Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile migration

Options
  • 03-08-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I made a huge mistake last month and started a mobile account with Eir. I was on Meteor. I was assured there would be no problem.
    They have completely failed to migrate my old mobile number onto my new phone. 
    After 2 weeks of ringing customer care and being put on hold (which timed out 5 times) I lodged an official complaint with Eir. 
    According to their own guidelines they should have gotten onto me within 2 days after complaining to let me know the story...no contact was made until today 11 days after I complained (by which time - according to their own guidelines they should have resolved the issue)
    I have also lodged a complaint with Comreg. They said I may have to wait a further 10 working days before it gets resolved. 
    I am self employed and have not had my number for a month and may not have it until the middle of August.

DISASTER

Don't do it. Stay away.

PS I have just been billed for 2 mobile numbers I do not have.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Wigglist wrote: »
    I made a huge mistake last month and started a mobile account with Eir. I was on Meteor. I was assured there would be no problem.
    They have completely failed to migrate my old mobile number onto my new phone. 
    After 2 weeks of ringing customer care and being put on hold (which timed out 5 times) I lodged an official complaint with Eir. 
    According to their own guidelines they should have gotten onto me within 2 days after complaining to let me know the story...no contact was made until today 11 days after I complained (by which time - according to their own guidelines they should have resolved the issue)
    I have also lodged a complaint with Comreg. They said I may have to wait a further 10 working days before it gets resolved. 
    I am self employed and have not had my number for a month and may not have it until the middle of August.

DISASTER

Don't do it. Stay away.

PS I have just been billed for 2 mobile numbers I do not have.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your mobile phone. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your mobile phone. Can you PM me your account number and full name, please?

- Adam

Good Man Adam, make sure you tell the OP someone else is taking care of it. #theeirway

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Wigglist

So after a month my number has been sorted. In all that time Eir have only contacted me once and then put me on hold which timed out. 
    In that month I rang Eir 11 times. At the end of each call I was assured that if I waited the problem would be fixed within 24 hours. Needless to say this was more of an aspiration than a reality. It appears their customer service is a disorganized mess. I get the impression they are swamped with complaints.

Then the first bill arrived and it was for twice the amount we were quoted in the shop. The bill had 2 mobile plans that did not belong to me which I was charged for. The bill was paid by direct debit. I had to ring and complain AGAIN and they credited my Eir account. Credit in my Eir account is not credit in my (now overdrawn) bank account but that's what they did. 

Now I do not have internet access. I rang them on Friday and they have assured me if I waited the problem will be fixed within 24 hours. 
    The problem has not been fixed.

I wonder if I will have to ring them again and be put on hold...

So after a month my number has been sorted. In all that time Eir have only contacted me once and then put me on hold which timed out. 
    In that month I rang Eir 11 times. At the end of each call I was assured that if I waited the problem would be fixed within 24 hours. Needless to say this was more of an aspiration than a reality. It appears their customer service is a disorganized mess. I get the impression they are swamped with complaints.

Then the first bill arrived and it was for twice the amount we were quoted in the shop. The bill had 2 mobile plans that did not belong to me which I was charged for. The bill was paid by direct debit. I had to ring and complain AGAIN and they credited my Eir account. Credit in my Eir account is not credit in my (now overdrawn) bank account but that's what they did. 

Now I do not have internet access. I rang them on Friday and they have assured me if I waited the problem will be fixed within 24 hours. 
    The problem has not been fixed.

I wonder if I will have to ring them again and be put on hold...
    Hi there,

Glad to hear the issue with your mobile number has been sorted. If you go to your bank and fill out an indemnity form, you can have the full direct debit payment recalled.

If you PM me your account number I will check on the status of your broadband for you. 

- Adam

The onus is on Eir to remedy their many mistakes. I have no intention of going to my bank.
    I should not have to do anything. I should not have to go on this forum. I should not have to initiate contact only to be put on hold. I should not have to repeat the many instances in which every customer care member has worsened the situation. 
    Eir customer care and tech support appears to me to be either entirely staffed by amateurs or understaffed and drowning in a tsunami of complaints.
    I completely resent the way I am being treated and suspect I am not alone.

• Advertisement

The onus is on Eir to remedy their many mistakes. I have no intention of going to my bank.
    I should not have to do anything. I should not have to go on this forum. I should not have to initiate contact only to be put on hold. I should not have to repeat the many instances in which every customer care member has worsened the situation. 
    Eir customer care and tech support appears to me to be either entirely staffed by amateurs or understaffed and drowning in a tsunami of complaints.
    I completely resent the way I am being treated and suspect I am not alone.
    I'm afraid the only way to claim this direct debit payment back is to fill out an indemnity form at your bank. I completely understand how inconvenient this may be and I am sorry that I can't do more for you in regards to this. 

- Adam

Now it appears that WIFI access, Bluetooth and Hotspot functionality have all been disabled on my phone. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Maybe you should get Comreg involved at this stage?

Karsini wrote: »
    Maybe you should get Comreg involved at this stage?
    Thanks. ComReg have been in the loop since mid July. They can only try to speed up process. 
    Eir contacted me only once since all this began, they asked one or two questions, put me on hold and then the line went dead...

BTW a Ouija board would give more helpful answers than Eir Customer Support

• Advertisement

Also in my experience this is a completely and utterly false

[font=arial, sans-serif]The matter will be investigated and a member of the Customer Care Team or a representative from the appropriate business unit will be in touch with you within [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]2 working days [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]with a view to resolving your issue.[/font]

Now it appears that WIFI access, Bluetooth and Hotspot functionality have all been disabled on my phone. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
    Is this the eir WiFi that is now disabled on your phone or the general WiFi settings when you're trying to connect to your own WiFi service. We wouldn't be able to disable your bluetooth service on your mobile phone, this would be down to the settings on your device. 

- Adam

Is this the eir WiFi that is now disabled on your phone or the general WiFi settings when you're trying to connect to your own WiFi service. We wouldn't be able to disable your bluetooth service on your mobile phone, this would be down to the settings on your device. 

- Adam
    You're saying its just coincidence that I lost these functionalities when my phone number ported over? I have done a factory reset on the handset with no success. My next option is drive 2 hours to my nearest Eir store and watch them draw a blank? I honestly feel I was better off before I waded int the Eir swamp

- Adam
    Do you think it would be possible for me to cancel my mobile plan and change to a sim only with Eir? 

- Adam
    Do you think it would be possible for me to cancel my mobile plan and change to a sim only with Eir? 
    We would have no control; over these features on your device I'm afraid so you would need to pop into a store to have this looked into. If you are in a contract for this service, you wouldn't be able to cancel your plan without paying early cancellation charges.

Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

Advertisement