Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Hour Parking In Golden Island

• 03-08-2017 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Is that a new sign in the Golden Island Shopping Centre about the three hours parking or has it been there & I never noticed!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I always thought it was two hours. Similar in the Dunnes car park. Parking however is ridiculous. Town needs more parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

I've never seen a clamped car in Golden Island since it's opening 20 years back. There is space for 1000 cars, and it's free what more do you want? You have a 5 minute walk to anywhere else in town centre. if that is beyond one, they can pay in the Town Centre.

Athlone's pretty good for parking considering how tight the streetscape is. Try Naas, Tralee etc for a comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

hillbloom wrote: »
    Is that a new sign in the Golden Island Shopping Centre about the three hours parking or has it been there & I never noticed!!
    I've actually never paid any heed to what the signs say, have they not been up for years? I know they tried to bring in restricted parking in Golden Island a number of years ago but were halted and I just assumed they never bothered taking down the signs! I've never seen anyone going around and checking the parking - wish they could do something about the people who clearly cannot park between the lines!

Dunnes are stricter on parking times and a fella goes around checking there.

Advertisement