Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished season 3 of the X-Files and this one was one of my favourites. I thought it started on a roll. The mythology episodes were gripping and the monster-of-the-week episodes were well done. I enjoyed D.P.O., about the guy with lightning powers, and Pusher, about the dying guy with suggestive powers. I think my favourite of the season was Clyde Bruckman’s Final Repose. I like Peter Boyle and wasn’t aware he was ever on the show. That was a nice surprise and he was a great guest. My favourite alien episode I'd say was the one where Mulder is stuck on the train carriage. Jose Chung’s From Outer Space was one of the funny ones. Maybe my favourite line of the season is the one where Mulder and Scully are arguing about why she never gets to drive and he says he’s not sure her little feet can reach the pedals!

I didn’t think the end of the season was quite as strong as the start. I read on the Prime trivia notes that one of the reasons why Skinner got his own episode was the cast were feeling exhausted at that point. I didn’t like the Hell Money one set in Chinatown, while my least favourite episode this season was probably the Revelations one where Scully has to protect the kid with stigmata.

Overall, I thought this was a great season. It was worth going back on the early stuff just for this one. I’m going to keep going into Season 4. I started watching regularly some time in the mid to late 90s so I’m curious when I’m going to start recognising episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I’m not sure whether mine is set to Ireland or the UK. Is there any show I can search to check? Thanks

You'll see links to the football and rugby on the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Utopia canceled.... very quickly
    I lasted maybe 3 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭oodles19

peteeeed wrote: »
    yes , i changed my address to my parcel motel virtual address before i went on the chat and they changed it straight away

Did you just change your delivery address? Did you simply ask for them to switch you to the UK or did you give any additional information/explanation? Sorry to be asking but I want to do the same and want to make sure I don't go wrong!!

oodles19 wrote: »
    Did you just change your delivery address? Did you simply ask for them to switch you to the UK or did you give any additional information/explanation? Sorry to be asking but I want to do the same and want to make sure I don't go wrong!![/QUOTE

I had parcel motel as my default address and I just asked in the chat, address was never brought up but I would use the parcel motel as the default address if I was you then change it after you get UK prime sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It will be interesting to see if we all get moved from UK prime video to the Irish one on January 1st if no brexit deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if we all get moved from UK prime video to the Irish one on January 1st if no brexit deal

If they your location is the UK they shouldn't change it?

PsychoPete wrote: »
    If they your location is the UK they shouldn't change it?

Yes BUT the only reason you can take your UK content to other EU countries is because of an EU directive. So from Jan 1st you will have UK content BUT it may become geoblocked again & you won't be able to view it outside of the UK. Before the EU directive you could only watch UK content with VPN or smart DNS. Id imagine it will return to this as the won't have the rights to stream UK content in the EU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Anyone know why quite alot of shows on UK prime but not the Irish version, would like to watch the Oceans apart Doc.
    Also there was a show I wanted to watch they have series 2 and 3 but not the first one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Anyone know why quite alot of shows on UK prime but not the Irish version, would like to watch the Oceans apart Doc.
    Also there was a show I wanted to watch they have series 2 and 3 but not the first one!!

Some content may differ due to region but the particular film mentioned is on UK Prime but as paid content and Irish Prime doesn't have that feature just what is part of your subscription.

Some TV shows are in blocks for some reason e.g. Outlander 5 seasons all there but 1-3 are separate try select them from the block that has 4&5 and it will tell you not available but search for them in the search and they appear with no option to select 4&5 in that block then. I know Handmaid's Tale has the latest season there but not the other seasons which is a shame as I hope to watch that at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I'm watching Community at the moment and got to Season 3 only to find that there are only about half of the episodes available. Very disappointed with Prime.
    The interface is absolutely shocking aswell. Maybe some really good exclusive content but I'll be cancelling after Christmas for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭oodles19

I have a years Prime video via an Eir offer, tried to switch it to the UK just there and Amazon didn't show an active Prime subscription on my account, so that must be dealt with differently. Shame, they have a couple of Liverpool games this month that I'd have liked to watch in a handy way...

oodles19 wrote:
    I have a years Prime video via an Eir offer, tried to switch it to the UK just there and Amazon didn't show an active Prime subscription on my account, so that must be dealt with differently. Shame, they have a couple of Liverpool games this month that I'd have liked to watch in a handy way...

This is a long thread but this topic has come up before & some claimed to have successfully moved to UK prime even though they were Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm watching Community at the moment and got to Season 3 only to find that there are only about half of the episodes available. Very disappointed with Prime.
    The interface is absolutely shocking aswell. Maybe some really good exclusive content but I'll be cancelling after Christmas for sure.

The interface is really painful to use. Take ages to get back what you were just watching. Half the stuff you put in your watch list switches from included on your subscription to paid before you get to watch it.

I'm waiting for the last season of a couple of shows, but once done I'll be cancelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Puzzled as how you managed this?

Community has been in that current state since July when it was due to leave why its still up there with a mixed bag of episodes here and there is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Puzzled as how you managed this?

Community has been in that current state since July when it was due to leave why its still up there with a mixed bag of episodes here and there is beyond me.

Sorry, to clarify I had Netflix and started watching the show on there. But I switched over to Prime and was happy to see Community listed with "Seasons 1-6 available". Which isn't really true. I'd have preferred they just removed it, instead of leaving a mixed bag of episodes as you mentioned.

