Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

banie01 wrote: »
    1st time watching football on Prime.
    Delighted with the video quality, really good video performance compared to other sports streams.

It's far better than BEIN HD1 on sat for me.

Video quality is excellent. Unfortunately I'm getting notifications of goals about 40 seconds before they happen on the screen. That's way too much of a gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Video quality is excellent. Unfortunately I'm getting notifications of goals about 40 seconds before they happen on the screen. That's way too much of a gap.

Turn off your notifications then!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

banie01 wrote: »
    1st time watching football on Prime.
    Delighted with the video quality, really good video performance compared to other sports streams.

It's far better than BEIN HD1 on sat for me.

How did you get that working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Turn off your notifications then!

For the sake of 4 days in a season that Amazon broadcast I'll leave them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For the sake of 4 days in a season that Amazon broadcast I'll leave them on.

Do you get a notification everytime there's a goal in the premier league?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just mute or put your phone down and enjoy the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've lost access to person of interest. I was on UK and able to watch it. Has it been removed? I can watch the premier League match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

iamtony wrote: »
    I've lost access to person of interest. I was on UK and able to watch it. Has it been removed? I can watch the premier League match.

It's available to buy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Really enjoyed the football on Prime tonight but couldn't figure out how to get "Stadium Atmosphere" as the audio option.

Anyone here figured it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Do you need a vpn for prime UK? I have the irish version on my shield but the fire stick won't work (error 5505). I don't want to use a vpn if I don't have to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

That was easy. Mailed support and asked them to change my region to UK. No problems and no questions asked. All highlights also available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That was easy. Mailed support and asked them to change my region to UK. No problems and no questions asked. All highlights also available.

Can you pm the email address on to me! I'll send them on a mail myself

lawred2 wrote: »
    Can you pm the email address on to me! I'll send them on a mail myself

If you go to your amazon account and the support section you send a request from there and enter your mail.

Id assume Amazon or Premier sports will put and end to this soon but heres hoping.

Amazon.co.uk • cs-reply@amazon.co.uk

Panrich wrote: »
    Do you need a vpn for prime UK? I have the irish version on my shield but the fire stick won't work (error 5505). I don't want to use a vpn if I don't have to.

No. Email them and ask them to set your region for your amazon account to UK. Should work then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭dougm1970

54and56 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the football on Prime tonight but couldn't figure out how to get "Stadium Atmosphere" as the audio option.

Anyone here figured it out?

yea....was an option on top of screen before you press play..."audio selection" i think it was.
    we have an LG telly...and 'HDR' logo popped up when it started playing....fantastic picture, full hd and colours popping all over the place....really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

For anyone who has switched region to the UK, can you still make purchases/rentals of Movies etc? I've had mine UK since the beginning, but cannot use an Irish credit card to make any purchases.

thos wrote: »
    For anyone who has switched region to the UK, can you still make purchases/rentals of Movies etc? I've had mine UK since the beginning, but cannot use an Irish credit card to make any purchases.

Not sure tbh. Query it with their CS. Try changing your delivery address for physical items to parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

thos wrote:

You are supposed to be a UK resident so they only accept cards linked to UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I thought the football coverage was decent..I watched the Liverpool game but found that it buffered a bit during the first half....anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Vudgie wrote: »
    I thought the football coverage was decent..I watched the Liverpool game but found that it buffered a bit during the first half....anyone else find this?

Were you using a Chromecast or Firestick? I started the match using a Chromecast and it was unwatchable (kept buffering). As soon as I moved to a wired Firestick it was perfect for the remainder of the match. (300mbps fibre connection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Without sounding like a complete idiot, Amazon say I need a UK card so do I just change my revolte card or get a new one or???

leex wrote: »
    Were you using a Chromecast or Firestick? I started the match using a Chromecast and it was unwatchable (kept buffering). As soon as I moved to a wired Firestick it was perfect for the remainder of the match. (300mbps fibre connection)

I was just watching on an iPad, but it improved a lot in the second half.

i read on facebook people saying how good it was on LG tv's...which i have. and it was....and that android based platforms were the issue (LG uses web os with a dedicated built in amazon prime video app (with dedicated button on remote)
    both games were in hdr and definition was so good.
    amazon prime video only recently made an app for android tv and there were issues with its speed conpared to how it was on firestick.
    there may be a bug with android based versions of the amazon prime app for this level of live streaming......again, LG tv was absolutely faultless here. (25 meg broadband over wifi to tv)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Without sounding like a complete idiot, Amazon say I need a UK card so do I just change my revolte card or get a new one or???

You can setup a virtual card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i read on facebook people saying how good it was on LG tv's...which i have. and it was....and that android based platforms were the issue (LG uses web os with a dedicated built in amazon prime video app (with dedicated button on remote)
    both games were in hdr and definition was so good.
    amazon prime video only recently made an app for android tv and there were issues with its speed conpared to how it was on firestick.
    there may be a bug with android based versions of the amazon prime app for this level of live streaming......again, LG tv was absolutely faultless here. (25 meg broadband over wifi to tv)

I had to stop trying to cast from my iPhone app as it kept buffering. I may look to just get a firestick but it seems a waste as we have a chromecast.

We are due to change the tv so maybe LG it is - though will need to see whether they will get more PL games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I used it on several platforms. We have decent enough 240 Mbps fibre. In reality I have never seen it over 100 Mbps wired. Good wifi coverage around the house.

Here is my experience:
    • Android app -> Chromecast : Unusable, contsant buffering. (WiFi)
    • Android app on phone: Grand although my phone screen is not great. It is a 720 screen. I felt the picture was pixellated, certianly not 720. No buffering. (WiFi)
    • Gen 1 Fire TV stick: stunning 1080 picture, no buffering, X-Ray worked excellently. (WiFi)
    • LG 4k TV: Incredible HDR picture, no buffering. I didn't get X-Ray on this app though, which is odd. (WiFi)
    • Mii Box 3 (Android TV): No app available, used as a chromecast, dreadful. (WiFi)
    If I were cynical I would say that Amazon still do not really want to play with Google products (ahem).

On the back of this I bought a 4K Fire TV Stick as the room I really will watch on has the chromecast.

For the user above you has a chromecast and is wondering about the Fire TV Stick... go for it .. the dedicated remote control is great, most apps are good .. No NowTV app is a downside. Netflix, All4, iPlayer, prime Video all excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I watched the Liverpool Everton game on Premier on Now tv. Picture was good and reliable. I have to say Ivan Yates was very good and himself and Dunphy and Brady worked well. Giles the previous night was poor. He has had his time.

Was it Gary Breen on commentary with Des Curran? I thought he was really good.

Going by reading other people's opinions on this I would say a lot of people would like the multiple streaming of games. Streaming the games over Tues/Wed/Thurs is a good idea.

In fairness the Liverpool Everton match was a great game to watch anyway.

I have Prime on my LG tv set to the uk. Reading elsewhere this is probably why I am not seeing the Prime option on myeir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I cant find the football tonight on the prime video tv app.

I just signed up free trial and can play all the movies etc but cand find any indication of any live sport within the app?

I cant find the football tonight on the prime video tv app.

I just signed up free trial and can play all the movies etc but cand find any indication of any live sport within the app?

You need to have your region set to uk.

Read back through thread.

Seriously impressed with HDR on LG tv via prime app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I need some help here guys.
    I’m able to watch amazon 4k own shows on my tv but the football is showing up 1080p

On to amazon chat they saying I need to reverify my uk card and address. I originally had Revolut MasterCard but it got lost so needed to order new one and they send Revolut visa.

That payment is showing up as not uk according to amazon.

I should have just said nothing and put up with the 1080p picture for football.

Can amazon switch my account back to ireland region themselves & how can I get around this UK payment card issue

I’m able to watch amazon 4k own shows on my tv but the football is showing up 1080p

On to amazon chat they saying I need to reverify my uk card and address. I originally had Revolut MasterCard but it got lost so needed to order new one and they send Revolut visa.

Can amazon switch my account back to ireland region themselves & how can I get around this UK payment card issue

Say nothing now and deal with the 1080p.

Say nothing now and deal with the 1080p.

That’s what I did I left the chat :D

Not all games are HDR. Tonight the arsenal one is, the other game is 1080.

"I can only watch football in 1080" is the most first world problem comment on this thread. 😜

"I can only watch football in 1080" is the most first world problem comment on this thread. 😜

I noticed that. The HDR didnt come up when i started the Sheffield newcastle game.

Does the HDR logo show up on the tv when the available match is selected and others just the 1080

Regarding the 1080 I know it’s a small complaint by me. I’m old enough to remember watching football on 17” big tv back in the day , with more pixelation than is possible :)

Does the HDR logo show up on the tv when the available match is selected and others just the 1080

Regarding the 1080 I know it’s a small complaint by me. I’m old enough to remember watching football on 17” big tv back in the day , with more pixelation than is possible :)

:)

On the LG tvs im pretty sure that with Netflix / prime that the HDR logo appesrs when content is started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

HDR only on the UHD games AFAIK.

The prime app on Samsung doesn’t have option for audio option , only subtitles. It works fine on the desktop login or prime app on tablet/phone .

It’s not a major problem just must be an issue with prime app on Samsung TVs

I used it on several platforms. We have decent enough 240 Mbps fibre. In reality I have never seen it over 100 Mbps wired. Good wifi coverage around the house.

Here is my experience:
    • Android app on phone: Grand although my phone screen is not great. It is a 720 screen. I felt the picture was pixellated, certianly not 720. No buffering. (WiFi)
    • Gen 1 Fire TV stick: stunning 1080 picture, no buffering, X-Ray worked excellently. (WiFi)
    • LG 4k TV: Incredible HDR picture, no buffering. I didn't get X-Ray on this app though, which is odd. (WiFi)
    • Mii Box 3 (Android TV): No app available, used as a chromecast, dreadful. (WiFi)
    If I were cynical I would say that Amazon still do not really want to play with Google products (ahem).

On the back of this I bought a 4K Fire TV Stick as the room I really will watch on has the chromecast.

For the user above you has a chromecast and is wondering about the Fire TV Stick... go for it .. the dedicated remote control is great, most apps are good .. No NowTV app is a downside. Netflix, All4, iPlayer, prime Video all excellent.

we have a mi box 3 with prime video app, but i got the apk file rather than app store, so maybe a newer version...they did release an android tv based prime video app a few months back....but, its a slower app than the lg tv app, and i mean for regular films and overall use of the app, not these live matches.

• Advertisement

Checked the replay of Arsenal match and Liverpool match and both showing HDR & UHD this morning.

Maybe watching live the bandwidth is narrow of either people all watching at same time or could be multiple devices connect to my house last night

Just wondering

Checked the replay of Arsenal match and Liverpool match and both showing HDR & UHD this morning.

Maybe watching live the bandwidth is narrow of either people all watching at same time or could be multiple devices connect to my house last night

Just wondering

Both of those were UHD/HDR live for me.

Can anyone help me?

I got amazon to change my account settings to UK, for prime video etc. Now when I try to make digital purchases (rent a movie, buy a kindle book etc) it says I need a card registered in the UK.

I changed my Revolut address to the UK but its not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You need a parcel motel or addresspal uk address to rent movies from prime uk plus have a revolut card.

Be careful though as your online purchases will then go to that address unless you select your normal address. The uk default address can be set up under settings/account on the app.

Thanks..I have the NI parcel motel address but it keeps saying the card needs a payment address in the UK?

Make sure your 1 click settings are set to uk address and uk card. It is under settings on the app. This is how movies are rented on the app on my tv (the 1 click settings).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

It certainly seems like setting the region to UK causes problems for normal use of your amazon account.

I think I’ll return the fire stick as I bought it for the young lad who has just moved in to his own place. If I can no longer buy books etc I’ll be closing the account.

It really is annoying that we pay the same price here for services that we can’t get. I had the same issue with premierplayer as that is only available in the UK too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You need a parcel motel or addresspal uk address to rent movies from prime uk plus have a revolut card.

Be careful though as your online purchases will then go to that address unless you select your normal address. The uk default address can be set up under settings/account on the app.

Be carful of this though. My card got blocked until I sent them proof of ID

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

You can set up several addresses on amazon and link different cards to them. I have my Irish address and Irish card on one and addresspal and revolut card on another. Just select the correct one then when buying something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bugsyb4

Here is my experience:

I have 2 questions for you as you seem to know your stuff!!

1. What is this xray about I have used it with tv and films but couldn't get it going for the soccer while using firestick remote? Might have been doing something wrong
    2. Also when you say iplayer do you mean BBC one? I have the app downloaded on Firestick last I checked but said region issues when tried to watch anything. My Prime is set to UK so watched soccer no bother.

Thanks

Advertisement