Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

came off at Ballymun Ave/Collins Ave junction (dublin)

Options
  • 03-08-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Feck that was sore!
    No lasting damage I think, but my hip is looking like putrid omlette.
    Chapeau to the 2 lads who minded me till satisfied I was compos mentis.

A right turn I must have taken 1000+ time in the same bike, but this time she went from under me in a split second. Going faster than average due to tailwind, but not the fastest I would have done it by any means.

Mystified as to the cause. Might have been some oil. Don't think I touched the front brakes, but have recently been avoiding the back as they were sticking.

Further mystified as to how the likes of ye who race jump straight back on after far more injurious crashes.

Anyway, ride safe.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i live a short walk from there. could wander up to have a look to see if there's anything obvious there?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

MB, didn't see anything from the side of the road so would guess any little bit of oil would get worn away soon enough.
    Any "public service announcement" reason for posting this is probably disingenuous - I was (am) just a bit shocked by the event and wanted to share, for whatever reason social networkers feel that need.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

How's the tyres, any worn spots on them? Could have been a slight loss in grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

How's your bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Tyres are getting on a bit so probably will replace them. Bike is otherwise fine thanks. The bruise is spectacular - from my waist to good bit down my thigh is a lurid mottled magenta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement