Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin's "stonehenge" - controversy over metal maintenance boxes along new LUAS route

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

Looks absolutely awful..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

At least we'll be able to stand on top of them and see over people's heads on Paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

No only do they look terrible, they are also extremely unfriendly for pedestrians.

Why can't the boxes be placed underground, and then be brought up when they need to be worked on. It depressing that such a major construction project in the capital can be done so lazily.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's another one on townsend street just before Pearse street garda station facing where the lighthouse cinema used to be

Nice addition for a fairly narrow path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Forgive me if I am wrong on this, meant to post it last day, but was on mobile!

I thought that all these 'signal control' electronics and various equipment was going into a new room that was been built where the old (now gone) public toilets where located on that street across from Trinity College?

As for the underground and water, London Underground seems to function fairly well underground! I am sure we can manage a small room underground there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement