Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney stacks and Ornate finishing buildings Patrick St

Options
  • 04-08-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

While walking down Patrick St early one morning recently I happened to gaze up at the top of the various buildings and was most impressed by what is saw especially around the old Pav. It is a pity the modern buildings do not have all the ornate finishes. Also i noticed some buildings if not all had numerous chimnneys one had seven which led me to believe there must have been that many fireplaces and also many residents. Any comments would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭DylanGLC

I actually think a lot of buildings, specifically the upper floors, on Patrick's Street aren't well maintained at all. Some are as simple as needing paint (such as the yellow building for sale next to the Savoy), but some are more in need of more attention. The building Golden Discs is not maintained well at all on the upper floors, which is even more noticeable when compared to the newly restored and amalgamated building to the right of it, and the side of Burger King which was done up when The Capitol was built. Another example is the roof of the Debenhams building, where some of the green paint thing has peeled/fallen off, leaving random black spots. Hopefully this can be addressed when the road works are done because I really like Patrick's Street and with more developments happening on it (which I completely welcome), neglect of older buildings is further emphasised. I wish both new and old could look as good as they can, not just the new stuff

DylanGLC wrote: »
    ............The building Golden Discs is not maintained well at all on the upper floors, which is even more noticeable when compared to the newly restored and amalgamated building to the right of it....................

Can't fathom how that work got approved. The front is not at all like what it would have been originally. The other half of that building is original looking and the contrast is stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

DylanGLC wrote: »
    Another example is the roof of the Debenhams building, where some of the green paint thing has peeled/fallen off, leaving random black spots.

Paint? Do you mean the copper roof?

Advertisement