Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

top up removes pervious balance?

Options
  • 03-08-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭

i'm currently house sitting while my sister is away  

she has a pre paid meter

i just topped up the meter online the balance before topping up was €17 i topped up by €50 and now the balance is €53 is this correct? the €14 is showing as used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi dunworth1,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can only speak in general terms as we do not have access to the Pay As You Go system.

Do you know if there was a balance owing when the meter was installed?

If there was a balance owing when a meter was installed, this balance is added to the meter and deducted at 25% of every top-up. As such, €12.50 would go towards this balance if €50 was paid.

Did you read the meter just before you topped up and just after you topped up? If not, there may have been electrcity used during this time. There may also have been daily service or standing charges deducted.

We hope this helps.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement