Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neymar Deal: The Clusterfúck

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

astradave wrote: »
    Seen this, it's all over Twitter and a few other places, surely if this is Legit then Neymar didn't lodge the money himself and PSG will surely fall foul of FFP?

https://twitter.com/sportingindex/status/893818947841269760

In relation to FFP its done over the contract
    Realistically a few teams could afford to make a signing that big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Neymar on the left side of a front 3 of himself, Cavani and Di Maria has the potential to be absolutely lethal. And thats ignoring the possibility of Mbappe joining.

Depending on how Barcelona spend the Neymar money, on paper at least it could be fair to say that maybe only Real will have a stronger starting 11. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the season they finally succeed in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I assume this Neymar kid is making debut Sunday, yeah? BT sport seem to be showing it. One thing is for sure, that match will get a bit of an audience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Neymar on the left side of a front 3 of himself, Cavani and Di Maria has the potential to be absolutely lethal. And thats ignoring the possibility of Mbappe joining.

Depending on how Barcelona spend the Neymar money, on paper at least it could be fair to say that maybe only Real will have a stronger starting 11. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the season they finally succeed in Europe.

Bayern Munich the deserved winner of last year's CL says hello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cavani needs to work on his finishing big time.
    For a man who gets into alot of great positions his finishing is very poor.

• Advertisement

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Bayern Munich the deserved winner of last year's CL says hello

That makes no sense, like zero

Cavani needs to work on his finishing big time.
    For a man who gets into alot of great positions his finishing is very poor.

Yeah thats true. Also why I said on paper only Madrid look stronger. As well as Cavani, Di Maria at times can be very hot and cold. But if everyone can perform consistently and at the level their capable of, then it is possible to see PSG becoming a dominant force in Europe for the foreseeable future.

irishman86 wrote: »
    That makes no sense, like zero

Madrid paid off the ref. Short term memory problems I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tin foil hat back in time for La Liga.

Anywho PSG romp to a 3-0 while Barca despite the usual tricks loose 1-3, Neymar could very well be justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote:
    Anywho PSG romp to a 3-0 while Barca despite the usual tricks loose 1-3, Neymar could very well be justified.

MASSIVE difference in quality between the best team in europe Real & a team as bad as Guingamp.
    The latter were just the drizzling sh!ts, to the point I turned it off after 25 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

pjohnson wrote: »

I suspect he is regretting not signing for Celtic after seeing their unbeaten start to the season.

ERG89 wrote: »
    MASSIVE difference in quality between the best team in europe Real & a team as bad as Guingamp.
    The latter were just the drizzling sh!ts, to the point I turned it off after 25 minutes.

True but Barca looked quite comfortably inferior to Madrid. Atletico and Sevilla wont fear that Barca side unless they really splash the cash to get some injection of quality. Pique is in major decline, Neymar himself is clearly a massive loss. Barca aren't going to be as dominant as they once were in La Liga, PSG could be about to become a dominant force with Neymar the spear head.
    rgace wrote: »
    I suspect he is regretting not signing for Celtic after seeing their unbeaten start to the season.

Sure why didn't ya mention Cork City to replace Seanie Maguire. Celtic aren't gunna be challenging for CL titles now are they.

I think you are talking about Barcelona against PSG buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

pjohnson wrote: »
    True but Barca looked quite comfortably inferior to Madrid. Atletico and Sevilla wont fear that Barca side unless they really splash the cash to get some injection of quality. Pique is in major decline, Neymar himself is clearly a massive loss. Barca aren't going to be as dominant as they once were in La Liga, PSG could be about to become a dominant force with Neymar the spear head.

The Barca of last night really doesnt want to go to:

Real, Atletico, Sevilla, Celta, Athletic, Villereal, Real Sociedad cause that can easily be 7 defeats.
    More and more clubs who have been pummelled by Barca over the last decade or so smell blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You take things way too seriously calling a player a traitor or he betrayed the club, FFS get a grip, there professionals they can go wherever they want once all parties agree to it. You really think Messi or Suarez feel betrayed by Neymar moving to PSG? Like **** they do, grow up and get over having to take down your Neymar poster.

irishman86 wrote: »
    I think you are talking about Barcelona against PSG buddy

I'm talking about this buddy. Bayern were on course to win that tie and probably the rest of the CL. The rest of the tha(i)nkers can keep their heads in the sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm talking about this buddy. Bayern were on course to win that tie and probably the rest of the CL. The rest of the tha(i)nkers can keep their heads in the sand

He hit the man first before hitting the ball away, it's even zoomed in in super slow motion in the video you linked

astradave wrote: »
    He hit the man first before hitting the ball away, it's even zoomed in in super slow motion in the video you linked

:pac:

Has there been any mention of whether Neymar has a buyout clause with PSG? And if so is the figure known?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Has there been any mention of whether Neymar has a buyout clause with PSG? And if so is the figure known?

Buyout clauses are illegal in France so any buyout clause will be just a gentleman's agreement and not legally binding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Barcelona now suing Neymar.
    Barcelona are suing former player Neymar for 8.5m euros (£7.8m) over his world record move to Paris St-Germain.

The Brazil international made the 222m euro (£200m) move to the French club in August after buying out his contract.

Barcelona now want him to return a renewal bonus he was paid when he signed a new five-year deal just nine months before forcing through the move.

"The club demands the player return the already paid sum as he has not completed his contract," it said.

Probably shouldn't have given him his bonus up front if it was dependent on him staying five years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

The butthurt and maybe stupidity is severe in this case, lol. Surely the loyalty bonus is for the first contract??? Why do you go about given near £9m in loyalty bonus without it been served..

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Barcelona are sounding more like babies throwing their toys out of the pram every day...

Neymar has gone...Get over it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

This whole debacle makes Barcelona look worse and worse by the day.

Considering their piousness in the past it is terribly amusing altogether.

This whole debacle makes Barcelona look worse and worse by the day.

Considering their piousness in the past it is terribly amusing altogether.
    best-uk-experiences-of-supporting-startups-what-are-the-most-crucial-things-to-build-a-successful-startup-accelerator-10-638.jpg

Karma is a bitch for Barça

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I know it says the case was submitted on the 11th of August but the cynic in me says this is coming out to take away from people talking about the lack of progress on Coutinho and Dembele.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sure he will pay it back over five years with crazy add-ons if Barca do a dance of sadness and stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Moments after this suit is announced...Neymar, Messi and Suarez put up photos of the three of them plus Dani Alves, Rakitic and Pique all on Instagram.

The players, including El Presidenté, don't give a toss.

Now... i am not running one of the bigger clubs in the world but that 26 million loyalty bonus has me puzzled for a few weeks already.

If i got it all right: So you extend and improve some guy's contract during the 2016/17 season with the above bonus clause being triggered if he still is a Barca player on july 31st 2017?

Somehow, just a thought, i think it would have been handier to have.... say... the day after the transfer window closes as the trigger date?

inforfun wrote: »
    Now... i am not running one of the bigger clubs in the world but that 26 million loyalty bonus has me puzzled for a few weeks already.

If i got it all right: So you extend and improve some guy's contract during the 2016/17 season with the above bonus clause being triggered if he still is a Barca player on july 31st 2017?

Somehow, just a thought, i think it would have been handier to have.... say... the day after the transfer window closes as the trigger date?

I agree entirely, but I don't think that bonus was paid and isn't the one being sued for.

Barca look pathetic here. The whole Mes que un club thing has been a facade for years. This the the team that turned the sprinklers on to stop Inter celebrating after knocking them out of the Champions League, got outraged their star player was caught cheating on his taxes, got a transfer ban for their dealings with underage players, etc. This indigence from them is a joke.

I know it hasnt been paid indeed.
    But that it was ever agreed is a rebus to me.

I know it hasnt been paid indeed.
    But that it was ever agreed is a rebus to me.

Barça's breathtaking arrogance. They never thought it possible any player would choose to leave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

SlickRic wrote: »
    Moments after this suit is announced...Neymar, Messi and Suarez put up photos of the three of them plus Dani Alves, Rakitic and Pique all on Instagram.

The players, including El Presidenté, don't give a toss.

Couldn't be more wrong on that. Those Players love the club, have stuck with it, and are clearly against the most poisonous board the club has ever seen. As are the vast majority of fans and seemingly coaching staff too despite only being here a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I agree entirely, but I don't think that bonus was paid and isn't the one being sued for.

Barca look pathetic here. The whole Mes que un club thing has been a facade for years. This the the team that turned the sprinklers on to stop Inter celebrating after knocking them out of the Champions League, got outraged their star player was caught cheating on his taxes, got a transfer ban for their dealings with underage players, etc. This indigence from them is a joke.

You could literally say almost all those things about Real Madrid...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Real Madrid do not hide or apologise for what they are. A man can respect that.

Ok that's fine, say it about them, I really have no problem with that.

I don't think Real hold themselves to some higher standard though, they don't have the breathtaking arrogance that Barca do, which makes them far less hypocritical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What's going on here now is kicking a wounded animal when it's down. I understand that there are a huge amount of haters out there for Barcelona.

It happens to every club that has a sustained period of success. People will look for any little thing to dislike them. Busquets was the first one to come to the attention of the haters and he was diving a bit and acting the maggot but I'd normally laugh at what he was at but others made it sound like it was a heinous crime.

Barcelona as a business tried to paint this picture of an honest club doing things the right way but in this day and age you'd better not even have a stain on your bed linen or it will come back to haunt you. That whole policy of making themselves into this whiter than white club was all about making their brand a bigger and better name and they succeeded and fair play to them for making it work.

Maybe I give people too much credit for intelligence but for me that's pretty ordinary stuff and everybody should see that it's what was going on. I don't for the life of me understand the hate thing. I don't understand how anybody could believe that a sizeable amount of the club's players care more about the club than their paycheck either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yeah but Madrid and their fans don't have these self indulgent slogans and have always been mercenary, ruthless whilst ambitious.

Barca fans would be looking down on Madrid as a club, ethically and culturally speaking even up until 2 years ago. Over the last decade they have evolved into similar ideals but fans still hang on to these "more than a club" mantras (as if to distinguish themselves from other clubs)

Barcelona are a club steeped in magnificent history, players, culture etc due to the Catalan connection but it's a self indulgent project at times.The sense of ethical superiority is waning and fans are slowly accepting this.

• Advertisement

Yeah but Madrid and their fans don't have these self indulgent slogans and have always been mercenary, ruthless whilst ambitious.

Barca fans would be looking down on Madrid as a club, ethically and culturally speaking even up until 2 years ago. Over the last decade they have evolved into similar ideals but fans still hang on to these "more than a club" mantras (as if to distinguish themselves from other clubs)

Barcelona are a club steeped in magnificent history, players, culture etc due to the Catalan connection but it's a self indulgent project at times.The sense of ethical superiority is waning and fans are slowly accepting this.

I dont anyone denies this though, Barca of ten years ago is no way similar to Barca today. They are more a galatico today than Madrid and that says a lot

I dont know if more than a club is said really today, like there swarms of Asians/Americans would have no association to it. Maybe Catalans but for other fans who have no cultural association to the area its a slogan similar to youll never walk alone for me

I agree with you that Barca fans look down on Madrid, but in fairness Madrid do the same to them for different reasons

821601f90c30cf2ca3c1155a0f8c5796.png

It just doesnt stop, does it?

That was after that same account announced Di Maria had signed.

It just doesnt stop, does it?

That was after that same account announced Di Maria had signed.
    What are you suggesting here? That they are lying about their account being hacked?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I don't understand how anybody could believe that a sizeable amount of the club's players care more about the club than their paycheck either.

and that's why Barcelona get stick, because it seems that many of their fans really do believe they're more than a club. it's a weird fantasy that just gets up people's noses.

You're right, it probably is partly to do with their success, but the idea that they're holier than thou and different to any other football club is ridiculous.

SlickRic wrote: »
    and that's why Barcelona get stick, because it seems that many of their fans really do believe they're more than a club. it's a weird fantasy that just gets up people's noses.

You're right, it probably is partly to do with their success, but the idea that they're holier than thou and different to any other football club is ridiculous.
    As I said in my post the more than a club thing has been sold over the last decade as part of the brand by the club. It was a good business move because almost everybody knows about it. Barcelona are a much bigger club now than they were even ten years ago.

As I said in my post the more than a club thing has been sold over the last decade as part of the brand by the club. It was a good business move because almost everybody knows about it. Barcelona are a much bigger club now than they were even ten years ago.

you and I know that. Many of those connected to them, and many of their fans, buy into it hook, line and sinker.

What are you suggesting here? That they are lying about their account being hacked?

I really dont know anymore at this point

But isnt that the modus operandi when you **** up on social media: We were hacked!

They have done announcements, announced announcements and have signed Absolutely Nobody (look him up) so if this was another one that was announced and goes tits up, you have come up with some excuse.

The saga that keeps on giving...

Neymar is to sue former club Barcelona over a £23.97m unpaid loyalty bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

L'Equipe reporting that he and Cavani had to be separated in the dressing room by Thiago Silva after the penalty incident.

Neymar has also unfollowed him on social media. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He'll get away with that kind of behaviour at PSG, wouldnt have gone down well at Barca.

Although penalties for Barca were shared around the last few years, all 3 of the MSN took, scored and missed penalties during matches.

• Advertisement
Advertisement