Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl panniers - have these been back on sale this year?

Options
  • 03-08-2017 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭

My Lidl panniers are on their last legs and have served me well for 3-4 years... have these come up on sale? Most Lidl merchandise tends to come back around every 9 months.

Anywhere else I can pick up a pannier for around €20 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I haven't been looking tbh, but planetx.co.uk have some on sale for less than 20. Not sure what they would cost to ship, but an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I haven't been looking tbh, but planetx.co.uk have some on sale for less than 20. Not sure what they would cost to ship, but an option.

I'll check em out.. delivery seems to be only £3.95 so could use Parcel Wizard for the rest of the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

If you are southside Dublin based, I've a set of lidl panniers bought years ago and never used if you want them.
    They are the style with the 2 bags joined across the top, connect with velcro to pannier, and in go fast red.

Was going to toss them as I'm doing a gear clear out, so free for you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I got a pair two months ago. They came apart at the seams after one ride. Returned and refunded.

OTOH, I have a Trek 'interchange' pannier that I got around 7 years ago. It's still in everyday use.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I got a pair two months ago. They came apart at the seams after one ride. Returned and refunded.

OTOH, I have a Trek 'interchange' pannier that I got around 7 years ago. It's still in everyday use.

Odd, my Lidl ones have carried heavy shopping loads for 4 years!

Only now starting to break a bit... mine are black with plastic bits to hold onto the carrier rack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jotiz

cdaly_ wrote: »

Hi cdaly_, can I have them please if the person you offered them to first doesn't want them? I'm in south dublin and can come collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Jotiz wrote: »
    Hi cdaly_, can I have them please if the person you offered them to first doesn't want them? I'm in south dublin and can come collect them.

He said that he's returned them to the store.

I think he meant to ask Grassey. I can't make it, despite the generous offer, so maybe Grassey can pass em onto a southern-type ;)

Grassey wrote: »
    If you are southside Dublin based, I've a set of lidl panniers bought years ago and never used if you want them.
    They are the style with the 2 bags joined across the top, connect with velcro to pannier, and in go fast red.

Was going to toss them as I'm doing a gear clear out, so free for you if you want.

Grassey,can I have them please if the person you offered them to first doesn't want them? I'm in south dublin and can come collect them.

Thanks mrcheez for pointing out my error, I was asking the wrong person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Speaking of longevity and panniers, I'm still using the Sporthouse panniers that a friend fished out of a skip over ten years ago. She spotted them a few days after I asked her whether she had any old panniers I could have. The plastic backboards were a bit cracked, so I made some thin wooden backboards to replace them, and they've been perfect ever since.

I'm guessing they've been in constant active service for over fifteen years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ximo

Hey, I also have a set of Lidl panniers. If i well remember they had some storage at both laterals and a small detachable top bag.
    I bought around May 2014 and never used, just in case anyone wants them and doesn't hesitate to wait a bit cos I'm away right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Jotiz wrote: »
    Grassey,can I have them please if the person you offered them to first doesn't want them? I'm in south dublin and can come collect them.

Thanks mrcheez for pointing out my error, I was asking the wrong person.

No bother, will drop you a PM later when I get home

Grassey wrote: »
    No bother, will drop you a PM later when I get home

Thank you, I'll wait to hear from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

THey had them around May/June and I stocked up. They are OK, but not brilliant. I keep meaning to fit cardboard inside them to help them to keep in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

THey had them around May/June and I stocked up. They are OK, but not brilliant. I keep meaning to fit cardboard inside them to help them to keep in shape.

I used reconstituted fibreboard inside mine. Can't remember which type, but a few mm thick. Just sawed it into the right shape and drilled holes in it for the j-hooks.

Ah nuts OK thanks, I have a few options now though

Advertisement