Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response times on faults

Options
  • 04-08-2017 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have opened a fault ticket on Thursday (2pm) and I am being told that there will be somebody looking after it between 1 and 3 working days. Because of the upcoming bank holiday (Monday), I could be left out Phone and eFibre till the end of next week.

Luckily I have no TV from Eir !

(3 months ago, I got an email from Eir that eir broadband just got even better .... i guess that was a typo ... it got worse !!!)

I wonder if there is a more professional response time available with better response times ( 2 hour, 4 hour or 8 hour) but the eir website (also checked for business customers) is not clear about that.

I am working remote and depend heavily on phone and internet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

bikeblue wrote: »
    I have opened a fault ticket on Thursday (2pm) and I am being told that there will be somebody looking after it between 1 and 3 working days. Because of the upcoming bank holiday (Monday), I could be left out Phone and eFibre till the end of next week.

Luckily I have no TV from Eir !

(3 months ago, I got an email from Eir that eir broadband just got even better .... i guess that was a typo ... it got worse !!!)

I wonder if there is a more professional response time available with better response times ( 2 hour, 4 hour or 8 hour) but the eir website (also checked for business customers) is not clear about that.

I am working remote and depend heavily on phone and internet.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing with your broadband. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give you a more accurate time frame. The 1-3 working day time frame to have a fault cleared is our standard lead time.

I'm very sorry that I can't give you more information here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

A pity Eir cannot offer a better service to professional users.

I will look tomorrow for a temporary mobile broadband solution, given the situation I expect from Eir to give me some discount.

A pity Eir cannot offer a better service to professional users.

I will look tomorrow for a temporary mobile broadband solution, given the situation I expect from Eir to give me some discount.
    When the issue is fixed, feel free to PM me your account number and full name and I'll be able to credit your account for the downtime.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

The problem has been fixed. I am glad they fixed it before the bank holiday instead of at the end of the week.
    Lets leave the credit for the moment unless the problem reappears this month.

The problem has been fixed. I am glad they fixed it before the bank holiday instead of at the end of the week.
    Lets leave the credit for the moment unless the problem reappears this month.
    Glad to hear this has been sorted for you :)

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement