Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bugsyb4

Seemed to be working better on a Firestick on another TV. Will keep an eye on both, more looking for it to be working for Liverpool's game tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Working on my Sony Android TV. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone in Ireland got it going nah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Working fine for me - Amazon Prime app on a Samsung TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Working perfectly for me too...xray for the football is a nice touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

How do you get UK prime vs Irish prime...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Working perfect for me too on nVidia Shield.....as mentioned by @peteeeed HDR too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Working fine for me - Amazon Prime app on a Samsung TV
    im new to prime and have it on my samsung tv but cant seem to find the games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Working for me. I contacted amazon the other day to switch to UK, they said they couldn't do it unless there was a UK card on account, so I was going to add Revolut but didn't get a chance, but they must have fixed it anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Same here. Chromecast from Android app. Keep having to stop and start. Am going to try on LG smart TV in a while. Will also try on a firestick.

So far it's not good

Seems to be Chromecast that is the issue. Perfect on Android app. Perfect on LG TV. HDR as poster above said.

Also bonus can watch both streams at same time. One on TV one on Android app.

Ger8 wrote: »
    im new to prime and have it on my samsung tv but cant seem to find the games...

You probably have the Irish catalog. Get onto them on chat and tell them you want UK content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Nijmegen wrote: »

Go to the online chat. Tell them you are in UK a lot with work and you use it then. Ask can they change your region to UK. Worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Pacifico wrote: »
    You probably have the Irish catalog. Get onto them on chat and tell them you want UK content

Do you have to do anything other than ask them to switch it? Like pretend to be in the uk? use a uk address?

No. They'll ask you are you in the UK alright...just say yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nijmegen wrote: »

If you've registered with Revolut just get onto Amazon chat and they'll do it straight away. If you get access to fleabag season 1 they've transferred you over.

• Advertisement

No. They'll ask you are you in the UK alright...just say yes!

and how do i ask them...

Live chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's strange - I don't remember ever asking them to change me to the UK yet I have the games. No complaints though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fann Linn wrote: »
    If you've registered with Revolut just get onto Amazon chat and they'll do it straight away. If you get access to fleabag season 1 they've transferred you over.

I have access to Fleabag Season 1 but I dont see no football listed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Glebee wrote: »
    I have access to Fleabag Season 1 but I dont see no football listed

Can't help I'm afraid. I had the Irish version, got onto chat and have now the UK one. Including the soccer tonight.
    Try to get onto live chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭facehugger99

On live chat at the moment and they say I'm on Primevideo.com and will need a UK payment card and billing address - any ideas how to get around this?

They say they won't transfer my existing subscription over to UK version.

Do you have Revolut?

Live chat

thanks a mil. it worked perfectly...

My whole prime is messed up. I got them to swich me to the UK and it was working fine. Now it does not know if its in Ireland, UK or AMERICA. Keep getting ads for american football and showing me shows I can watch while travelling...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

primevideo.com is not carrying the games. log into your amazon.co.uk account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Got mine switched grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Got on to live chat. Asked them to set my region to UK. No hassle all done they said.

Still cannot see the games. Either on the app on phone or on the apple on Appe TV.

Do I need to ask them to specifically set my Primevideo account to UK or my Amazon account in general. I thought they were linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Got on to live chat and asked them to change location, The Rep has sent the request to the " concerned team '.....waiting for them to get back

Cushtie wrote: »
    Got on to live chat. Asked them to set my region to UK. No hassle all done they said.

Still cannot see the games. Either on the app on phone or on the apple on Appe TV.

Do I need to ask them to specifically set my Primevideo account to UK or my Amazon account in general. I thought they were linked.

Try logging into your amazon.co.uk account and see if the matches are there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Bot of a joke Amazon would buy the rights for Ireland also. Not impressed at all.

Premoer sports is as usual another rip off.

• Advertisement

Bot of a joke Amazon would buy the rights for Ireland also. Not impressed at all.

Premoer sports is as usual another rip off.

Do Amazon have the rights for Ireland?

You can blame the PL though, they were hawking these games around the streaming companies as a test bed. Apparently Netflix said no thanks.

Wheety wrote: »
    Do Amazon have the rights for Ireland?

You can blame the PL though, they were hawking these games around the streaming companies as a test bed. Apparently Netflix said no thanks.

Premier sports have the rights for ireland. I have sky. Dont want to get sky sports.

Wheety wrote: »
    Try logging into your amazon.co.uk account and see if the matches are there

No nothing there. Although when I click on the link on how to view premiership games it is telling me its not available for my location. I'm going to get on to Live Chat again and ask them to chage the Primevideo location to UK.

One other thing. I have the the free subscription as part of Eir Broadband package so maybe that's what's stopping it.

No nothing there. Although when I click on the link on how to view premiership games it is telling me its not available for my location. I'm going to get on to Live Chat again and ask them to chage the Primevideo location to UK.

One other thing. I have the the free subscription as part of Eir Broadband package so maybe that's what's stopping it.

I would say Amazon will clamp down on allowing ROI customers access fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

Working now.....I just asked them on chat to change me over and they did with no questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Highlights section is excellent on the iPad app. Scroll through the timeline and watch a video of any action that you might have missed.

I think if you get the free prime with Eir you cant get the football. If you get switched to the uk you cant get the free Eir offer...

Mine works away on my phone and I never switched my account to UK.

Anyone with the free prime through Eir manage to get it working?

I wonder have they manged to block the Eir lp addresses or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭flexcon

Sign out and back in again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

On live chat at the moment and they say I'm on Primevideo.com and will need a UK payment card and billing address - any ideas how to get around this?

They say they won't transfer my existing subscription over to UK version.
    I had this too, had to try with them three times but the third time they did it, 1 steps

- set your default address to be a UK address, like a Parcel Wizard address
    - change your revolut account so that it points to a UK address, again, the Parcel Wizard address is fine, this will change your Revolut card to be a UK card
    - remove the Revolut card as a payment method if it's there and add it again, this will ensure it shows as a UK card

(if you don't have a Revolut card, get one, and save yourself some bob ordering from Amazon anyway!)

Then go on to Live Chat, they'll ask you a few questions, where are you currently located, just say the UK, they might ask extra details like your full address. I gave the Parcel Wizard and he didn't say anything, gave me access fine then.

Part of it probably depends on the customer service agent you get too, I think some are probably less bothered than others and I've seen people get switched over just by requesting, no questions asked You can keep trying over and over with different ones anyway.

Seems to be Chromecast that is the issue. Perfect on Android app. Perfect on LG TV. HDR as poster above said.

Also bonus can watch both streams at same time. One on TV one on Android app.

This seemed to be the case for me anyway last night as the Chromecast I was using on one TV seemed to keep stopping while the firestick on another TV worked away well. Will be using the firestick for tonight's game anyway!

Anyone with the free prime through Eir manage to get it working?

I wonder have they manged to block the Eir lp addresses or something?

Was working for me last night and I am on Eir offer. Surely must be a few more doing the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is there any way to tell that you are looking at the UK content...specific movie or TV show?

Does the UK app look the same as the Irish one? Can you rent/buy content on UK app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Vudgie wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell that you are looking at the UK content...specific movie or TV show?

Does the UK app look the same as the Irish one? Can you rent/buy content on UK app?

+1

Also do UK users have access to Supernatural season 6?

Just left Irish version.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement

Fleabag s1, Smallville s1-10 and Person of Interest all on UK prime!

Also on my app for UK Prime search button is second last on screen I think with Irish app it is second button on screen.

+1

Also do UK users have access to Supernatural season 6?

Just left Irish version.

Is there like 13 seasons of that show? All seem to be there anyway from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Vudgie

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Fleabag s1, Smallville s1-10 and Person of Interest all on UK prime!

Also on my app for UK Prime search button is second last on screen I think with Irish app it is second button on screen.

It seems that on an apple device you cant make purchases/rentals from within the prime video app itself as Apple take a cut (open to correction). I think it has to be done through the website and can then be watched on the app?

Got the football working this evening. Had to change everything on my account to make it look like I was in UK. Parcel Motel address's as default. Revolut card as defualt payment method etc. Then got on to live chat again. I got bounced around to a few diffent support agents but eventually got sorted.
    Watching away now on apple TV. Thanks for advice all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭banie01

1st time watching football on Prime.
    Delighted with the video quality, really good video performance compared to other sports streams.

It's far better than BEIN HD1 on sat for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement