it was stupid because it's not something that looks delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

The showstoppers really are something else this year. Very impressive.

Would not eat any of those fortune cookies. Are you meant to eat them

Loving the board games challenge!

I would do Jumanji

What was up with pru after she ate the chessboard?

Stephens looked amazing but I wasn't overly impressed with any of the other ones.

Yeah what was that about. She looked sad and then walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Does anyone think its too hard for the contestants this year? A lot seem to be struggling with only Sophie and Steven being able to impress?

I never used to like Noel, I just didn't get The Might Boosh or anything I'd seen him in, but I'm really liking him in GBBO.

Yeah what was that about. She looked sad and then walked away.
    Yea she looked like she was going to cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Can I just say how much I love Noel's jumper! Anyone able to tweet him as to where he got it?

• Advertisement

Can I just say how much I love Noel's jumper! Anyone able to tweet him as to where he got it?

I've been coveting it all night!

Does anyone else think that if you look at noel from behind, hes an attractive female. Hes got a bum id work hard to get.

Hopefully not just me

Does anyone else think that if you look at noel from behind, hes an attractive female. Hes got a bum id work hard to get.

Hopefully not just me

He's fit alright

And those blue eyes....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Great episode, some real laugh out loud moments from Noel's quips, like when he was reading the fortunes and when Sophie asked him how were his piping skills and he answered 'Powerful, I'm known as the Powerful Piper' :D

The fortune cookie technical was fiendish and a bit pointless, who makes those anyway.

I think Pru was just moved by how exquisite the chess boardwalk, the amount of work that went in to it, and maybe sad that they just broke it up to eat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Was not mad abut this week's theme - biscuits. The idea of making board games from biscuits and then eating them, does nothing for me.

Only bright spot for me was the fact that Noel has been to the hairdressers'.
    Big improvement on how he looked last week! ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Felt like military lady was stronger across the episode than Steven?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Hopefully not just me

tumblr_l549vu4XYF1qbbclio1_1280.jpg

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Great episode, some real laugh out loud moments from Noel's quips, like when he was reading the fortunes and when Sophie asked him how were his piping skills and he answered 'Powerful, I'm known as the Powerful Piper' :D

The fortune cookie technical was fiendish and a bit pointless, who makes those anyway.

I think Pru was just moved by how exquisite the chess boardwalk, the amount of work that went in to it, and maybe sad that they just broke it up to eat it.

Or maybe Pru realised that they were duped and he's a professional?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Or maybe Pru realised that they were duped and he's a professional?

:eek:

Is this you just shooting the breeze, or is that actually a suggestion/suspicion???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :eek:

Is this you just shooting the breeze, or is that actually a suggestion/suspicion???
    It was mentioned in a few newspapers over last weekend...he does certainly provide cakes for weddings and birthdays but he says he doesn't charge and does them as favours for friends.
    He doesn't officially have a business set up so still a very skilled amateur, some impressive creative stuff on his Instagram..

Advertisement