Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Harrow parts - Kverneland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Bit of a long shot, agri-linc http://www.agri-linc.com/

Might be worth a try, I know they have parts for Simba discs anyway. Would it be possible to get one made locally?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 341power

I have just emailed agri-linc so I'll have to wait and see.

By getting them made locally do you mean getting some one to cast the part in metal, I did not think of that and I will look into it. I hope it is not an expensive process!

Thanks blue 5000 for your reply, you have been very helpful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

341power wrote: »
    I have just emailed agri-linc so I'll have to wait and see.

By getting them made locally do you mean getting some one to cast the part in metal, I did not think of that and I will look into it. I hope it is not an expensive process!

Thanks blue 5000 for your reply, you have been very helpful.

Perhaps you could take off the one on the other side and get a copy made on a lathe.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Perhaps you could take off the one on the other side and get a copy made on a lathe.

Just youtubed the process, very good idea, I will look into it more. Would it be an expensive process?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Grueller

Just youtubed the process, very good idea, I will look into it more. Would it be an expensive process?

I would be guessing around €70 - €100 euro. I broke a sleeve where a cable goes into a valve chest on a hedge cutter last year. Needed it in a hurry and had one made by a local workshop within 3 hours for €70. Looked every bit as complicated as that.

• Advertisement

That is not bad cost wise. I have found a company locally that says on their website they offer a lathe service, I will have to wait to contact them next week before I know more. Thank you grueller for your reply

Just an update I contacted Agri-linc and they had the part I required and the full assembly if I needed it. so Thank you blue5000 for your suggestion.

Just an update I contacted Agri-linc and they had the part I required and the full assembly if I needed it. so Thank you blue5000 for your suggestion.

Another update I finished the harrow including a fresh coat of paint so its as good as new and working.
    I contacted a local engineering works and they made the parts for 25 euro each the part from Agri-linc was 45 pounds excluding vat and postage so I went with the local engineering works for 25 euro.

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Another update I finished the harrow including a fresh coat of paint so its as good as new and working.
    I contacted a local engineering works and they made the parts for 25 euro each the part from Agri-linc was 45 pounds excluding vat and postage so I went with the local engineering works for 25 euro.

Any pictures ?

Any pictures ?

• Advertisement

Any pictures ?

see attached picture

xboiso.jpg

see attached picture

xboiso.jpg

Nice job

Advertisement