Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved out - can't close my account

Options
  • 03-08-2017 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I've moved out recently, filled in the online form and got response my account can't be closed as meter readings don't match. The electricity meter was bill pay, I read that but the gas one is payg so I put down 0 and it's paid in advance. 

Would you need the payg gas meter reading as well?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi padyjoe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

The meter reading is also required for Pay As You Go gas. A final statement issues regardless of whether an account is Pay As You Go or billpay. This is to take into account all usage, Emergency Credit and daily standing charges.

We recommend callng our colleagues in the Pay As You Go Gas team on 1850 372 372 to complete the move out if you are unable to do so online.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement