Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

can someone explain please

my wife has amazon prime and she shares it with me

is amazon prime video a different thing? I don't seem to be able to watch anything without having to pay

AFAIK you can't share prime video to a different amazon account if you are in Ireland. But you can use your wife's account details to log in and view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Recently on Prime Video they introduced different accounts like Netflix does so each family member can have their own main screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its spurs all or nothing day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Under suspicion.... HACKMAN vs FREEMAN.....strange and intense movie..... worth a watch though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Enjoying the Spurs All or Nothing series so far. As much as I like Pochettino, I think the series would have been much less captivating if he were him at the helm instead of Mourinho, who is really carrying the programme for me.

The boys season 2 is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Enjoying the Spurs All or Nothing series so far. As much as I like Pochettino, I think the series would have been much less captivating if he were him at the helm instead of Mourinho, who is really carrying the programme for me.

Didn't really like it in comparison to Sunderland till I die. Very edited and scripted in parts I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

We watched Fracture last night - Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling. A decent (albeit a bit slow going) legal thriller with some nice twists along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

peteeeed wrote: »
    The boys season 2 is out

Only the first three episodes.

The remaining five episodes will be released weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

MrStuffins wrote: »

ah, this I didn't know. Personally I prefer this release model.

I binged the first season in a weekend last year and kind of ruined it for myself. This was puts manners on me.

Apple follow this model as well. I suppose it doesnt make sense to put millions into each episode, for people to binge them over the course orf a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrStuffins wrote: »

Prefer binge watch :( cnuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just watched episode 1 of season 2 of the boys
    Not sure there is as much drive or purpose to the story but only 1 ep in....It is a LOT of fun!

Also loved Aya Cash in you're the worst, she is a terrific addition as stormfront

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Hello, I got in contact with Amazon about transfering my account to the UK version of Prime and the customer service rep stated that there was no option to transfer prime subscription to the UK. They said I would have to sign up again to the UK account.

They must be cracking down on the ROI accounts :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Realtai wrote: »
    Hello, I got in contact with Amazon about transfering my account to the UK version of Prime and the customer service rep stated that there was no option to transfer prime subscription to the UK. They said I would have to sign up again to the UK account.

They must be cracking down on the ROI accounts :/

Did you originally sign up amazon.com or amazon.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I started watching The Bureau last week and Amazon seem to have pulled it. I wish they'd put up expiry dates like Netflix do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Realtai

Quazzie, I originally signed up a long time ago to the co.uk one, with my Revolut card. Then, for various reasons I switched to my normal debit card, and the whole Amazon account switched to .com.

I suppose the only solution is to use my revolut card to sign up to the co.uk one again?

Is there much more to watch, on the UK one compared to the Irish one? Or is it near enough the same, except for the football matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Realtai wrote: »
    Is there much more to watch, on the UK one compared to the Irish one?
    Quite a bit I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

muffler wrote: »
    Quite a bit I believe.
    Plus my 4K Firestick plays nicely with the UK but not the Irish system

it appears fleabag season 2 has been added (back up) to the irish prime, very confusing , its not there for me as i have the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

peteeeed wrote: »
    it appears fleabag season 2 has been added (back up) to the irish prime, very confusing , its not there for me as i have the uk

I'm going to watch it as quickly as possible in case it disappears yet again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Has anyone watched Get Duked? looks fun, thinking on giving it a go at the weekend

Has anyone watched Get Duked? looks fun, thinking on giving it a go at the weekend
    It's fun, not life changing or anything, but a few laughs.
    Clearly heavily influenced by edgar wright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Fleabag season 2 isn't appearing on my prime, don't think it ever has. And it's been on my watchlist since I signed up for prime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭fman

Fleabag is one of those weird ones. If you search for fleabag, you will find it, season 1 available and 2 not.
    BUT if you search for fleabag season 2, you should find it and in its listing season 1 isn't available. Weird, confusing and valid as of earlier today if nothing has changed in the mean time.
    I've had a similar thing for the Americans, seasons 1-4 and then 5-6 in different blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Watched Masterchef Ireland over the last week never seen it. Am dipping in and out of Hell’s Kitchen USA too. A lot of stuff on prime I wasn’t aware of. The app isn’t very user friendly beyond the headline category items.

Watching a cop show called Bosch at the moment, four episodes in and it’s slow but quite good.

fman wrote: »
    Fleabag is one of those weird ones. If you search for fleabag, you will find it, season 1 available and 2 not.
    BUT if you search for fleabag season 2, you should find it and in its listing season 1 isn't available. Weird, confusing and valid as of earlier today if nothing has changed in the mean time.
    I've had a similar thing for the Americans, seasons 1-4 and then 5-6 in different blocks.

Thank you!! I'd thought I'd seen season 2 on it before but it never showed as being on prime in my watchlist

I think the same thing happens with one season of Futurama as well.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Watched Masterchef Ireland over the last week never seen it. Am dipping in and out of Hell’s Kitchen USA too. A lot of stuff on prime I wasn’t aware of. The app isn’t very user friendly beyond the headline category items.

I find it a bit of a PITA to navigate in comparison to NF, but search seems to work ok. Just searched Gordon Ramsay for example and it does bring up all of his prime shows.

gmisk wrote: »
    It's fun, not life changing or anything, but a few laughs.
    Clearly heavily influenced by edgar wright

That's all I need, cheers :) Bit of light entertainment in a movie that isn't American for a change, to go with me Bulmer's at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I started watching The Bureau last week and Amazon seem to have pulled it. I wish they'd put up expiry dates like Netflix do...

Yeah same here, very annoying!

Nate

In fairness, I wish Netflix would be like Prime where you can see things in your watchlist have been removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

In my Prime it doesn't remove things, they just switch to paid without telling me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

Amazon are making the move into rugby broadcasting - Snapped up rights to England home games this autumn. Would mean Ireland's game in Twickenham would only be on Amazon, Aviva matches remain on RTÉ on Channel 4.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/10/england-ireland-wales-georgia-autumn-nations-cup-rugby-union
    https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/ireland-s-november-clash-with-england-set-to-be-shown-on-amazon-prime-1.4351606

Grinders is a good documentary about some dead end poker players.

Grinders is a good documentary about some dead end poker players.

I might actually give that a try [used to play a lot myself, it was a dead end for me!] - But, says it's not available in my location?

I might actually give that a try [used to play a lot myself, it was a dead end for me!] - But, says it's not available in my location?

Strange, I watched it last night

Strange, I watched it last night

Only option it'll give me is to buy the HD version for 9.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

I watched the first 3 episodes of fleabag a few weeks ago. I went to return to it last night and only season 2 was available for me but season one was still on the app.

A few things on my watch list are no longer available now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

After having Prime Video for about 6 months have to say the revolving door of can you see something or not, is really wearing me down. I'll probably cancel it.

Only option it'll give me is to buy the HD version for 9.99

I really hope I didn’t pay €10 for it !!!

I see 71 has been added, absolutely cracking film set in the troubles, with a British soldier having to survive on the streets of belfast after a riot

• Advertisement

71 is also only availbe to rent/DL for me here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

71 is also only availbe to rent/DL for me here.
    I've got access to both '71 and Grinders. I'm on Prime Video Ireland.

ixoy wrote: »
    I've got access to both '71 and Grinders. I'm on Prime Video Ireland.

Not sure what's up in that case, will have to look into it. It's allowing me watch other current stuff like The Boys and Get Duked, but the two above, they want me to pay to rent :/

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

den87 wrote: »
    Mad Men arriving to Amazon on Friday

I've been making my way through Mad Men for the last month, what a show! Since March I've watched Oz, The Shield and Mad Men. Mad Men has been my favourite. The show is a slow burner but manages not to be boring at the same time. Great acting, some great comic moments and the era is captured well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Not sure what's up in that case, will have to look into it. It's allowing me watch other current stuff like The Boys and Get Duked, but the two above, they want me to pay to rent :/

I've UK Prime and have both 71 and Grinders free to view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

gmisk wrote: »
    I see 71 has been added, absolutely cracking film set in the troubles, with a British soldier having to survive on the streets of belfast after a riot

71 is excellent. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement

The gambler is a great documentary about a young/ very south Dublin gambler.... a real snapshot of Ireland at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

But, says it's not available in my location?

Thats the error I get when I try to access Prime Video using my Irish account on an app meant for UK accounts ie. my firestick. I had to download the correct app for it to work on the firestick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Blumhouse Television and Amazon Studios have teamed up to conjure Welcome to the Blumhouse, a collection of all-new, diversely-themed, brand-unified films from the eponymous fabricators of film frights, arriving just in time for a Halloween season that—unprecedentedly—won’t likely involve trick-or-treating. The first four in a total of eight films will have dual premieres on Amazon Prime Video across two weeks, starting on October 6, with Black Box and Evil Eye, followed by The Lie and Nocturne on October 13.

These look interesting.
    I would be a tad weary of blumhouse tv productions though that other horror series they did "into the dark" was pretty poor overall, these look a bit more glossy with bigger cast names in them.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Thats the error I get when I try to access Prime Video using my Irish account on an app meant for UK accounts ie. my firestick. I had to download the correct app for it to work on the firestick.

I use prime on the PC, will have to delve into the settings. I've not used prime video much, only recently, so not very familiar with it

[edit] Got it sorted, I can access those programs via the Prime app for windows, I was just using the web browser. Still odd, but hey, it's working

• Advertisement
Advertisement