Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Any recommendations?

Watched Bosch recently and didn't think much of it.

For TV?

Friday Night Lights
    Bob's Burgers
    Catastrophe
    Fleabag
    Justified
    The Missing
    The Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Just finished binge watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,

I'm sure its been mentioned here loads of times already but honestly its a brilliant show, really not what I was expecting. It was on my radar for a while now but for some reason I kept holding back.

It's very cleverly written and the pace of the dialog keeps you hooked, also one of the best comedic written shows in many a year.

On another note some of the sets are amazing too, gives you a real feel of escapism.

If it was on you radar and you thought a bit "meh" or you havn't seen it yet then go for it, you won't be disappointed

I watched about 3 or 4 episodes of S1 of this but I couldn't get into it. They felt very repetitive in structure to me. She meets with the short woman, thinks about Joel, has some sort of accidental public performance which then inspires her stand up, the end.

I started it when I was on a free trial and had no intention of actually signing up, so didn't waste viewing time on it after that, but I have it free for a year now so I might give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I watched about 3 or 4 episodes of S1 of this but I couldn't get into it. They felt very repetitive in structure to me. She meets with the short woman, thinks about Joel, has some sort of accidental public performance which then inspires her stand up, the end.

I started it when I was on a free trial and had no intention of actually signing up, so didn't waste viewing time on it after that, but I have it free for a year now so I might give it another go.

I've a friend who raves about it so must try it again. So much tv, so little time.

Yep a bit like that at the start TBH but it keeps getting better, season 2 is a belter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've said here plenty of times that I think this to be one of their best shows. No one has disagreed with me but no one seemed to agree either. I'm delighted to have found a kindred spirit :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I've said here plenty of times that I think this to be one of their best shows. No one has disagreed with me but no one seemed to agree either. I'm delighted to have found a kindred spirit :)
    I'll agree it's easily their best show. Very witty, some great performances and it's also got fantastic production values (it looks stunning in 4k).

It takes a little bit of time to really get going but it moves on from the Joel element and finds its feet. Easy for me to see why it's won a bunch of awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

ixoy wrote: »
    I'll agree it's easily their best show. Very witty, some great performances and it's also got fantastic production values (it looks stunning in 4k).

It takes a little bit of time to really get going but it moves on from the Joel element and finds its feet. Easy for me to see why it's won a bunch of awards.

I'm the opposite (sorry!). I watched 5/6 episodes and just wanted to punch all the characters. Not going to waste my time on this where there are so many other better shows out there (IMHO of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

the Americans is well worth a watch - 4 seasons up there currently …. v underrated show !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

whatever76 wrote: »
    the Americans is well worth a watch - 4 seasons up there currently …. v underrated show !

All 5 seasons of the Americans are there. I rewatched the whole thing again recently. Brilliant TV and they nailed the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

whatever76 wrote: »

I just started it this weekend and I'm really enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

oh i am jealous - love to be just starting it again ! great TV show and I watched it the old way weekly on RTE1 few years back ; grabbed me from the first episode. And as previous poster states - ended really well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

All 5 seasons of the Americans are there. I rewatched the whole thing again recently. Brilliant TV and they nailed the ending.

Myself and the missus tailed off in season 3 at some stage. I might just start from scratch as it was a relatively complex plot over time.

Watched Homecoming last week and really ejoyed that one.

I'm the opposite (sorry!). I watched 5/6 episodes and just wanted to punch all the characters. Not going to waste my time on this where there are so many other better shows out there (IMHO of course!)

My wife feels the same. We got 3/4 way through first season when she announced that either I'll be watching the rest on my own or her foot will be going through the TV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I loved the first season of The Patriot, a really interesting black comedy. 2nd isn't as good unfortunately but still worth a watch.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I loved the first season of The Patriot, a really interesting black comedy. 2nd isn't as good unfortunately but still worth a watch.

I liked it too but I thought the second season was much better and finished the story up neatly too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I liked it too but I thought the second season was much better and finished the story up neatly too I think.

Haha, well we agree it's good anyway. :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Harry66

4 Blocks is excellent, two seasons on Prime and a third online.

I really enjoyed Red Oaks, 3 seasons; a coming of age comedy set in a country club near NYC and has a great turn by Paul Reiser and the guy who played his pal in Mad About You. The younger actors are mostly very good too.

sweetie wrote: »
    I really enjoyed Red Oaks, 3 seasons; a coming of age comedy set in a country club near NYC and has a great turn by Paul Reiser and the guy who played his pal in Mad About You. The younger actors are mostly very good too.

Is it wrapped up in 3 seasons or did it get cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭johnire

Keep watching it....it gets better and better. I loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Any idea how to turn off the foreign subtitles on Picard?
    I've it set to no sub titles and none appear but romulan comes up in German

Irish sub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Mortelaro wrote: »

Irish sub

Subtitles are always a nightmare on prime. Hit and miss as to when they work or don't especially when it's built in subs for foreign language. Try a different device, sometimes that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Mortelaro wrote: »

Irish sub

You might have to back out to settings and change subtitles there. I did this before to fix subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but just sat down to watch season 2 of the terror and all episodes are showing as unavailable? What's going on here?

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but just sat down to watch season 2 of the terror and all episodes are showing as unavailable? What's going on here?

Haven't watched it but I do remember a few months ago someone saying that it's available on Irish prime but not UK prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

So I just settled down to watch season 2 of Fleabag, I finished season 1 last week- only to find they’re both gone from Prime! Anyone any idea why? So disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I think you had to pay for season 2 anyway

Is it wrapped up in 3 seasons or did it get cancelled?

I think it was cancelled but they had wrapped up the season pretty well as probably saw it coming.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sweetie wrote: »
    I think it was cancelled but they had wrapped up the season pretty well as probably saw it coming.

Not really a case of it being cancelled more that PWB doesn't want to do any more imo and I could have sworn I read somewhere that she said as much herself. BBC would be throwing money at her to do another if she wanted to I reckon.

I think the end of season 2 was pretty conclusive and was a really good way to end the show.

Wouldn't be surprised if she has a change of heart down the line and does another though!

Advertisement