If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious problem with new tv - out of sync sound

Options
  • 03-08-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭

Hi

I ordered a panasonic 58" ex700 tv and q acoustics m4 sound bar and took delivery of both by tuesday this week so thank you for the prompt delivery.

However the equipment is unusable at present due to serious sound out of sync issues - the sound is delayed so i can hear the sound a few seconds after when it should happen, per the video on screen.

I also have a virgin media horizon cable box as well as ps3 blu ray player. 

Connections are as follows:

TV connected to virgin media box and ps3 using hdmi

sound bar is connected to TV via opitcal digital cable

when i switch the sound bar off and just use the TV volume the out of sync is still there, though not as bad.

problem occurs with virgin media TV as well as ps3 plu ray player.

therefore im assuming the problem is with the TV? checked online for advice and ensured all settings set to PCM.

probem is also intermittent ie about 70% of the time, the other 30% randomly is working fine.

i would appreciate some advise ASAP as i said the system is currently unusable and i dont want to have to return it if theres a solution? ive obviously tried reconnecting all the cables etc. which doesn't help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

I ordered a panasonic 58" ex700 tv and q acoustics m4 sound bar and took delivery of both by tuesday this week so thank you for the prompt delivery.

However the equipment is unusable at present due to serious sound out of sync issues - the sound is delayed so i can hear the sound a few seconds after when it should happen, per the video on screen.

I also have a virgin media horizon cable box as well as ps3 blu ray player. 

Connections are as follows:

TV connected to virgin media box and ps3 using hdmi

sound bar is connected to TV via opitcal digital cable

when i switch the sound bar off and just use the TV volume the out of sync is still there, though not as bad.

problem occurs with virgin media TV as well as ps3 plu ray player.

therefore im assuming the problem is with the TV? checked online for advice and ensured all settings set to PCM.

probem is also intermittent ie about 70% of the time, the other 30% randomly is working fine.

i would appreciate some advise ASAP as i said the system is currently unusable and i dont want to have to return it if theres a solution? ive obviously tried reconnecting all the cables etc. which doesn't help.
    Boink,

really sorry to hear you have an issue - we haven't had any reported issues with the 58EX700 at all so far and even doing a quick search online I don't see anything so I'm a little perplexed - You have a really excellent Panasonic Authorised centre close to you and if you like in the first instance I can ask them to come out and have a look at your system to see if they can see anything obvious with the system - we could also try to swap out your HDMi cables to ensure you have decent quality 4K ready kit - if there is a fault as the unit is so now I think we will just swap it out for you. 

Can you drop stephen a line to service@richersounds.ie, give him your details and we will in the first instance send you a couple of Audioquest Pearl HDMI cable to test and he can then arrange for the guys from Panasonic Plasmacare to check your system out for you?

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Hi thanks for response - the issue is occurring with box virgin media box as well as ps3 so doubt the issue is with hdmi cables, though the ones I have are a few years old.

Looking online I couldn't see an issue with this TV, though there are lots of issues in general with audio lag. though normally it seems the picture is delayed, where in this case it's the audio.

so happy to try new cables and then yes if someone from Panasonic could come out to me that would be great.

Thanks for quick response.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi thanks for response - the issue is occurring with box virgin media box as well as ps3 so doubt the issue is with hdmi cables, though the ones I have are a few years old.

Looking online I couldn't see an issue with this TV, though there are lots of issues in general with audio lag. though normally it seems the picture is delayed, where in this case it's the audio.

so happy to try new cables and then yes if someone from Panasonic could come out to me that would be great.

Thanks for quick response.
    Hi Theboinkmaster.

I'll get 2 of the 1m Audioquest HDMI cables posted out to you today.

I'll pass the issue over to Stephen who deals with our service issues and arrange for an engineer to call out to see the setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just to mention I have an issue with my TV too (Hisense) with the Virgin Media box. It's not my TV though it's Virgin Media.
    The audio is out of Sync on certain channels. Especially Sky Sports News but not limited to that channel. There is an option to adjust the audio sync in the Menu on the box itself that might be able to assist.

Just to mention I have an issue with my TV too (Hisense) with the Virgin Media box. It's not my TV though it's Virgin Media.
    The audio is out of Sync on certain channels. Especially Sky Sports News but not limited to that channel. There is an option to adjust the audio sync in the Menu on the box itself that might be able to assist.
    Thanks for the info MuppetKiller.

• Advertisement

Just an update on this. The repair subcontractors you used weren't much help however I figured out the issue was caused by ps3 player so once I replaced this with normal BD player the issue hasn't re-occurred.

Very happy with system now, thank you very much.

Just an update on this. The repair subcontractors you used weren't much help however I figured out the issue was caused by ps3 player so once I replaced this with normal BD player the issue hasn't re-occurred.

Very happy with system now, thank you very much.
    Hi TheBoinkmaster.

Sorry to hear that you though the engineers where not very good. May I ask why?

On a different note, I'm glad that you have worked out the issue and are now sorted.

Hi Kenny

The engineer just didn't have any answers or ideas, he just did a factory reset. I had a video on phone showing him issue occurring etc.

His only suggestion was to bring TV back to workshop and connect to their own BD player and email Panasonic the video, claiming software update maybe.

I seemed to know a lot more about the issue from internet research than the engineer so they didn't inspire confidence TBH.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

to be fair most TV repair companies don't do 'field' repairs and ( this is a generalisation!) mainly they will use an unqualified techie to pick up and re-deliver products - in the main qualified TV engineers are too expensive to do delivery / collection jobs and the suggestion to bring a unit back to the workshop is generally so it can be soak tested and run through the manufacturers tests on a bench which is not always possible in a domestic environment.

Glad you have the issue sorted and of course always keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.