I guess with the poor interface and difficulty finding content this was the last straw for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is a long thread but this topic has come up before & some claimed to have successfully moved to UK prime even though they were Eir

I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Will pass a few hours someday

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl who played with fire
    The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Really happy about that, Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Problem with using it via Sky is unless you have a more recent version of Sky Q you may lose HDR, and in terms of sound will may also lose Atmos over using a standalone app on the TV. Same applies for Netflix in fairness.

its just shown up for me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭billbond4

After downloading the app, and loggin in it doesnt show my passes

It seems to be setup with now tv uk , so the irish now tv passes doesnt show up

billbond4 wrote: »
    It seems to be setup with now tv uk , so the irish now tv passes doesnt show up

ahh ok , its fine for me on sky q and now much easier to navigate around as opposed to on my LG tv

• Advertisement

Have you tried to watch anything? I can login and everything looks fine, but it says I have no pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭harr

Delighted to have this as a sky app .. not a huge effort having to use LG app but a lot of the time I forget it was there so a lot easier to navigate.
    Works fine for me all programs playing as they should.
    I did try set it up on my phone but it didn’t work so had to use the laptop to set it up.

billbond4 wrote: »
    Have you tried to watch anything? I can login and everything looks fine, but it says I have no pass

worked fine for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

worked fine for me

Nice simple setup. Scan a QR code from the TV screen and it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

yep thanks for the heads up - got it working - just what I need another excuse to sit down and watch stuff on TV !! Advise to register on a computer/desktop - I struggled to find the page on my mobile device

• Advertisement

Not working on firestick , logged a ticket with nowtv
    Bet it would work if my now tv account was a uk one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^ Regarding the Sky Q Prime app

If you have Amazon Prime video UK and sign in to primevideo.com to register the Sky box, it'll try and change your location to Ireland.
    To avoid this enter the TV code shown on the TV at signin on amazon.co.uk | Prime Video | Settings | Your devices | Register another device.

(I didn't know if the QR code would also work with a UK Amazon account - wasn't going to risk it). Perhaps someone could confirm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished James May's cookery show, good fun. Hope he does some more.

billbond4 wrote:
    After downloading the app, and loggin in it doesnt show my passes

Firestick isn't supposed to be sold in Ireland so I wouldn't have thought Now TV Ireland would work. Maybe a workaround might suffice in the next few days

I have Now TV UK and it works perfectly. I can now get rid of the Now TV stick & free up a HDMI port

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Interestingly the Sky press release does mention roll out on Fire Sticks in Ireland in early 2021. It’s possible they mean the expensive, never discounted and neigh on impossible to get Fire Tv Basic Edition.

Interestingly I took a look on Amazon.de and they have no problem shipping a Fire Stick to Austria, but (just like Amazon.co.uk) won’t do so to Ireland. Odd the way we are treated in this regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

MBSnr wrote: »

If you have Amazon Prime video UK and sign in to primevideo.com to register the Sky box, it'll try and change your location to Ireland.
    To avoid this enter the TV code shown on the TV at signin on amazon.co.uk | Prime Video | Settings | Your devices | Register another device.

(I didn't know if the QR code would also work with a UK Amazon account - wasn't going to risk it). Perhaps someone could confirm?

QR code brings you to your UK account so no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Went on my SkyQ box last night, and couldn't see the Amazon app listed anywhere under Apps. Am I missing something?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Went on my SkyQ box last night, and couldn't see the Amazon app listed anywhere under Apps. Am I missing something?

no , its rolling out , you can try updating the software yourself through settings/system info/ software version /click set up/click software download

For the firestick, I setup a uk account and then I was able to watch nowtv
    But I have a 2 month pass on my Irish now TV that I can't use on firestick

The expanse season 5 added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Didn't even know it was due - fantastic. Glad I haven't cancelled prime just yet :)

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont know if its been mentioned before now but I watched the first season of Condor last year and it was excellent. However season 2 was very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The expanse season 5 added

Can't wait. I'm hoping it's better than season 4 which was not as strong as earlier seasons.

beauf wrote: »
    Can't wait. I'm hoping it's better than season 4 which was not as strong as earlier seasons.

i'm going to have to watch some catch up youtube videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

MBSnr wrote: »

worked a treat, Legend:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Just signed up to prime and started watching the Americans which is 5 seasons and meant to have a good ending.
    Can anyone recommend other good series that have a natural ending or without falling off the cliff quality wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Just signed up to prime and started watching the Americans which is 5 seasons and meant to have a good ending.
    Can anyone recommend other good series that have a natural ending or without falling off the cliff quality wise

The best show on amazon is.... Patriot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The best show on amazon is.... Patriot

Yeah I loved that series too. Don't think it's name did it any favours, but then I'm not sure what name would have fit it better.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,868 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Depends what you're into but Jack Ryan, Hunters, Looming Tower, Man In The High Castle all worth a watch imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I think Justified is on the Irish prime, if you haven't watched that, then do, and you can thank me later (if it's not on prime here in Ireland, apologies but track it down!)

Bosch is also good (though not Justified good) and as has been suggested Patriot is an excellent black comedy/drama.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement