Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Breach Parkbytext App

Options
  • 04-08-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone hear anything about this? Any insider info!!!
    Parkbytext app emailed me to say that they have been hacked and customers details are compromised? Didn't email my mate though, and he has the same App...
    Saw it online in the Times too. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/parkbytext-to-reveal-whether-personal-data-affected-by-potential-breach-1.3176151
    Did anyone else not get an email about it? Are they secure? Given that the article says every customer could take a case if there is a breach, they'd be bound to say there was nothing to worry about too.:rolleyes:
    The company behind Parkbytext on their website is called "Mobile Research Systems Ireland", no info online, just on solocheck. 27 companies between them, 10 now closed, sharing office with 5 other companies!?!? I wonder where the data is in that muddle!!!
    "Mobile Research Solutions Limited was set up on Tuesday the 18th of January 2011. Their current address is Dublin 2, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors Jim Moore, Thomas Harrington, Sean O'Dwyer and Jason Ballard have been the director of 27 other Irish companies between them; 10 of which are now closed. Mobile Research Solutions Limited has 7 shareholders. This Irish company shares its Eircode with at least 5 other companies."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Looks like it's a subsidiary / sister company of
    NCPS, who manage the parking in many car parks.
    If you were affected I think they're supposed to let you know

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Edited title to be clear it's the Park By Text App and not the Irish Rail App

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

I'm also a user of the app but never received an email. I wasn't sure if this meant I wasn't affected or if I should have been contacted...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I got the email, but didn't save it so can't copy it here, but it's pretty much verbatim what they have on their website here ...

http://www.parkbytext.ie/News/Service-Update

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The company behind Parkbytext on their website is called "Mobile Research Systems Ireland", no info online, just on solocheck. 27 companies between them, 10 now closed, sharing office with 5 other companies!?!? I wonder where the data is in that muddle!!!
    "Mobile Research Solutions Limited was set up on Tuesday the 18th of January 2011. Their current address is Dublin 2, and the company status is Normal. The company's current directors Jim Moore, Thomas Harrington, Sean O'Dwyer and Jason Ballard have been the director of 27 other Irish companies between them; 10 of which are now closed. Mobile Research Solutions Limited has 7 shareholders. This Irish company shares its Eircode with at least 5 other companies."

I don't think any of the above is a particular problem.

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/options
    6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2

CORPORATE CAFÉS, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2
    FOODYS, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2
    J & S PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2
    NATIONAL CONTROLLED PARKING SYSTEMS, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2
    PREMIER PARKING, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2
    SECURIT, 6 MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, DUBLIN 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement