Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mokuba's Football Doubles (Strictly no Odds on Shots)

Options
  • 04-08-2017 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

My second log (Don't worry this is the last).

Again, the only way this stops being updated is if the bank goes to €0.

Forum is quiet enough so hopefully we can get this off to a good start to get more eyes peering in here. One thing I have noticed is that the threads with some sort of explanation/effort are the ones which fair best - as the personal log type thread really doesn't invite much discussion.

What will separate this log from others is that the 2 selections which make up each double cannot have worse odds than evens. So no 4/7, no 8/13, no 2/9. There is no challenge in that.

Most people do their 5/6/7/8/9 teams on a Saturday, sit down and watch Soccer Saturday and hope for the best. I actually find that with a bit of research you can pick 2 teams at decent prices and double them for a pretty good return.

I will have no more than 2 doubles a weekend. Some I might have none, some I might have 2.

Funnily enough - the 2 Friday night games already present the perfect opportunity to get involved, in my opinion.

Nottingham Forest v Millwall

106369309_city_ground_Sport-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqab1Tf8W4mbCm03VtymgkMtOFnQL3-6Tfo7pIP926kx4.jpg

Huge buzz around Nottingham Forest at the moment - good young squad being assembled with the likes of Brereton, Clough and McKay. Some experience in the likes of David Vaughan and Daryl Murphy. Things have calmed down a bit behind the scenes and Warburton is imposing the ideas that had Brentford get a promotion and a playoff spot under him.

There aren't too many easier opening games, as Millwall will look to survive based on their home form. Expect them to approach the Championship like Burton Albion did last year. Morison and Gregory will probably start up front again this year and while they excelled in League 1 - the step up can be very difficult. Look at Will Grigg last season.

Sunderland v Derby

DMP_MDG_310717535SunderlandGibsonJPG.jpg

There is definite value in Derby. Sunderland are off the back of a humiliating relegation, followed by an equally humiliating preseason, still hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons (Drunk Darren).

Simon Grayson has come in to steady the ship but many of the players probably don't want to be there. Wabhi Khazri and Lamine Kone two of the more obvious ones. Others, such as Jack Rodwell are just not good enough even for this level. James Vaughan did well with Bury last year but it has been a long time since he performed at this level. Grayson has brought in McGeady and Grabban - McGeady is highly unlikely to thrive in such a volatile environment, and Grabban has prior form for being a tw*t. I fail to see how this ship is being steadied anytime soon.

Derby meanwhile have the depth to cope with the losses of Will Hughes and Tom Ince to the Premier League. Huddlestone is a shrewd buy, Davies has been a steady presence for Hull in recent years and Wisdom, meh (I actually prefer Christie). Their spine is one of the best in the league. Davies and Keogh at centre back, Bradley Johnson and Huddlestone in midfield, Martin up top. Johnny Russell and Weimann will probably play out wide and he has plenty of options off the bench with the likes of Anya.

Sunderland have too much negativity/question marks and a host of players who have not played at this level - Derby are a solid side with experienced Championship players. I know who I'm happier to be on.

€10 double on Nottingham Forest (EVS) and Derby County (15/8) with Boylesports

Starting Bank - €200

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Unlucky lad. Derby had 2 clear goal chances to go in front in the 2nd half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Guffy wrote: »
    Unlucky lad. Derby had 2 clear goal chances to go in front in the 2nd half.

Yeah I watched the 2nd half - Chris Martin blazed over and Nugent hit thin air late on.

Sunderland were far better than I thought they would be even though they obviously tired late on. N'dong is their best player by a distance. Pearson might be able to scrape something out of them and get a top half finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I just wrote out a huge write-up and it disappeared when I went to post.

Not doing it again - Brentford (11/5) and Middlesbrough (15/8) €10 double with Paddy Power

Bank - €180
    In play - €10
    Profit/Loss - -€10

Advertisement