Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake Off 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Did anyone see Nadiya talking with John Bishop? She has come through a lot. Parents were immigrants from Bangladesh. Arranged marriage for Nadiya. Lived as a submissive wife, raising her children, as was expected in the Bangladeshi culture. Had never travelled on a train by herself. It was her husband who urged her to enter GBBO, so she could "reach for the stars" and realise who she really is. Everything took off from there. Kudos to the husband!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Nadiya had that going on a bit too.

I'd never thought about that but you're right, she did a bit. She was so absolutely likeable though that it never irritated me when she brought up her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I just love the gentle eccentricity Noel is bringing to the show. :D

Mmm I love a bakewell too.

Edited to add: I hope Liam's outdoes Stacey's though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yummmmm . All look great

• Advertisement

The way Stephen said "I have absolutely no idea", made me think he probably has every idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

I like the staggered times, makes it more interesting. They can't copy because all at different stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

these chocolate puddings look delish. Peanut butter and chocolate what more could you want. Looking quite easy too

Birdsong wrote: »
    these chocolate puddings look delish. Peanut butter and chocolate what more could you want. Looking quite easy too

They look unreal. Even the raw ones just look like a delicious gooey mess of yumminess!

Kate could be in trouble..

I love trifle , these look exciting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Some of those trifles look amazing. Would love a slice:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Poor Liam he's devo.

Stephen once again went for appearance over taste
    But wow it looked great ! They all did and made me want a trifle . Is it Christmas soon ! ?

Ooh this is a tense one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Thank god hes gone. Always thought he was very arrogant and not a single one of his bakes stands out.
    I find it funny how its really the english and irish that eat trifle, Julia and my friends from europe have never heard of it
    Longing for some trifle now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Yay Sophie :D Delighted to see her get star baker. I'd still love to see her win it.
    I'm sorry to see James go. I liked him but he was definitely falling behind the rest of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Thank god hes gone. Always thought he was very arrogant and not a single one of his bakes stands out.
    I find it funny how its really the english and irish that eat trifle, Julia and my friends from europe have never heard of it
    Longing for some trifle now

James and the word 'arrogant' don't belong in the same postcode. He was out of his depth though.

Even though these trifles involved jelly, often English trifle will not feature jelly at all.

Delighted for Sophie. I thought she was robbed in week 2. Stacey was close though, both she and Sophie had two excellent rounds.

Pastel de natas next week - YUM.

Can't believe so many had never made a chocolate fondant before!

Oh and what was with Paul tonight? He was throwing around handshakes like they were going out of fashion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Oh and what was with Paul tonight? He was throwing around handshakes like they were going out of fashion!

I guess sometimes there's an anomalous rounds where a number of bakes are just that good! :) Like Stacey said, he probably didn't want to give out another one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

He did say at the start of that round that steamed puddings were one of his favourite things and I guess he really enjoyed those three.

Disappointed for James but you could see it'd be himself or Liam going this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

miamee wrote: »
    He did say at the start of that round that steamed puddings were one of his favourite things and I guess he really enjoyed those three.

Disappointed for James but you could see it'd be himself or Liam going this week.

Or Kate. She had the Star Baker "curse" (is that a thing?) and would have been bottom if not for redeeming herself with the showstopper

I like Kate, but she's sailing very close to the wind. I think she could go next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Stacey is growing on me. I thought she was a bit dull at first but she really seems to be improving.

I think Stephen might win it. Sophie was pushing him close recently but seems to have fallen back and nobody seems to be consistently good now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Or Kate. She had the Star Baker "curse" (is that a thing?) and would have been bottom if not for redeeming herself with the showstopper
    I like Kate, but she's sailing very close to the wind. I think she could go next week.

True, if I remember correctly she had a similar week last week - saved by her toffee apple show stopper. I really like her but I'm not sure her heart is in the technical or signature bakes. She likes a bit more freedon in her baking I think.
    Stacey is growing on me. I thought she was a bit dull at first but she really seems to be improving.

I think Stephen might win it. Sophie was pushing him close recently but seems to have fallen back and nobody seems to be consistently good now.

I really can't warm to Stacey at all and I thought her showstopper looked awful. I knwo they said itasted amazing but that luminous pink and the greeny yellow jelly did not complement each other on screen.

I can't warm to Stacey either. Still don't like Yan and I'm a bit meh about Steven. He doesn't seem to take criticism well.
    In an ideal final I'd LIKE to see Sophie, Julia and Liam but I don't think that will happen.

I really like Julia and Kate, I felt sorry for Julia becasue she had no experience of steamed puddings OR trifles (they are both quite English, aren't they) for last nights episode so I think she did well to stay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I love Liams facial expressions! He cracks me up! Especially when someone else pips him to the post on one of the challenges or gets a Hollywood handshake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Caught up on An Extra Slice, James comes across very well, seems like a lovely chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im re watching it at my parents
    And im eating trifle :)

Advertisement