Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COST of knee surgery in Uganda???

• 04-08-2017 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm looking for a rough guage of what a person without any insurance (a citizen of uganda) would have to pay for knee surgery on a knee cap - person around 40-50 years old.

I know it's quite vague, but any price range at all would be helpful.

(It's to do with a possible donation, and just trying to verify details.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You checked your spam folder, didn't you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swflo

Nah, I'm not that bad... It's a long story. I'm not a tool, I swear. Just need to know the price range for reasons I'm not getting into. Do you know where I could find price ranges for surgeries in Uganda???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

swflo wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a rough guage of what a person without any insurance (a citizen of uganda) would have to pay for knee surgery on a knee cap - person around 40-50 years old.

I know it's quite vague, but any price range at all would be helpful.

(It's to do with a possible donation, and just trying to verify details.)

Ask an orthopaedic surgeon to let you know the costs. As far as I recall, you would have the cost of the orthopaedic surgeon, the cost of the anaesthetist and the cost of the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 swflo

cool, and would you guess that something like that would fluxuate greatly from country to country, or is it something that'll be substantial irrespective of where you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Are you thinking of going on a knee surgery tour of East Africa, or perhaps even further afield?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Perhaps because he stated in the opening post that the person he is enquiring on behalf of- is a citizen of Uganda?

OP- its highly unlikely you're going to get detailed information, such as you're seeking- on an Irish message board.

I would pose the question- if the person in question does not have medical insurance- why limit their search to Uganda- they may find a better surgical procedure, or better prices, elsewhere (presuming of course that they are entitled to travel to an alternate locality).

As you're being very vague- its pretty much impossible to give you any other advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

It costs exactly 53euro 22 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Wesser wrote: »
    It costs exactly 53euro 22 cents.

I doubt that would cover the cost of the blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

OP Enormous difference in prices per country. So an irish estimate is useless to you.
    If i may advise "knee" surgery is not enough information. In surgical terms its like saying "Lower leg" surgery or "shoulder" surgery. Its a body part that could be getting many complex very different surgeries, from reattaching ligaments, aligning bones, purging out debris from a trauma, shaving down bones, vaccuming out fluid, nerve damage etc.
    You need a much more detailed procedure, does it have a name? (they always do).
    There will also be a huge difference within the areas/hospitals of uganda. Like the difference here between some hospitals is several hundred percent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement