Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deputy Principal Position

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Notorious wrote: »
    The union are calling for members to blow whistles on any of this happening. I get that people are happy to do the work for free to gain experience or promotion opportunities. Though with the supposed reintroduction of A posts to schools, this might not be an issue for much longer.

I thought it was mainly b posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

There are new posts on the way called AP 1 And AP 2. Circular should be out in the first term. They are especially trying to target schools that haven't benefited from additional deputy principal positions so between four and seven hundred students is where the greatest alleviation is expected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

fall wrote: »
    There are new posts on the way called AP 1 And AP 2. Circular should be out in the first term. They are especially trying to target schools that haven't benefited from additional deputy principal positions so between four and seven hundred students is where the greatest alleviation is expected.
    I'm sure the same terms,conditions and pay will apply to ap1/2 as does to the current post structure lol

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case but I would also say there will be more work attached to the roles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case but I would also say there will be more work attached to the roles!

Some schools already have a lot of work attached. Some have next to nothing. It all depends on the school.

• Advertisement

I think all schools have posts with work attached. Don't know of any that have posts with no work attached?

I think all schools have posts with work attached. Don't know of any that have posts with no work attached?

I know of two schools that have b posts called AV co-coordinator. Neither has any tellys. Projectors and language lab are IT mans job. Lol

I am sure though there are people in those schools who have posts that actually have duties. I know the posts may have been abused by some but not all.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

I know a school where posts were "held back" for a number of teachers and every rule in the book re equality,gender,time of post advertisement,grooming etc and the respective unions did sweet fa about it. The Union had a token yes man sit in on appeal but thats all it was,get over it and move on! sort of thing.So yes corruption is never far away and then it rears its ugly head and affects other innocent staff members later on when "things " start going belly up! Work load is chronic in some schools while there are a few chosen ones in some other schools that get the money but do damn all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I know of two schools that have b posts called AV co-coordinator. Neither has any tellys. Projectors and language lab are IT mans job. Lol

There are some issues around this in my school but it's nothing to do with the work ethic or capabilities of the post holders concerned. Many have had their duties taken away and given to the people who do it for free. They are given pointless mickeymouse things to do while the real influence is transferred to a select group and post holders are undermined and ignored.

From the outside, and particularly if you listened to this little group complain, it might appear that we have lazy post holders getting away with money for nothing.

• Advertisement

ethical wrote: »
    I know a school where posts were "held back" for a number of teachers and every rule in the book re equality,gender,time of post advertisement,grooming etc and the respective unions did sweet fa about it. The Union had a token yes man sit in on appeal but thats all it was,get over it and move on! sort of thing.So yes corruption is never far away and then it rears its ugly head and affects other innocent staff members later on when "things " start going belly up! Work load is chronic in some schools while there are a few chosen ones in some other schools that get the money but do damn all for it.

Grooming? The sexual or facial kind?

Advertisement