Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

INSULATION Dublin

• 03-08-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Seems to be a shortage on insulation and I don't want to spend stupid money on kingspan. I want to use 100mm foil backed insulation on the walls and ceiling. I planned to bond 12.5mm platerboard to these, giving me the thickness I need at a lower cost than buying pre-bonded stuff.

the build4less place sells 102.5mm ballytherm prebonded which would be fine, but it doesn't have the foil back and it's more expensive than the out of stock xtratherm thin R 100mm with separate 12.5mm boards.

The difference is about €10 per sheet. I need 16 sheets, which is small money...but every saving makes the project cost less in the end. Or it's the difference between a nice oven and a really nice oven :)

I am thinking maybe I need to to just order the ballytherm stuff, pay the extra few quid for less than I want and get on with it. Unless anyone has suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Imo, the Vapour barrier with dry lining is the most important layer. This should be taped & sealed and continuous. Not easy to achieve..

Advertisement