Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American vandals - Netflix

• 03-08-2017 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Who drew the dicks ? Sept 15th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Netflix really is unrivalled with their original content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Watched all the episodes today. It's actually fairly fantastic. Draws you in as a comedy with their trailers but it's got some real heartfelt moments and a seriousness behind it at times, particularly later in the season. Obviously the whole premise is humorous but it's extremely well done and asks some really good questions of education, schooling and people's perceptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Netflix really is unrivalled with their original content

Quantity maybe but HBO are still by far the kings for best shows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed the whole thing. Thought it was very well done, well acted, funny without trying too hard to be funny, and it ended brilliantly. Fantastic stuff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I had been only mildly curious about this, but the surprisingly strong reviews means I'm going to have to take a lok.
    Unearthly wrote: »
    Are they though any more? They've got "Westworld" and "Game of Thrones" but what other drama series are they producing these days that give them "King" status? It's a long time since "The Wire".
    Netflix have made huge leaps and bounds, as have other services and that's finally being reflected in the various awards ceremonies.

• Advertisement

I got fed up of this after the second episode! Must be my mood cos it's getting great reviews, il have to revisit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

ixoy wrote: »
    I had been only mildly curious about this, but the surprisingly strong reviews means I'm going to have to take a lok.

Are they though any more? They've got "Westworld" and "Game of Thrones" but what other drama series are they producing these days that give them "King" status? It's a long time since "The Wire".
    Netflix have made huge leaps and bounds, as have other services and that's finally being reflected in the various awards ceremonies.

Don't mean to go off topic but original content in last 18 months or so i enjoyed from them including GOT and Westworld.

The Leftovers
    The Night of
    Big Little Lies
    New series of Curb your enthusiasm

As i said netflix have an incredible amount of quantity but i don't think any of their shows reach the quality of hbo's biggest hitters in terms of production values, acting and writing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Unearthly wrote: »

Was taking the pìss :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I got fed up of this after the second episode! Must be my mood cos it's getting great reviews, il have to revisit

I almost gave up during the second episode - stick with it, its really good.

It is so good. More than it should have been.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've 1 ep left, I love this show, absolutely love it.
    The simulated recreations are hilarious, and Kr@tz is deadly.

The examination of the d*cks is also hilarious such as
    the ball hairs, mushroom top and spatter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sat down and watched the whole thing tonight. Really clever and brilliantly done. Surprisingly more heartfelt and nuanced than one would expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've 1 ep left, I love this show, absolutely love it.
    The simulated recreations are hilarious, and Kr@tz is deadly.

The examination of the d*cks is also hilarious such as
    the ball hairs, mushroom top and spatter

You see when he stormed out after the PE teacher/coach was awarded the award for best teacher .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a second season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Renewed for a second season.

YAY!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Just finished this now, really enjoyed it overall. Didn't enjoy the first two episodes but they picked up a lot after that. Loved the change in tone towards the end, I really felt for Dylan, especially as when he was watching the documentary back himself. Very surprised there's gonna be another series though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just watched it over the last week or so. Really enjoyed it - a lot of twisting and turning, good cliffhanger endings. Funny hearing some of the evidence being presented so seriously (
    "but the ballhairs"
    ), but also quite thoughtful (
    the reactions to the documentary and some very private matters being presented as evidence to the world
    ).

Surprising to hear that it's getting a second season, but hopefully they can do some good things with it.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 trailer

Series drops September 14th.

Who made them all poop?

The Turd Burglar did!

Who is the The Turd Burglar?

Oh great, thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just blitzing my way through season 2 and absolutely loving it. Season 1 was great but I think this one’s better.

• Advertisement

Ah had completely forgotten it was arriving yesterday, what a treat! Will post again when I've watched some :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

S2 is probably a bit more serious than S1, but it's absolutely fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Great!

Season One was great. I had a hard time telling people to watch it, "isn't that the one about the guy who draws the dicks, sounds a bit stupid".

- "Well, yeah, it is, but it's actually quite smart if you stick with it. Honestly!"

First twenty minutes of season two have me in stitches. All the shtting and then the boys talking about their success.

I had to watch the opening few minutes just to see what the subject of the season will be. I love it already.

Things really start to ramp up once DeMarcus gets introduced, some of his lines are hilarious: a mixture of arrogance and innocence.

The English teacher is the best supporting player so far, "I feel just like Sandra Bullock in that movie The Blindside."

Some of the stuff this show comes out with is so well thought out (e.g
    the iOS bug
    ).

Binged it all there in the last 24 hours. Thought it was really great, quite different to season one in many respects.

Obviously, there are similarities. It's focused around a "humorous" incident and it's still front-loaded with juvenile humour in the early episodes, just like the first season. But I thought the central mystery came much more to the fore this year. There may not have been a central character as surprisingly engaging and empathetic as Dylan Maxwell, but I found myself being properly sucked into the investigation this time around, even more so than last year.

And there's definitely an attempt to be less of a comedy this season. I don't think I even laughed during the final two episodes - at that stage it was a nail biting thriller.

FUCK, let me stop for a sec...

This show is fcking great. More people should be watching this. It uses ridiculous humour to draw you in and then around that crafts a complex and absorbing mystery, with lots of twists and turns and then at the end of that manages to make some cutting points about the way life is for teenagers nowadays and I haven't even mentioned how good the acting is throughout.

It's funny, surprisingly deep and eventually dark, absorbing and perceptive and really well put together. Can't praise this show enough really.

Just finished it, the last two episodes in particular were excellent, so many twists and turns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just finished. As much as I loved the first season, this one was even better. We may have lost Dylan Maxwell, but I think the new cast this season more than made up for it - Kevin McClane and DeMarcus Tillman in particular were superb.

Honestly, if someone had told me over a year ago that one of the cleverest TV shows of the decade was to be a mockumentary full of juvenile d*ck and sh*t jokes, I would never have believed it, but here we are.

• Advertisement

Finished S2 last night, loved it.

The first thing I done was checked youtube for The Horsehead Collective and followed @theturdburglar and others on instagram :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

finished it last night, really enjoyed it, very entertaining throughout. Very well thought out story. I had not watched season 1 , is that worth watching ?

2smiggy wrote: »
    finished it last night, really enjoyed it, very entertaining throughout. Very well thought out story. I had not watched season 1 , is that worth watching ?

Heck yes, much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Just finished season 2. One of the cleverest and most insightful shows on TV. That it’s a mockumentary about a phantom shítter makes it all the more special. Netflix should be heavily promoting this.

Netflix have cancelled this.. gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Basq wrote: »

I've loved both series but how many times could they go to the well on this? Get out while on top before the idea gets stale. Probably the right move to stop.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »

I too am gutted...
    I've loved both series but how many times could they go to the well on this? Get out while on top before the idea gets stale. Probably the right move to stop.

...but I can also see this logic. They may have been able to pull it off once, maybe twice more, before it got stale, so it may be better that its going out on a high note and as a future Cult Classic.

Bit disappointed it's been axed, but pleased overall really. I'd rather have two great series rather than a third sh*te one. A really great show overall, think I preferred the first series slightly more. Hope we see more from the cast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Looks like there might be another season of this. It's being shopped around to networks as the guys behind it had planned on 3 seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

cliggg wrote: »
    Looks like there might be another season of this. It's being shopped around to networks as the guys behind it had planned on 3 seasons.

fair enough if they have a good idea/story in place for the 3rd season :)

Advertisement