Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband+phone.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ted.crilly

Malmedicine - Did you end up trying Digiweb? I'm looking at them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

ted.crilly wrote: »
    Malmedicine - Did you end up trying Digiweb? I'm looking at them at the moment.

Yeah only got it yesterday. Great customer service so far and broadband working perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

The folks had chorus years ago , so thought they could get Virgin but turns out they can't. Was told the area hasn't been upgraded with fibre optics yet. Could that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its any help to anyone the best or at least one of the best bundles out there at the moment is with Eir. I hate them with a passion but given their price I signed up a couple of weeks ago.

Unlimited fibre broadband and unlimited calls to land lines and mobiles within Ireland and UK for €35 a month for first 6 months and then €40 for the remaining 6 months of a 12 month contract. So on average its €37.50 a month.

There's €50 cashback and when thats factored in the average monthly cost reduces to a little over €33. Big bonus especially for the sports fans is free Eir and BT Sports.

Of course with Eir there's always a couple of little hidden things. The voicemail setup will cost extra (thinks its about €1.50) and the calls and broadband are subject to a fair usage policy. 10,000 minutes for calls to land lines, 2,500 mins to Irish mobiles and 1500 mins to UK mobiles. The broadband usage is capped at 1 TB a month. In fairness I dont think anyone would use half of that unless they were downloading constantly.

The bundle, together with a couple of other bundles, can be viewed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    If its any help to anyone the best or at least one of the best bundles out there at the moment is with Eir. I hate them with a passion but given their price I signed up a couple of weeks ago.

Unlimited fibre broadband and unlimited calls to land lines and mobiles within Ireland and UK for €35 a month for first 6 months and then €40 for the remaining 6 months of a 12 month contract. So on average its €37.50 a month.

There's €50 cashback and when thats factored in the average monthly cost reduces to a little over €33. Big bonus especially for the sports fans is free Eir and BT Sports.

Of course with Eir there's always a couple of little hidden things. The voicemail setup will cost extra (thinks its about €1.50) and the calls and broadband are subject to a fair usage policy. 10,000 minutes for calls to land lines, 2,500 mins to Irish mobiles and 1500 mins to UK mobiles. The broadband usage is capped at 1 TB a month. In fairness I dont think anyone would use half of that unless they were downloading constantly.

The bundle, together with a couple of other bundles, can be viewed here.

Is the sports on top of regular/FTA TV Muffy? Already have Freesat, but wouldn't say no to sports at that price. Problem is letting it go after a 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is the sports on top of regular/FTA TV Muffy? Already have Freesat, but wouldn't say no to sports at that price. Problem is letting it go after a 12 months.
    Yeah, you get free Eir & BT Sports channels for the duration of the contract. You just need an old Sky box and a viewing card and if you dont have a card they will post one to you if you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

muffler wrote: »
    Yeah, you get free Eir & BT Sports channels for the duration of the contract. You just need an old Sky box and a viewing card and if you dont have a card they will post one to you if you ask.

You can also view online via app or the OLD explorer browser (not Edge). You are only allowed to register 2 devices on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

T-Bird wrote: »
    You can also view online via app or the OLD explorer browser (not Edge). You are only allowed to register 2 devices on the app.

Phew, just about to ask if you could not use it off the app/chromecast. Buying an old sky box would be a none runner for me.

Advertisement