Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

017662954...? Nuisance calls..!!

Options
  • 04-08-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

Getting calls on my landline from this number. 017662954

Rings a couple of times, then stops. I won't be calling back.

Googled it, and its a nuisance number. How can I block it..?

More importantly... Where did they get my number, as I'm ex-directory, always have been..??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Getting calls on my landline from this number. 017662954

Rings a couple of times, then stops. I won't be calling back.

Googled it, and its a nuisance number. How can I block it..?

More importantly... Where did they get my number, as I'm ex-directory, always have been..??
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. This was an eir number that was contacting you.

Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Why...?

So that you can plague me with more calls that I never asked for..? 

I've had calls from your marketing people before, and I asked to be removed from any lists. I was told I would not receive any more calls.

Looks like you were wrong.!

PM Sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Why...?

So that you can plague me with more calls that I never asked for..? 

I've had calls from your marketing people before, and I asked to be removed from any lists. I was told I would not receive any more calls.

Looks like you were wrong.!

PM Sent.
    I have responded to your PM about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Ive also had a few missed calls from this number, if its Eir why do they just ring twice and hang up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Because some poor sap in a call centre has his/her manager breathing down his neck telling him to make more calls, hit more targets. When I worked in a similar job, we used to ring our own mobile phones and ring the consumer complaint number on the back of a packet of sweets, anything at all, just to get the stats up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sue_787

Ialso just reeived a call from this number, is it from EIR?? They just hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Radical Dawg

I just got a call from this nuisance number too.

They rang, I answered, then they hung up. Is this even legal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi Radical Dawg,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Radical Dawg,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    I don't have an account. Some weirdo rang me at 13:24 today from this number and then hung up. I googled the number and found this page.

Hi Radical Dawg,

Thanks 

Thomas
    I don't have an account. Some weirdo rang me at 13:24 today from this number and then hung up. I googled the number and found this page.
    Are you currently a customer of Eir?

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement

Hi Radical Dawg,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    I cancelled Eir Sports, so no longer a customer. You already called me twice to ask for me to come back - I REALLY hope this isn't someone calling a 3rd time, because that'd be harassment.

PM me. I record all my calls, so have this one filed too.

Or you could just IGNORE me!?

You are nuisance calling me (3 times now!!) and I'm reporting you to Comreg and to the Data Commissioner for a GDPR violation.

HELLO????

Pack of scammers. You call me multiple times, hang up, and then ignore my messages on here.

Hi Radical Dawg,

Thanks 

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    I cancelled Eir Sports, so no longer a customer. You already called me twice to ask for me to come back - I REALLY hope this isn't someone calling a 3rd time, because that'd be harassment.

PM me. I record all my calls, so have this one filed too.
    I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Do you have your old account number? If so send it to me in a PM with your full name and D.O.B and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement