Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous eu teaching service not eligible

Options
  • 03-08-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hey everyone. Just back from 3 years teaching in uk. Sent off a form based on circular 27/2016 to Athlone with all the schools I was in, signing and stamping a form for my teaching service given. Got a letter back saying im not eligible for a pay scale jump as it was after 2012! Wtf?
    Any one been through this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Are you applying for increments? As I've just had a look at the circular, and assuming you qualified after 2012 and if you went to the UK in 2014 with 3 years service you would be placed on the 2012 scale with three increments complete so if you have a job for september you would start on point 4 of the scale.

That is my reading of it. I'm presuming that whoever processed your application, processed it as an application to go onto the pre 2012 scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭dalalada

Hey, I will apply for credits now, but what I did apply for was different it was circular 0027/2016 which was recognition of teaching service in another eu state. I now have to do the credits, I was mis informed by the department when I rang them and was directed to the the 2016 circular, so have to chase the schools back up now to fill up the incremental credits form. Dose. Yes I qualified after 2012. When I manage to get the forms back to the des will they back pay me? If they agree to put me on point 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If you've only just arrived back in Ireland and haven't been teaching here, then they have nothing to back pay. If you are starting a contract in September and get all the paperwork in proving you worked in the UK for the past 3 years then you will start on point 4 in September. You don't get back pay for the previous years.

If there is a delay in processing your paperwork, then you will more than likely be put on point 1 starting in September, but once the paperwork is processed you will be moved to point 4 and then would receive back pay for the difference between point 4 and point 1 for the weeks you were on point 1.

Advertisement