Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Watched the Oscar pistorius documentary and thought it was very good, gives great insight into the whole incident and court case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Watched the Oscar pistorius documentary and thought it was very good, gives great insight into the whole incident and court case

+1 for this

Watched the first 3 and it's excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

shamrock55 wrote: »

Which one? I'm seeing two.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

8-10 wrote: »
    +1 for this

Watched the first 3 and it's excellent

+2

It's just called pistorious 4 or 5 episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Finally finished re-watching the office, I had completely forgotten how emotional the finale was. That song Creed plays hits you straight in the feels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

firefly's one and only season has been added , think it was there a while back and left

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Is there any fix to allow rentals of content in Ireland?

I'v tried setting my region to UK, using a UK address (parcel motel) and using either my revolut or curve cards, but can't rent anything.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Breadwinner.
    The Red Turtle.

I had three animated movies lined up on Prime to watch over the weekend including the two above but I went with the Japanese anime Your Name which I've been eager to check out since it came out a few years ago. I was pretty blown away by it it even with very high expectations going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

The Boys will be my weekend viewing, and also my first venture into Amazon Prime streaming!

Watched the first 5 episodes over the last 2 days, the boys definitely the best thing on Amazon Prime. Superhero's been arseh*les is miles more interesting than them been hero's. Carnival Row is also very good

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I had three animated movies lined up on Prime to watch over the weekend including the two above but it went with the Japanese Your Name which I've been eager to check out since it came out a few years away. I was pretty blown away by it it even with very high expectations going in.

I've got that on BluRay, haven't got around to watching it yet but same as yourself I've got high expectations for it.
    Its actally the one area of Prime I've been mildly impressed with, their animation section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 GeneralDisorder

Hey,
    I'm using a FireTV stick for viewing and it really frustrating as a lot of the shows on offer are only for the UK.
    I'm trying to switch to get access to the Prime UK content, i've my account location updated and i've my payment method changed to my revolut card but i still get the warning about titles not available in my location.

Do I also need to use my VPN service when browsing to allow the UK content, or am i missing something. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Hey,
    I'm using a FireTV stick for viewing and it really frustrating as a lot of the shows on offer are only for the UK.
    I'm trying to switch to get access to the Prime UK content, i've my account location updated and i've my payment method changed to my revolut card but i still get the warning about titles not available in my location.

Do I also need to use my VPN service when browsing to allow the UK content, or am i missing something. :confused:

You don't need a VPN. You need to contact Amazon on web chat and ask them to change your Prime region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Do I also need to use my VPN service when browsing to allow the UK content, or am i missing something.

VPN most likely won't work. Get onto Web chat & ask them to change your prime video location to the UK. You will need a UK address. Most people use their parcel motel ad in Northern Ireland

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    VPN most likely won't work. Get onto Web chat & ask them to change your prime video location to the UK. You will need a UK address. Most people use their parcel motel ad in Northern Ireland

Thanks for this, works perfectly now! Finally worth using

Thanks! worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Any examples of tv shows that are on prime UK but not Prime Ireland?
    One immediate example I see, is "Swamp Thing". I actually really enjoyed this show and would recommend it....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

One immediate example I see, is "Swamp Thing". I actually really enjoyed this show and would recommend it....

Swamp Thing is actually available on the Irish version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭fman

The example usually given is Person of Interest, available in UK and not Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Fleabag s1

This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location

Sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bugsyb4

Fleabag s1

This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location

Sigh

But I think Fleabag S2 is available in Ireland and not UK though!

Still think better to be on UK content but that's one example where not..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I can't find a thread for Amazon Music so I thought I'd try here.

I signed up to the free 30 day trial on Friday. We used the Echo and various apps all weekend.

I used the Music section on the website to create playlists.

Now when I go to the Amazon website I have to sign up to a free trial. The apps and Echo are still able to use Amazon Music.

I contacted support and the agent says I'm not signed up Amazon Music or the free trial.

My email and Echo say different.

Anyone else encounter this before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

fman wrote: »
    The example usually given is Person of Interest, available in UK and not Ireland.

Just checking that Person of Interest should be showing as available for purchase on UK Region? (And not included with Prime)

Just double checking I’m correct set on UK.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

I'm seeing 5 seasons of Person of Interest available to me in Prime (no purchase needed) and I've my prime set to my parcel motel UK address.

regards

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Watched the first episode of football stories about the Liverpool supporters club in Rwanda, very sad but inspiring documentary

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will they stop the free month for December cause of the soccer boxing day

Do you have to call it that when you set your region to UK? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Meanwhile eir now including Prime Video (Ireland) with their eir TV subscription and one year trial of Prime Video for all new and existing broadband customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

icdg wrote: »
    Meanwhile eir now including Prime Video (Ireland) with their eir TV subscription and one year trial of Prime Video for all new and existing broadband customers

You have to cancel your existing Prime subscription before you can avail of this. However free Amazon Prime deliveries seem to be excluded so I won't be availing of it.

icdg wrote: »

Wheres the link to this info?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If anyone is doing a college course there's 6 months free and then it's 3.99 a month afterwards, nice little bonus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Wheres the link to this info?

The horses mouth:
    http://www.eir.ie/primevideo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im able to watch all content for Prime on my PC but when I go to watch it on my Firestick its restricted... Any ideas?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Glebee wrote: »
    Im able to watch all content for Prime on my PC but when I go to watch it on my Firestick its restricted... Any ideas?

Happened to me before, get on to chat and ask them to make sure your region is still set to UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Clareman wrote: »
    If anyone is doing a college course there's 6 months free and then it's 3.99 a month afterwards, nice little bonus

Is that US-only? Mentions a .edu email address to verify

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Happened to me before, get on to chat and ask them to make sure your region is still set to UK.

Ive just done that but they keep telling me I need a UK payment card.. Im sure I had this working on Firestick before

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ive just done that but they keep telling me I need a UK payment card.. Im sure I had this working on Firestick before

Revolut with your parcel motel address as the billing address covers that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Just keep trying, usually after 3 or 4 attempts they switch you.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Does that allow you to rent movies on Prime?

Did you change your billing address I the Revolut app?

Thanks

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Does that allow you to rent movies on Prime?

Did you change your billing address I the Revolut app?

Thanks

It does and you just need to change billing address on amazon. My billing address on the revolut app itself is my Irish address.

Have set up Revolut and using my DPD Wizard address in Northern Ireland but it still can get this to work on Firestick.

• Advertisement

Have set up Revolut and using my DPD Wizard address in Northern Ireland but it still can get this to work on Firestick.

Have amazon set your region to UK though? Nothing will work without that.

Sound ill get back onto them and just tell them ive moved to UK. Is that all that needs to be done and will Prime Video work on my Firestick then? Sorry for all the questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Any way to stop purchasing on the apps or pin protect it?

All I see is the age restrictions pin but it doesn't look like it stops purchases.
    When I click on Buy it asks me to confirm purchase, doesn't ask for a pin.

I'm using android app & PS4 app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Kenjataimu wrote:
    Any way to stop purchasing on the apps or pin protect it?

You have a dedicated prime video payment method. I'm thinking if you remove this in the amazon settings that you won't be able to purchase anything in prime video. Bit of a pain in the bum but you can add it back if you want to purchase. I should stress I haven't tried this & I'm not certain that it is a solution for you

Got back onto them and they switched my region. Prime working on Firestick on the TV

8-10 wrote: »
    Is that US-only? Mentions a .edu email address to verify

Sorry only spotting this now.

If you send a mail to amazon-student-verification@amazon.co.uk with a screen shot of proof on enrolement, I sent a screen shot of a receipt for year 1, they'll reply to you.

The 6 months free is great

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bugsyb4

I think switching regions also seems to work for the offer Eir have out at the minute. Here is hoping I get free Prime Video for the year with UK content anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bit dense here lads but whats the difference between the UK and IRL libraries?

Major differences?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

That is a bugbear for me. I dont how content that isnt accessible in my region is stil shown on my interface

• Advertisement

It does and you just need to change billing address on amazon. My billing address on the revolut app itself is my Irish address.

I still can't get it to work. Region is definitely set to UK and I get full access to all the included stuff, just can't rent or buy anything.

Advertisement