Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not really a case of it being cancelled more that PWB doesn't want to do any more imo and I could have sworn I read somewhere that she said as much herself. BBC would be throwing money at her to do another if she wanted to I reckon.

I think the end of season 2 was pretty conclusive and was a really good way to end the show.

Wouldn't be surprised if she has a change of heart down the line and does another though!

We weren't talking about Fleabag :D

Speaking of it though, the live stage show from last year is streaming at the moment. There's a small charge and it all goes to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Watched Odd Thomas there, would give it 7/10. Definitely worth watching and I enjoyed the book years ago. Good for a teen movie

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Anyone know when Picard will be available on Irish Prime? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Moghead wrote: »

But it is available on Irish Prime, always has been?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,250 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We weren't talking about Fleabag :D

Speaking of it though, the live stage show from last year is streaming at the moment. There's a small charge and it all goes to charity.

Ah here, this lock down is affecting my ability to follow conversations on here I think :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's an Amazon original. It should be showing in all regions It's usually only shows Amazon don't own that can be geoblocked due to licensing laws

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

But it is available on Irish Prime, always has been?

It's actually pretty hard to avoid. They shove it in your face!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Weird it's telling me it's not available in my region.

Weird it's telling me it's not available in my region.

Their live chat is very good at resolving issues.

Not necessarily recommendations but a few things that have been added over the last week or so....

Films:
    The Road to El Dorado
    Four Weddings and a Funeral
    Under the Skin
    Oceans 11
    Million Dollar Baby
    Dirty Dancing
    Carlito's Way
    Anna Karenina
    Magnificent Seven (remake)
    The Man in the Iron Mask
    17 Again
    A Fish Called Wanda
    The Disaster Artist
    Spring Breakers
    Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool
    The Grey
    Hideous Kinky
    Anthropoid
    What We Do in the Shadows
    The Current War
    Blades of Glory

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's an Amazon original. It should be showing in all regions It's usually only shows Amazon don't own that can be geoblocked due to licensing laws

All regions except US and Canada - it’s a “fake original” and actually produced for CBS All Access.

Song of the Sea was added today too. Beautiful animated film from Kilkenny's Cartoon Saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Just watched Man from deep river. Suprised to see it has the full uncut version.I remember watching a lot of those video nasties from the 70s/80s on video years back and they were always cut to shreads by the BBFC, some by at least 4 minutes.

Great movie btw, much better than expected but definitely not for the faint hearted.Not nearly as exploitational as something like Cannibal Holocaust but still grizzly in parts.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I noticed with Amazon prime alot of the "films" on there are awful from a production standpoint. I mean they look like they were shot on a home video with no lighting, poor sound and "actors" who would not get into fair city. I mean I guess it's cheap to buy these films but probably do amazon better to have some quality control and less films.

jface187 wrote: »
    I noticed with Amazon prime alot of the "films" on there are awful from a production standpoint. I mean they look like they were shot on a home video with no lighting, poor sound and "actors" who would not get into fair city. I mean I guess it's cheap to buy these films but probably do amazon better to have some quality control and less films.

Yeah.

The Hurt Locker - shot in a bedroom.
    The Imitation Game - that Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley are amateurs.
    Heat - unknown cast.
    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold - Richard who?
    La Dolce Vita - Fellini skimping on lighting.
    Paris, Texas - more crap.
    Once Upon a Time in America - clearly shot on an iPhone.

You're talking through your arse.

I'm sure it was there already but Hunt For The Wilderpeople is showing up as newly added. Didn't love it as much as Waititi's earlier films, but it's still an enjoyable film.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was watchin a few shows this morning....

The Grand tour...fine

Piquard.....fine

The Boys.....fine, but some scenes are very dark - have to turn up contrast on TV

The Hunters....very poor, pixelated picture throughout

whats going on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Not necessarily recommendations but a few things that have been added over the last week or so....

Films:
    Under the Skin
    Spring Breakers
    I try not to rewatch stuff given the amount of movies and TV I've yet to see but these are two of my favourites of recent years and must revisit both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I watched the first episode of Future Man last night.
    I found it a bit cheesy and their portrayal of video games was a bit clichéd.

Does it get any better or will I move on?

Also watched the first two episodes of The Americans. Very good so far imo.

has anyone watched ZeroZeroZero?

Found it to be very good - very gritty and globe-spanning (Italy, Mexico, Senegal, Morrocco etc) drug-smuggling 1-series epic.

812S9ktbyAL._RI_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

glasso wrote: »
    has anyone watched ZeroZeroZero?

Found it to be very good - very gritty and globe-spanning (Italy, Mexico, Senegal, Morrocco etc) drug-smuggling 1-series epic.

Can you watch a UK/IRL Prime account in another country and get their content in the same way you can with Netflix? Currently ZeroZeroZero ain't available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yeah I have been waiting on that show. It will eventually air on Sky Atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can you watch a UK/IRL Prime account in another country and get their content in the same way you can with Netflix? Currently ZeroZeroZero ain't available here.

No. You get a very limited selection. Usually only Amazon originals though.

The only reason we get UK content is because of an EU directive saying that we can take our full package and use it anywhere in the EU while out of our own country. Once the UK leaves the EU we will need a vpn or smart DNS to view UK content

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Portability Regulation is a red herring on that front - it only entitles you to bring your content abroad on a temporary basis (holiday/business trip). Doesn’t allow you to do so if you actually move residence from one member state to another. To be honest what you are really benefiting from is the very leaky way Amazon have implemented their own geoblocking (I don’t know any other provider that is so accommodating to requests to simply change catelogue. But that’s their own look out and I have no doubt they know exactly what they are doing and will continue to do it until some rights holder, probably the Premier League if Premier Sports complain, gives out to them over it).

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah.

The Hurt Locker - shot in a bedroom.
    The Imitation Game - that Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley are amateurs.
    Heat - unknown cast.
    The Spy Who Came in from the Cold - Richard who?
    La Dolce Vita - Fellini skimping on lighting.
    Paris, Texas - more crap.
    Once Upon a Time in America - clearly shot on an iPhone.

You're talking through your arse.

You clearly not looked through the horror section? then.
    I didn't say all the stuff on Amazon Prime is like that. Bit of an over-reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

watchmen season 1 added

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

peteeeed wrote: »
    watchmen season 1 added

I saw that listed on JustWatch, but can't find it on the Amazon app. Could it be a mistake? JustWatch often list a title (with art and details) and then it turns out it was a mistake and it was another movie/tv show with the same name.....

I saw that listed on JustWatch, but can't find it on the Amazon app. Could it be a mistake? JustWatch often list a title (with art and details) and then it turns out it was a mistake and it was another movie/tv show with the same name.....

They listed Spiderman Homecoming last week too but I couldn't find it.
    That said, I had to search Taika Waititi to find Hunt for the Wilderpeople, and it was about 5 or 6 down the list.

They listed Spiderman Homecoming last week too but I couldn't find it.
    That went up on sky on Friday

• Advertisement

It's showing up on mine to buy but mine is set to the UK

Advertisement