Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭world class wreckin’ cru

kingaaa wrote: »
    Ok, I have Parcel Motel and I have a Revolut card, what exactly did you say to them though? I mean, did they ask questions why you were using it in the Republic of Ireland?

I think I might have used a vpn to base myself in the uk when I contacted them and signed in when I logged the request.

I just said my region isn’t showing as UK for Prime and I think it should be. It worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

I think I might have used a vpn to base myself in the uk when I contacted them and signed in when I logged the request.

I just said my region isn’t showing as UK for Prime and I think it should be. It worked.

Oh, don't want to go down the VPN route...thanks for the info though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Question: how do you go about getting a sterling Revolut card?

I just have a premium revolut card, it can be euros, dollars or sterling?

Oh, don't want to go down the VPN route...thanks for the info though

I don't use a vpn for accessing Prime. I just used the free tunnel bear service for that one thing. Good luck with it.

I don't use a vpn for accessing Prime. I just used the free tunnel bear service for that one thing. Good luck with it.

oh, so once you signed into prime UK using it that was it? no need for a VPN after Amazon changed the settings?.... funnily enough I just signed into prime video on the p.c. it has me being in the UK and asked me if I wanted to change it to Ireland, I wonder if it would work....

oh, so once you signed into prime UK using it that was it? no need for a VPN after Amazon changed the settings?.... funnily enough I just signed into prime video on the p.c. it has me being in the UK and asked me if I wanted to change it to Ireland, I wonder if it would work....

I just signed in on a vpn and left the session open while I started a chat with customer care. In case they checked there and then. That’s all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A chromecast might be a handy option for the non-smart tvs, casting was added a few months ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

When getting the English prime content I didn't use a VPN, revolut or change anything, just contacted them on the chat.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

When getting the English prime content I didn't use a VPN, revolut or change anything, just contacted them on the chat.

Yeah I heard that wasn’t working for some so just did so as a precaution. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think you'd need a UK / NI address, driver's licence, passport.

thanks !!! nobody has answered the question though, do Amazon allow you to bring the firestick on your travels? they obviously know your location hence it not working for lots of people - but once you get it sorted with their support team is there a cap on how long it can be operated outside the country of your plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

kingaaa wrote:
    thanks !!! nobody has answered the question though, do Amazon allow you to bring the firestick on your travels? they obviously know your location hence it not working for lots of people - but once you get it sorted with their support team is there a cap on how long it can be operated outside the country of your plan?

You can bring it anywhere in the EU and your prime will work perfectly. Outside of the EU I can't see prime working as it's geo blocked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    kingaaa wrote:

You can bring it anywhere in the EU and your prime will work perfectly. Outside of the EU I can't see prime working as it's geo blocked

It worked for me in South America but there wasn't as much content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

qwabercd wrote: »
    It worked for me in South America but there wasn't as much content.

Did you just get Prime originals or was it like when Irish Prime first set up. We had Prime Originals & a tiny amount of content?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I sort of accidentally signed up for a Prime free trial the other day and I've had a good old nosy around the site and while it's definitely improved since first launching there's still not a whole lot of content there. I reckon with a bit of time management Id get through everything I wanted to watch before the trial runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah signed up and forgot to cancel so had a month to have a mooch about. Nothing there really to keep me paying every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Really enjoyed Undone S1. A rotoscoped show about mental illness

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

sweetie wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Undone S1. A rotoscoped show about mental illness

Came in to say this. Absolutely loved it. All the characters was very likable and kept the show moving at a good pace. It didn't hurt that they were half hour long episodes, easy to watch on the train home etc. Although I generally tended to get through 2 or 3 of them at a time.

Makes me want to check out the Keanu Reeves movie, "A Scanner Darkly". Its animated by the same studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is there a legitimate way of changing prime from Ireland to UK?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there a legitimate way of changing prime from Ireland to UK?

You need to contact them on the chat, whether you think that's legit or not I'm not sure. Don't think there's another way.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

People should note that the Premier League games will not be on Amazon Prime Ireland, as Premier sports have the distribution rights in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

steve_r wrote: »
    People should note that the Premier League games will not be on Amazon Prime Ireland, as Premier sports have the distribution rights in Ireland

What if you're registered to the UK Prime but in Ireland? Will they block it because it's an Irish IP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

steve_r wrote: »

Will premier sports have all games available? I thought they only had the Saturday 3pm games and the Amazon games were a separate package.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Unearthly wrote: »
    Will premier sports have all games available? I thought they only had the Saturday 3pm games and the Amazon games were a separate package.

