Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

I really enjoy show. But thought the showstopper was poor. A little to hard for 2nd week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I really enjoy show. But thought the showstopper was poor. A little to hard for 2nd week.

I really wish they gave the contestants more time. Seeing people fuck up due to time restraints is not a bit entertaining to me. I'd love to see more pieces finished to a high standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I thought the best ever biscuit challenge was Teacakes good few series ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

I hate biscuit week, it's always boring. The fortune cookies were a crap challenge, I didn't enjoy watching it at all.

Can't wait for bread week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

I feel ill-at-ease with the two presenters. They're just not jelling for me. They seem an odd couple. The lady - don't even remember her name - was on Extra Slice last night. She seems a good character, taken on her own. Taken as a pair of presenters, there seems to be something lacking between them. Somehow, they don't "go together". Just my opiniion. Maybe things will improve as they go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I feel ill-at-ease with the two presenters. They're just not jelling for me. They seem an odd couple. The lady - don't even remember her name - was on Extra Slice last night. She seems a good character, taken on her own. Taken as a pair of presenters, there seems to be something lacking between them. Somehow, they don't "go together". Just my opiniion. Maybe things will improve as they go on.

I agree. I like Noel though, I feel he fits in well with the show.
    However I'd not miss her at all if she was to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I find Liam adorable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Liam makes me laugh.
    I love how noel gets.on with the contestants
    Have to admitt that even though im english I didnt know what a teacake was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm with the Scottish guy - the only tea cakes I know are of the Tunnocks variety. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Poxy virgin box didn't record. :mad: Missed the first 15 minutes. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Lots of fingering going on :)

Am I the only one who doesn't like Stacey?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Still hate the ads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Is she the blonde mammy? Not a fan either, she's being a bit irritating this week.

Have to say I like pretty much everyone else though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

ShazGV wrote: »
    Is she the blonde mammy? Not a fan either, she's being a bit irritating this week.

Have to say I like pretty much everyone else though!

Ah glad I'm not the only one. She just rubs me up the wrong way. Can't even really say why!

I like pretty much everyone else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

BetsyEllen wrote: »
    I agree. I like Noel though, I feel he fits in well with the show.
    However I'd not miss her at all if she was to go!

Yes Noel is definitely growing on me too but not mad on the woman...he is getting better each week I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I''m playing catchup as usual....

Are these not just scones? :confused:

Lots of fingering going on :)

I just spat my tea out when I read that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Glad I had dinner!

Excited to see liams icecream bread

• Advertisement

How are they eating all those teacakes without a giant slab of butter:confused::confused:

That handbag looked amazing. I liked the look of the ice creams too and loved the name.

That handbag was fantastic. How does stephen pull off these show stoppers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Oh Jesus I can't cope with that exit

Awwwwww :mad:

Well I'm glad that Stephen got toppled off his Star Baker podium, which I suspect he was beginning to get a little too used to.

Anyone else feel like calling shenanigans on him???

I find myself spending each weekly episode willing Liam to do well! Think he might just be a bit young for it all... I'd love to see him back in five or ten years time and see what he could do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

She's a bit cocky and entitled. When she put her arms in the air while they were praising her showstopper. Then back down to earth a second later.
    Still hate the ads

There's one ad break too many. I wouldn't mind three but four is too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I find myself looking forward to what Stephen produces in the showstopper each week. He's such an artist and so creative. Liam is so funny and endearing you're just wishing him to do well. I was sorry to see Florence go, she's a lovely woman.

For me this is the best series I've seen but I've missed a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Was away during the week so just catching up now. I don't like Stacey either and I REALLY don't like Yan. There's just something smug about her.
    I like all the rest though.
    I read somewhere that apparently in every series so far whoever has been star baker in bread week has gone on to the final. Anyone know if that's true?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

So ye watch An extra slice. Love that show. Just watching with a glass of wine. (On Thursday channel 4 )

• Advertisement

So ye watch An extra slice. Love that show. Just watching with a glass of wine. (On Thursday channel 4 )

I really enjoyed it this week. That red wine bread was so funny!

Advertisement