Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a loan urgently

Options
  • 04-08-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I need a loan of 500 euro urgently. Already have a loan with provident so can't get another. Don't deal with banks. Can anyone advise me where to look. I'm in galway. Not sure where to post so chose business and finance section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If your in a position where you 'had to' borrow from the likes of Provident, don't borrow any more. You can't afford to finance a loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

If you are in stable employment, your company might give you an advance that you pay back week by week/month by month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aurora17

endacl wrote: »
    If your in a position where you 'had to' borrow from the likes of Provident, don't borrow any more. You can't afford to finance a loan.

Excuse me you do not know my financial position so please don't make presumptions about my ability to repay a loan. I wouldn't look for a loan without ensuring I have the means to meet repayments. Troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

Advanced pay at work. Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Why can't you deal with banks?
    What about a credit union?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Aurora17 wrote: »
    Excuse me you do not know my financial position so please don't make presumptions about my ability to repay a loan. I wouldn't look for a loan without ensuring I have the means to meet repayments. Troll.

At the risk of being called a troll, if there wasn't an issue with repayments, you wouldn't be on a chat forum looking for a lender, Provident/bank/credit union would lend to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

He is right though. If I badly needed a loan I'd rather not get one then get it from provident. They charge insane interests and generally only are used by people as a last measure.
    He's only giving you advice

Ask for an advance at work would be your best bet.

And why won't the banks give you a loan considering you are working and that's most likel6 how you get paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Jesus, just looked at provident to see how much €500 would cost. 157.3% APR :eek::eek:
    https://www.providentpersonalcredit.ie/how-it-works/loan-calculator/

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

endacl wrote:

Spot on

emeldc wrote: »
    Jesus, just looked at provident to see how much €500 would cost. 157.3% APR :eek::eek:
    https://www.providentpersonalcredit.ie/how-it-works/loan-calculator/

Its handy for when you need a bit for a short period of time, but the thing to do is get it paid off as quickly as possible, not put it on the long finger, find yourself back in a similar position and then genuinely have no where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You explained your financial position though. From your post on another thread:

"I am on lone parents payment and can not meet the costs of these items on my income."

Do yourself a favour. Avoid digging your debt hole any deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

You don't "deal with" the banks or credit unions, which is bizarre enough and could only really be explained by a terrible credit rating.
    You are now already indebted to what is essentially a pay-day loan company, and you're in perfect financial nick?

Edit: just saw endacl's post above. You can't afford whatever it is you need to pay for.
    If it's baby stuff you need, St. Vincents are others are usually drowning with this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lorraine2213

Chill Money

Very helpful :)

Advertisement