They have the Amazon games too and have promised to make them available. It’ll be interesting to see how they do it. My understanding is that Amazon will be making the games available on Sky for commercial customers (most of whom just aren’t set up to do streaming) and it may be that Premier will be able to piggy back on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

icdg wrote: »
    They have the Amazon games too and have promised to make them available. It’ll be interesting to see how they do it. My understanding is that Amazon will be making the games available on Sky for commercial customers (most of whom just aren’t set up to do streaming) and it may be that Premier will be able to piggy back on that.

Thanks for the information

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Strike me roan! All 200 glorious episodes of season 1 of Home & Away have been added.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Season 1.

Google says: 1988. My god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jack Ryan season 2 is back November 1st. Man in the High Castle season 4 (final season) is back November 15th. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Jayisplay

Hi just wondering if anyone is having problems viewing fleabag or tin star on prime video, they are on mine but not available to play for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

I've no problems playing fleabag but Tin Star is only available to me by purchase. I'm on UK Prime.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone is having problems viewing fleabag or tin star on prime video, they are on mine but not available to play for some reason.

What season of Fleabag you trying to play? Only the first one is on there I think.

With me Season 1of Fleabag is available with prime, season 2 is is there but for purchase only

Both of them are on it but all episodes says unavailable, I just have amazon prime video Ireland , nothin ever comes up about renting or buying stuff.

Decoda wrote: »
    I've no problems playing fleabag but Tin Star is only available to me by purchase. I'm on UK Prime.

How do I get uk prime

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Both of them are on it but all episodes says unavailable, I just have amazon prime video Ireland , nothin ever comes up about renting or buying stuff.

Tin Star is a Sky commission and is on Sky Atlantic/Sky Go/Now TV.

Afaik even in the UK it’s only available to purchase from Amazon.

icdg wrote: »
    Tin Star is a Sky commission and is on Sky Atlantic/Sky Go/Now TV.

Afaik even in the UK it’s only available to purchase from Amazon.

Don’t understand why it’s on it then ,fleabag also

How do I get uk prime

All I did was contact Amazon on chat and say that I was living in Northern Ireland. I had my primary address set as my Parcel Motel address. They had no issues changing it or for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yep same with me since about a week ago. Both seasons fail to play. Using Apple TV app

• Advertisement

Finished season 1 of The Fall and it's really good.
    Hadn't seen it when it was on TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Strike me roan! All 200 glorious episodes of season 1 of Home & Away have been added.

Like mine must be different, not one episode of home and away on mine

Finished season 1 of The Fall and it's really good.
    Hadn't seen it when it was on TV.

If stop there if I were you.

If stop there if I were you.

Really?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Really?

In my opinion, yes. It got progressively worse through S2 and 3. It was just so dragged out and ridiculous. It really felt like something they planned for one series of and then decided to drag it out for several more but had nothing to say. Dornan isn't a great actor either and it shows when he actually has to do proper scenes, not just skulk around and say the odd line here and there. Anderson's character wasn't much better as the seasons went on.

And to be honest, as a woman, I felt a bit uncomfortable watching it at times. I can't really explain it but some of the writing and scenes felt like they'd lost sight of the fact their main character is a rapist and murderer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Yep. Season 1 was great. Season 2 ok. Season 3 is desperate. Should only have been 2 seasons long.

• Advertisement

The Breadwinner.

Been wanting to watch this for ages now. I'm sure it was on Netflix for a while but it's on Prime now.
    Stunningly beautiful animation from Kilkenny's Cartoon Saloon. Set in Afghanistan it tells the story of a young girl who has to pretend to be a boy to provide for her family when her father is arrested by the Taliban. It's quite dark in places but a lot of it is hinted at rather than being shown and it's ultimately a very hopeful film, I guess?
    Well worth checking it out.

The Breadwinner.

Been wanting to watch this for ages now. I'm sure it was on Netflix for a while but it's on Prime now.
    Stunningly beautiful animation from Kilkenny's Cartoon Saloon. Set in Afghanistan it tells the story of a young girl who has to pretend to be a boy to provide for her family when her father is arrested by the Taliban. It's quite dark in places but a lot of it is hinted at rather than being shown and it's ultimately a very hopeful film, I guess?
    Well worth checking it out.

Fantastic film.

The Red Turtle

Animated film from a few years back about a man who finds himself stranded on a desert island and all attempts to escape it are thwarted by a big red turtle. And then things get weird....

I'm not sure how I felt about this, tbh. It's about 80 minutes long, no dialogue, and I'm not 100% sure what it was even about.... but I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Mark Kermode's review probably sums it up a bit better.... https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/28/the-red-turtle-review-studio-ghibli-masterpiece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will they stop the free month for December cause of the soccer boxing day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will they stop the free month for December cause of the soccer boxing day

No chance, sure that's a perfect reason to have the offer, they'll get loads of sign ups

• Advertisement
Advertisement