Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book advice

Options
  • 04-08-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

I want to do a bit of reading, can anyone recommend either of these.

ahg-Anschutz Mental Training in Shooting
    or
    Mec The Psyche of the Shot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Sparks, or It-wasn't-me would be the folks to chat to about such reading material I expect. Both well versed I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Both are excellent books written from a slightly different perspective.

Mental Training in Shooting is by Anne Grethe Jeppesen who has been a very active coach within the ISSF circle for many years and an Olympian in her own right. She has a background in sports psychology and this is a straightforward guide to competition management and a book that I highly recommend.

Sport Psychology and Competition by Heniz Reinkemier and Gaby Buhlmann is equally as good and much more heavy on text and illustrations. It is an extremely well written and illustrated book. I'm glad to have it in my library. In fact, I have both and I think they compliment each other very well. If you go with one or the other you won't be disappointed but I think you will be delighted if you get both as I did.

424925.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

If you want a stocking filler for Christmas, I know It's only August :P

One of the finest Olympic shooters there is and a life story that is truly inspiring. New edition coming out now so should be available before end of year. It's a book I've read three time and still keep a copy on my kindle when travelling.

424930.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

With the long winter nights already here lol, some interesting reading to look forward to, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement