Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neymar Deal: The Clusterfúck

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Paully D wrote: »
    L'Equipe reporting that he and Cavani had to be separated in the dressing room by Thiago Silva after the penalty incident.

Neymar has also unfollowed him on social media. :pac:

Child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He'll get away with that kind of behaviour at PSG, wouldnt have gone down well at Barca.

Although penalties for Barca were shared around the last few years, all 3 of the MSN took, scored and missed penalties during matches.

Cavani has a €1m bonus in his contract for finishing top scorer, per L'Equipe. Might be the root cause of the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Cavani has a €1m bonus in his contract for finishing top scorer, per L'Equipe. Might be the root cause of the problem.

Also Neymar isnt a great at penalties so i dont know why he would think he deserves them
    Cavani is the main scorer there by miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

irishman86 wrote: »
    Also Neymar isnt a great at penalties so i dont know why he would think he deserves them
    Cavani is the main scorer there by miles

Taken 40, scored 32, missed 8. Not atrocious by any means, but an almost 1 in 4 miss rate isn't great. Though to be fair to him, his record last season was better, missed 1 in 6.

Cavani has only missed 2 in 22 since moving to France (cant find stats from his time at napoli), so would look like he should be the nailed on taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If that's over money it's disgusting

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Taken 40, scored 32, missed 8. Not atrocious by any means, but an almost 1 in 4 miss rate isn't great. Though to be fair to him, his record last season was better, missed 1 in 6.

Cavani has only missed 2 in 22 since moving to France (cant find stats from his time at napoli), so would look like he should be the nailed on taker.

Thanks for getting the stats to add flavour to my statement :D
    Did he take them at Napoli, would have presumed Hamsik was on them (probably presumed incorrectly) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stories coming out of Brazil and France the last few days that Neymar is hating life in Paris and regrets moving.

I read something online last week that he is being linked with a move to Real Madrid. Passed it off as fake news, which it presumably is! It'd be funny enough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Stories coming out of Brazil and France the last few days that Neymar is hating life in Paris and regrets moving.

I'm also sure he's not thrilled to have his spotlight dimmed by Mbappe outplaying him in large parts, and Cavani very comfortably outscoring him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's the same Brazilian reporter who broke his move to PSG that is reporting he is unhappy now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Seems like a bit of a whiny bollox doesnt he.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Seems like a bit of a whiny bollox doesnt he.

Won't risk the Yellow card by saying what I really think of him but yea doesn't seem like a nice bloke at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Neymar is the personification of all that is wrong with modern day football. Greed greed greed and a whopper egomaniac

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

What's he crying about now???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

All I can say is give me 1% of his salary for a job in Paris and I'd be able to give a very good example of how to be happy in one of the world's greatest cities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My heart bleeds for him.:rolleyes:

But it would be funny to see him end up at the Bernabeu....the new Figo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

NIMAN wrote: »
    My heart bleeds for him.:rolleyes:

But it would be funny to see him end up at the Bernabeu....the new Figo!

Imagine the tantrum Ronaldo would throw!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

A good hidden is what Neymar needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    A good hidden is what Neymar needs
    Yes but where?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Imagine the tantrum Ronaldo would throw!

Why would he throw a tantrum, Bale and Benzema are as good as Neymar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why would he throw a tantrum, Bale and Benzema are as good as Neymar
    But not as good as Pogba right? :rolleyes:

Quazzie wrote: »
    But not as good as Pogba right? :rolleyes:

What age exactly are you, because you come across very childish
    Like you literally have added nothing to do this conversation and you post that regularly in reply to something ive said
    Do you not realise how childish that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,110 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What age exactly are you, because you come across very childish
    Like you literally have added nothing to do this conversation and you post that regularly in reply to something ive said
    Do you not realise how childish that is

You claimed Benzema is as good as Neymar. And you think that insanity added to the conversation. :rolleyes:

Madrid missed out on Mbappe, who is likely to be a major star of the future. They'd be gutted so I'm thinking they need a new big name for the future.

Neymar fits the bill perfectly, depending on whether he has any loyalty or feelings towards Barca. But I severely doubt that.

With Bale likely to leave in the summer, and Benzema becoming stale after many years there, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Neymar at the Bernabeu if he does move from Paris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

He should just go back to santos, pay his own way.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You claimed Benzema is as good as Neymar. And you think that insanity added to the conversation. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: thats all you deserve buddy, definition of not having a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

irishman86 wrote:
    thats all you deserve buddy, definition of not having a clue

So you were only joking with him when you said that Benzema is as good as Neymar, right?

eagle eye wrote: »
    So you were only joking with him when you said that Benzema is as good as Neymar, right?

I honestly feel hes one of the most underrated players in the world, put him in any other team outside of Barcelona and hes the star. So no i clearly wasnt joking
    Look at there goals for example in the last two seasons Benzema shades it not Neymar

Benzema as good as Neymar?

No he's not.

Mad suggestion.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Benzema as good as Neymar?

No he's not.

Mad suggestion.

Yes he is
    Mad to suggest hes not
    See a pointless comment with no facts or anything followed by my comment with nothing to back it up
    This was fun :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Neymar >>>>>>>>> Benzema

By a country mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

11 goals and 9 assists in 12 games this season all the same. :eek:

SM01 wrote: »
    Neymar >>>>>>>>> Benzema

By a country mile.
    Based on what, nothing oh ok
    11 goals and 9 assists in 12 games this season all the same. :eek:

Hes taken to Ligue 1 very well
    A league Benzema dominated at 19, people forget the work he puts in at Madrid and still gets goals

Based on watching the game with my eyes. I know right well the importance of stats and the right kind of stats too in analysing performance and effectiveness but actually watching the individual players/teams informs opinion too, y'know.

Watching Madrid lack cutting edge in the Madrid derby last night, they need to find a new prolific goalscorer to replace the aging Ronnie......Neymar would fit the bill perfectly.

Plus it would rub Barca's noses in it.

Based on watching the game with my eyes. I know right well the importance of stats and the right kind of stats too in analysing performance and effectiveness but actually watching the individual players/teams informs opinion too, y'know.

So you are basing it on your own personal view of football not on anything else
    Everything you say i can also say about Benzema and i feel you are wrong and your comment really did nothing to change that view as it was basically ive watched them play and i think Neymar is better with nothing else buddy

Everything you say i can also say about Benzema and i feel you are wrong and your comment really did nothing to change that view as it was basically ive watched them play and i think Neymar is better with nothing else buddy

What about Ballon D'or and Fifa World Player of the Year finishing positions? Neymar is consistently well ahead of Benzema who sometimes isn't even nominated.

I guess you're still correct though...

Yes. As are you, unless I've missed it earlier in the thread. So deadlock, to a degree... But I don't see many sharing your view either, which in itself is telling.

And 'buddy?' Really, is that necessary?

Yes. As are you, unless I've missed it earlier in the thread. So deadlock, to a degree... But I don't see many sharing your view either, which in itself is telling.

And 'buddy?' Really, is that necessary?

Well many not sharing my view doesnt really mean anything, sheep to the flock and all that, Neymar being the more marketable player will have some basing it purely on that "not that i'm saying this is the case but its a weak argument for your point"
    I agree its just my pov, you missed nothing
    I use buddy regularly its not meant as anything, apologies if you felt it did

• Advertisement

Neymar is a far more marketable prospect, no argument there. Traditional, new and social media can create a buzz elevates a player beyond their 'on the pitch' value, which I'm guessing you believe is the case with Neymar, while Benzema passes under the radar somewhat.

My personal opinion is that Neymar is the real deal and is trailing only the colossi that are Messi and Ronaldo. But, yes, I'm not offering any stats to back that up.

Neymar is a far more marketable prospect, no argument there. Traditional, new and social media can create a buzz elevates a player beyond their 'on the pitch' value, which I'm guessing you believe is the case with Neymar, while Benzema passes under the radar somewhat.

My personal opinion is that Neymar is the real deal and is trailing only the colossi that are Messi and Ronaldo. But, yes, I'm not offering any stats to back that up.

I respect your opinion and disagree with it
    I personally dont have him top five :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I respect your opinion and disagree with it
    I personally dont have him top five :D

Who are your top 5?

astradave wrote: »
    Who are your top 5?

Hazard, Modric & Ramos
    I would have said Suarez a few seasons ago but his form was patchy last season and hasnt took off yet in this one
    The thing Neymar has over them is age and marketability
    Put it this way i dont think Neymar is as good as any of the previous Brazilian Balon D'or winners but has the potential to be well besides Ronaldo

Hazard, Modric & Ramos
    I would have said Suarez a few seasons ago but his form was patchy last season and hasnt took off yet in this one
    The thing Neymar has over them is age and marketability
    Put it this way i dont think Neymar is as good as any of the previous Brazilian Balon D'or winners but has the potential to be well besides Ronaldo

You don't count Suarez as his form is patchy, yet list Hazard, who has been playing way below his own level for a year now?

Hazard on recent form isn't in the Top 10.

NIMAN wrote: »
    You don't count Suarez as his form is patchy, yet list Hazard, who has been playing way below his own level for a year now?

Hazard on recent form isn't in the Top 10.

i dont discount him at all, it was touch and go for me to say him
    Hazard played well last season, you are underselling his form or else weve been watching football from a totally different pov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

RoboKlopp wrote:
    What about Ballon D'or and Fifa World Player of the Year finishing positions? Neymar is consistently well ahead of Benzema who sometimes isn't even nominated.
    Looks like you are being ignored.
    irishman86 wrote:
    i dont discount him at all, it was touch and go for me to say him Hazard played well last season, you are underselling his form or else weve been watching football from a totally different pov
    Yeah you are watching different football to everybody else.
    I think most would agree that your opinion and thoughts on football are awful.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Looks like you are being ignored.

Yeah you are watching different football to everybody else.
    I think most would agree that your opinion and thoughts on football are awful.

Atta boy :rolleyes:
    I consider you part of a select group of posters who havent a clue buddy, so take that as you may

Advertisement